Old 10-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #1  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Smile 20 Lb Box of Tide

So yesterday, I came home from the store with a big box of Tide detergent. I was carrying it down to the laundry room, and I was like, this box is heavy, wonder how much it weighs. So I looked - 20 lbs.

Then I realized, I used to walk around all day every day carrying the equivalent of **SEVEN** 20 lb boxes of Tide on my person. Seven! There's no way I could pick up and carry seven of them dang boxes all at once today!

Jeez, no wonder I was sick and tired and worn out and in pain all the time. Seven big, heavy boxes of Tide.

Only three more boxes of Tide to go!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  

LOL.I think of this every holiday when I cook a turkey!!12 lbs feels....really...heavy...!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #3  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Wow, DC, you really are an inspiration. You really are amazing. You're totally kicking butt!

I was just thinking that I couldn't even lift the amount of weight that you've lost. I have a 73lbs Labrador - I've tried lifting her from the floor & can barely do that. So not only did you lose my Lab but you lost my other dog, too (54lbs) plus one of the pumpkins I bought over the weekend (10lbs) !
I wish I had a picture of them all lined up!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

That would be awesome, line em up and take that pic! I love labs almost as much as hounds...one of my favorite dogs of all time was the world's sweetest yellow lab.

I can lift the amount I've lost, but only in human form. I was joking around with my BFF's husband...who is small and scrawny...a few weeks ago. He is under 150. So my BFF asked if I thought I could pick him up, so I did! I just lifted him a few inches off the ground...enough to make her ROTFLHAO (and to make him pretty peeved! LOL).

As far as actually picking stuff up, the heaviest I can really manage is a 77 lb sack of dog food. I can lift those to my shoulder and carry in a fireman's carry. It ain't easy but I can do it. I sling 55 lb dogs around all day every day though.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #5  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Mission set: I will take that pic tonight & send it to you. I added a pic of my 2 maniacs (she is a yellow lab!) to my profile so you can see that much at least for now! I have a few of them in the pudgy pets section, too.

And I cannot believe you lifted your BFF's husband! That is hilarious!

Seriously, though, you have come amazingly far. Congrats, lady. You really are kick@$$!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

Oh how CUTE! I love labs because they always look so HAPPY. Hounds, OTOH, always look like they just lost their BFF...LOL.

Yep, he was not happy about it. At all. She and I were rolling on the floor though. Simple minds, simple pleasures I guess.

And thanks. It's hard, but it's worth it.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #7  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Amazing!!! Congrats that is incredible!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I keep counting my weight loss in those huge waterbottles that go in coolers I think they are 35lbs. I've lost THREE of those... or 5.5 boxes of detergent. Hehe... Only 2.5 boxes to go! WOOT!

Congrats on the 2 boxes worth of success!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

I like this way of looking at it! Congrats on all of your success so far, girl!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote