Old 10-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #1  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Default To share 3fc or not to share . . .

I always want to share posts, links and pictures from 3fc with my friends and family. I think that the experiences, information and thoughts here are so helpful. Selfishly, I have not shared the site with anyone IRL. I always feel that my posts are open, honest, and so transparent. I have the selfish fear that people I know IRL will know all of the things that I have fessed up here. I know that after they join, they will read all about it. There is a certain transparency that goes along with anonymity. Also, I don't mind telling people how much weight I have lost, but I never share the details (unless you are my Hubby or trusted SIL) of my starting weight and goal. I know that my ticker tells the entire ugly story. However, on the other hand it also tells of my success!

Do you share? There are so many recipes and tips that I want to forward to my SIL and to my friends who have no clue about how to begin to lose weight.

To share or not to share . . . that IS the question!
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I do not I have made this a place where I can talk very openly about myself and painful struggles I've had, and I don't want my family or friends (or net acquaintances) to read every revealing detail about me.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I tell people about it. My bff and I actually joined together and both keep a blog so we can be accountable and have a weight loss buddy. Im not ashamed of any info on the site really. I may be emarrassed that everyone would know my real weight because Ive only told 2 people how much I weigh IRL and so that would be tough but Im here doing something about it so who cares if they see how much my high weight was because its not what I weigh now. I post some pretty TMI stuff about myself everyonce in a while but Im an open book in the first place so it doesnt bother me. If I was a more private person I would probably keep it on the d/l.

If I think it will help someone I love lose weight and get motivated I share it but thats just me. This site has really got me moving and excited to be changing old habits and if can do that for friends and family then Im all for it!

=)

Last edited by VernDern; 10-21-2009 at 10:14 PM.
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Jenhai, I don't for the same reasons you don't!

Confidentially yours,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I tell everyone about 3FC...I have a longstanding policy of not posting anything in a public forum that I would mind people reading, so I don't really worry about that angle. And my numbers went WAY public with the Woman's World story (although THAT was a little creepy, because people who would NEVER join here were picking that up and reading my scary starting numbers).

I just know it's helped me so much, so I offer it up whenever someone asks me that "How did you do it" question.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I haven't told some people I might have, and sometimes I feel bad about that. But I like being anonymous.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #7  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Thank you ladies for your thoughts.

VernDern - I can see what you mean. You live in my immediate area. Congrats on joining with your BF. I tell my hubby everything about 3fc and share stories with him. But, I never thought about him joining. Thanks for that idea.

Mandalinn . . . I never thought about the Woman's World exposure. But, I have always heard don't write down anything that you don't want to be read. You are right! I think that I will limit some "situational items". BTW, your story and recipes are amazing!
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have told me sis-in-law and a couple of very close friends of mine. People I very much care about and people I think could really benefit from the knowledge of 3FC. I guard it pretty well though. In reality though, there is nothing I have said here I would be ashamed to admit and share with anyone if pressed--and I have shared quite a bit. If someone is going to judge me or snicker at me for my feelings or actions they can have at it! They have the rest of their fingers pointing back at them! It is easier to share here because it is online. Plus, people here GET it. There is nothing I could say here that another woman hasn't experienced.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I would tell people who I feel would benefit from the information, with the exception of a friend of mine for personal reasons. I'd have no problem telling people about the website in the terms of "I joined 3fc and it helped me lose weight" to pretty much anyone...
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #10  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Oops! I meant my bestfriend forever (BFF)! lol My boyfriend actually knows I joined a site and Im sure he's figured out which one by seeing me on here ALL THE TIME but I havn't even told him my weight. Simply because I do weigh a alightly more than he does right now and Im just embarrassed. I'll tell him how much I weigh now when Im skinny or less than him. haha
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #11  

Height: 5'11"

I have only shared with one person. She lurked here along with me early in the year and then I believe she left. I don't use my real name and have thus far not posted a picture of my face. I have mentioned my starting weight a few times in some posts and have also mentioned my current weight, so anyone who reads here regularly and has basic math skills would be able to figure out my starting weight, heh. But still yet....it's one thing for you guys, my fellow chickies, to know. And another thing for casual work acquaintances to know how much I weigh/weighed.

So selfishly, I have not shared. Sad but true.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Not that I am ashamed of anything I've posted here but this is 'my' space. It's the one place I can come and know that someone here understands because we all have been there at one point or another. I do share with my family but they don't understand like the people at 3FC and they never will because they don't have food issues like I do.

If I truly thought a friend would benefit from this forum then I would share. But, I'd wait for them to ask.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #13  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I don't really talk about my weight problem with people in my life because it makes me uncomfortable, but I am very comfortable talking about it here. Even though I am proud of myself for what I've accomplished, I do feel a lot of shame and embarrassment about letting myself get this way. This is my safe zone and I would rather not invite in my friends from outside. So I get it!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #14  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I don't usually tell anyone I know IRL about forums I post on (which is really only this, another one, and the wow forums when I used to play wow). This is my weight loss world, and there are some things I just only want to share with people who have been there, done that, and are wearing the t-shirts. My husband knows what forums I post on, and in passing conversation with others I will mention "the weight loss forum" and perhaps they know it's 3FC and perhaps they don't but I am not going to open up that part of myself.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #15  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I've shared with a couple of close women in my life... my best friend who has discovered through here that she has an actual, real life binging problem because of 3FC and has found serious comfort and relief from those forums for stuff that had been driving her INSANE for years.... and my younger sister who is also battling a weight problem, though she only gets on every now and then.

Like others said, if I'm going to put it out there.. it's something I'd tell someone if they asked. And even if I wouldn't, and they found it, and were THAT darned interested in it... so be it. I'm not ashamed of my scars and the battles I've won.... or lost. Cos I sure as **** lived to tell the tale!

So I guess my answer is this: I share with those I am close to and feel comfortable sharing with, who can benefit from it. Other than that, I just say "the weight loss forums I frequent". If someone I know IRL finds me on here, so be it!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote