don't want to go overboard tonight...

• So I'm now back to the lowest I've ever been after shooting up to the mid-270s again. Tonight is a big test of my will power as it is our monthly get together at a local bar (its for an online community and I organize the social events). The last time I went to a bar was when things got out of control and it led to 3 or 4 bad days in a row.

Not only is going to bars my big issue (too many high calorie beers), but they are also providing us lots of fattening pub food as appetizers.

Any words of wisdom as I head into this this evening? I'd like to limit myself to only 3 or 4 beers (I know that seems like a lot, but I'd usually have 2 or 3 times that amount if not more).

I think I'm going to eat a healthy dinner before I head over to the bar so I won't be too tempted to nom on the deep fried pickles or chicken wings.
  • Often times, to make sure I don't drink too much, I volunteer to be the designated driver. That way, you can't have too much because the consequences would be SO serious.

As for the food, I have no tips..sorry!
  • I would say order a big glass of water between beers and pound that water back fast! You'll feel full temporarily and it will slow you down between beers. Also helps with appetite. Heck pound back two glasses of water between drinks and it'll deter you from the food as well!
  • If there's a way to eat healthy at a bar, I haven't found it yet! But this article gives a run down on some of the more common options and which are better.

Have fun tonight!
  • Hope you had fun and kept it under control! Let us know how you did...
  • I hope it went well!
  • Hope you had a good night, and if not, don't let it get you down, come hang out with us and we will help you get right back on track!!
  • Matt...let us know how it went!
  • Hope you had a good time and still managed to keep things in check!
  • How did it go? How are you feeling?
  • Hey Matt! how did it go???