3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Finally starting to feel like I'm changing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/184121-finally-starting-feel-like-im-changing.html)

CLCSC145 10-13-2009 08:32 PM

Finally starting to feel like I'm changing

For the longest time, I could see numbers on the scale dropping, but didn't see my body changing. While the pounds lost was a happy thing, there was something lacking in the whole experience because I have felt the same as ever. This has resulted in a lot of up and down moods for me lately - sad and discouraged on days when the scale doesn't move, happy yet frustrated on the days it dropped because I couldn't see it.

Today was the first day I really feel different. I'm comfortably several sizes smaller in my clothes as of this week, wore a new bra that's two band sizes smaller than the ones I've worn forever and hated because they looked old-ladyish and holy cow the girls looked like I'd had them enhanced today, and a glance in the car's rear view mirror revealed that I've only got one chin today. I can see my collarbones, my thighs are much smaller now, I can run up and down the stairs, and I can scratch the middle of my back when I get an itch. I'm sitting here in a fleecy top that when I bought it at my heaviest, I cried because I looked like a lumpy stuffed sausage in it and threw it in the back of my closet. The weather was cold and wet today so I hauled it out, worried it would still make me look like a sausage. But it's almost too big and I look good, darn it! I know this didn't happen overnight, but jeez it feels that way.

I don't ever want to go back. I just want to go forward.

Matilda08 10-13-2009 08:44 PM

Congrats job well done!

tiffany0809 10-13-2009 08:48 PM

Congratulations!!! Isn't it weird how all of a sudden you notice these major changes, like it happened overnight??

starfishkitty 10-13-2009 08:59 PM

I SO know what you mean! I laughed outloud when I read the whole scratching that part of your back bit..... I discovered the same thing a few weeks ago!!!

So awesome! Keep goin chica! :D :bravo:

rockinrobin 10-13-2009 10:16 PM

Oh CC, I am SO happy for you. You're hard work is paying off and you're really beginning to reap the rewards. I gotta warn you though, hold on tight. Because now that you've started noticing the differences, whoa, they are really, really going to start surfacing now. Be ready to be blown away. Just blown away. The rewards are just THAT great. It's better than anything you could have ever imagined.

Sounds like you're in a real good place right now. I look forward to hearing of your continued success and wonderful discoveries. Congratulations.

Idealmuse 10-13-2009 11:18 PM

Yep, they are going to start happening fast now. Once I got under 240 I could see changes better and under 220 I was seeing a big difference every 5 pounds. 5 pounds! Imagine that! Us bigger girls know what its like to lose 20, 30 pounds and hardly ever be able to tell. Now I know why thin woman whine about 5-10 pounds here or there it's a pretty noticeable difference.

Woo Hoo! Congrats!

cfmama 10-13-2009 11:24 PM

I am so happy and so proud of you! I remember when all of a sudden it was like "wow... so I HAVE lost weight!!!!" what a great feeling. You are doing SO WELL!

starfishkitty 10-14-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idealmuse (Post 2969563)
Us bigger girls know what its like to lose 20, 30 pounds and hardly ever be able to tell. Now I know why thin woman whine about 5-10 pounds here or there it's a pretty noticeable difference.

So true!

momof5k 10-14-2009 01:06 AM

Congratulations! I just reached this milestone myself recently. Amazing!

Windchime 10-14-2009 01:34 AM

CC, congratulations! :) I have only recently really started to really be able to notice as well and isn't it a great feeling? I'm so happy about your fleece top. It's those little things that make such a big difference, and can make for a really happy day. Your hard work is paying off!

PinkyPie 10-14-2009 01:50 AM

So awesome, I want to cry with joy when I read posts like this!! Great job CC and keep going, girl!!!

mj5 10-14-2009 07:43 AM

Great job CC!!! You are doing fantastic!

time2lose 10-14-2009 08:45 AM

That is wonderful and I am so happy for you. Your hard work is really paying off. Let us know other changes as you find them. This is fun!

lambchop 10-14-2009 09:19 AM

What a wonderful feeling. Seeing change in ourselves is so inspiring! Congratulations to you for sticking at it, even when you were not seeing the changes you wanted...

findingfawn 10-14-2009 09:19 AM

How awesome! Congrats.