Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #1  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default How do I get reenforcement when the scale isn't budging?

Third week this morning the scale says 217 lbs.

Given I had a piece of homemade pie last night (400 calories, eek!) with a modest dollop of ice cream--I wouldn't have been surprised if the scale had showed more than a 0.2 gain. It was a deliberate and careful choice--the next slice won't be for another year!

I did measurements last week and pictures the week before that. I feel like a baby needing positive reenforcement again so soon--

but what would you do? what do you do to reassure yourself all is well, that you are not blowing it, that things are fine? --That you are NOT going to give up?
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

That's exactly where I am now...

I actually went to the store to try on pants, thinking I would have dropped to a sixteen... don't know why I thought that, since the 18s were still snug...then left the store feeling semi-bad about myself. DUMB.

I just keep telling myself that I'm in it for the long haul and that I can't expect sizes, scale, measurements to give me constant validation.

That's why the beginning is easy and fun. That's why in the past I never made it past the beginning.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #3  
Starting over

Well, ubergirl, I won't give up if you don't! OK?

You can't let me down--and I won't bail on you either.

I decided to go get on the exercise bike in the basement--even though I never exercise in the morning!

But that will give me a feeling of progress and accomplishment (I hope!).
Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post
Well, ubergirl, I won't give up if you don't! OK?

You can't let me down--and I won't bail on you either.

I decided to go get on the exercise bike in the basement--even though I never exercise in the morning!

But that will give me a feeling of progress and accomplishment (I hope!).
No bailing from me. I promise! Let's us summer 09ers be the next crop of hundred pound losers! If they can do it, why not us?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm right with you! And I want to join the Summer '09 Hundred Pound Losers Club

I know why the scale isn't down this morning.. I had a horrible weekend food wise, didn't drink my water, and didn't exercise at all.... no big deal, moving along.

As far as seeing a difference... hmmmm did you do measurements this week? How about looking for some older pics of you to see just where you came from and how far you have gotten already? I know while on the way home Saturday night, I was looking through some pics on the camera.. there were some on there from right about the time hubby and I started this journey, I can't believe how huge I was... and I still see myself as huge, but I could see how big of a difference 30 pounds has made!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingfawn View Post
I'm right with you! And I want to join the Summer '09 Hundred Pound Losers Club
Come on in! The more the merrier!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #7  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I generally make myself drink lots of water and then get on with my day. I figure the scale will go down eventually, so try (!) not to think about it so much.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post

but what would you do? what do you do to reassure yourself all is well, that you are not blowing it, that things are fine? --That you are NOT going to give up?
The biggest reassurance is - to just do it. All will be WELL, if you MAKE it well. Don't LET it blow up. Do NOT to give up. MAKE SURE that things are fine - and then they will be.

Good behavior begets more good behavior. It snowballs. Get back to plan. Pronto. Get back in that groove. And then you'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief. It's happened to me many times. I'll go off plan and get all panicky. I'm uptight, out of sorts and uncomfortable. It takes time to realize that staying on plan IS the biggest comfort of all and is indeed no burden. You'll get there. Rest - assured.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Just keep it up- and those little bites do add up- I'd eat well then do bad on weekends and be frustrated I was still the same!

Also tweaking things can help- I started lowering carbs and following more of a south beach approach and the pounds seem to be melting off!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

I think coming on here instead of giving up is a great start.Just think before you started this journey would you have come here for advice or just given up?Just continue as you are and you will probably see a jump in the weightloss.Sometimes it doesn't show on the scale right a way.I agree that we can do it.Everyday we get to see people on here who have made it.So next year you will see all of us posting about our 100 pound weight loss.I'm in on the future 100 pound club.Good luck to all.I'll be looking for your 100 pound loss post!!
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #11  
Starting over

Quote:
It takes time to realize that staying on plan IS the biggest comfort of all and is indeed no burden.
It really is the biggest comfort: and I seem to be extremely thick headed learning this. This is week#21. Almost 5 months at this!

Little bits of things add up. I know, though I want to forget it, that every time the kids left the mini marshmallows out on the counter, I'd take a few out of the bag before I put them away--more than once some days.

Dumb.

I like the fact that we're the Summer 09 club: though I'd rather we called ourselves the graduating class of Summer '10.

Whatever!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

I'm right there with you! The scale didn't move last week at all. I woke up this morning feeling quite the failure. I'm exercising 6 days a week, eating better, staying in calorie range, but the weight is just there.

I reminded myself that I didn't put in on overnight, so it won't go away over night either.

Can I be in the summer '09 100 lb loser group with you too?
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I'm in on the future 100 pound club.Good luck to all.I'll be looking for your 100 pound loss post!!
YAY!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

It's the law of averages: you do what you know you have to do the vast majority of the time and things like a piece of pie a la mode won't make a difference. Just keep plugging along and the scale has to give in some time!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #15  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Oh man see I don't even buy that stuff anymore- temptation isn't around and no one else needs to eat that stuff either. If a stranger came over they'd be amazed at the lack of junk food.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote