Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #31  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I guess I'm fortunate in the respect that I've always had my sister as my barometer. We have the same body type, so I've always figured that if I lost the weight, I'd look like her, shapewise. Now that we're only a size apart, that's definitely turned out to be true.

People have always said we looked alike, but I never saw it until recently. Now I can see clearly that we have a lot of the same features, though (especially our eyes). Here's a picture of us that was taken Sunday. (I'm the one with the dark hair.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #32  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
For me though, looking at my face is just depressing. My husband thinks I'm crazy when I tell him I'm ugly. I think he is blind.

Nothing I can do though, I am me.
I think we are our own worst critics. Seriously - we see every flaw and blemish with a critical eye. Others see the whole package and don't pick apart the pieces.

One of my friends bought me a Mary Kay "renewal" product for my birthday last year. Now SHE sees the same things I do. It was downright depressing - but I gotta love her - it did help

I have noticed that, as time goes on, SOME body parts are looking better - maybe my face will too

In any case - my smile is so big these days - it blinds everyone to the wrinkles surrounding it

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-12-2009 at 10:06 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

I too wonder what I will look like at the end of this phase of my life. The last time I weighed what I am now was around 21 yrs ago when I got married.

Funny story on myself. DD#1 takes lots of pictures and she was showing me ones she took when we were at the local Dairy Queen. I'm looking at a picture and wondering why she took one of a stranger. The next picture was of dh standing next to the stranger. Then it dawned on me....DUH! That stranger was actually me. I didn't even recognize myself.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #34  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

MrsClaus - now THAT is a wonderful NSV

Sometimes pictures pierce our image of ourselves in a way that nothing else can. Wow - just WOW!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #35  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I have never been In a size smaller than a 13/14 Until now. and that when I was in the 6th grade.
I am near your height I am 5 ft 5 in. I started out at 259.9
And I am now at 175.4~Clic below on my signature to see my before and after pics~I honestly think I look Like a new me already~I still have several more pounds to lose But I am already amazed at the difference....Belive me~You change with every pound....TAKE LOST OF PICS!!! You will notice the changes every week.

Congradulations on 31 pounds loss.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #36  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I wonder... I already don't look ANYTHING like what I did 155 lbs ago... NOTHING. I can't even recognize the old me in pictures any more. AND I still have 70 lbs to go! What the heck am I going to look like then???? I have no idea. lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #37  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Lori, you DO look like a completely different person! Amazing. Congratulations!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #38  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

I too wondered what I would look like. I haven't been this weight since I was in my early 20s--26 years ago. I pretty much look like my younger version, with some added wrinkles (not too bad--I'm blessed with good genes) and a slight gobbler under my chin. But it's no worse than a good friend of mine that has always been thin. My stomach is not beautiful, but I do have beautiful children.

2 things have happened recently:

1. I applied for a passport and had to produce my drivers license. Now I think that I look good in my drivers license pic despite being 60+ lbs heavier (it's an awesome pic). The lady who took my passport pic could not get over it. She said I looked so great, congratulations, etc. I, like others, feel like I look rather deflated, but that's ok. I am 46 and no spring chicken any longer.

2. This one really grates on me. I get this comment at least 2x a week. People, both friends, family and complete strangers will say to me: "You know who you look like? You look just like that Kate Gosselin!" Ugh! I don't find her very appealing as a person, although I do think she is attractive. We do have somewhat similar hair, although mine does NOT stick up in the crown like hers, nor is it as blonde. When I see younger photos of her, we do look alike. I even briefly toyed with the idea of becoming an impersonator!? So, Kate Gosselin, check me out! Here's your future!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I still wonder what I'll look like -- and I'm close to goal! I don't think my mental image has caught up with what I see in the mirror. As a result, when I look in the mirror, I have a hard time seeing the whole picture. It's like I look in the mirror and know I must be smaller because I can see my jaw line, collar bones, etc. and I'm fitting in smaller clothing, but at the same time I don't see myself any differently. That probably doesn't make much sense, lol.

I think I need to change the pictures in my room because all the ones I have up are of me at my biggest. Maybe if I surrounded myself with more pictures of myself now I'd be able to equate that image with the image I see in the mirror.

I was heavy my whole life, so whenever I try and get a mental picture of my body, I picture myself heavy rather than thin. I'm wondering when that'll change...
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

I always wonder how I'll look at my goal weight! I have pix of me at that weight but I was around 10 so I'm pretty sure I'll look diffrent at 26 lol
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #41  
Gonna be a marathoner!

S/C/G: 268/258.6/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
I have never been In a size smaller than a 13/14 Until now. and that when I was in the 6th grade.
I am near your height I am 5 ft 5 in. I started out at 259.9
And I am now at 175.4~Clic below on my signature to see my before and after pics~I honestly think I look Like a new me already~I still have several more pounds to lose But I am already amazed at the difference....Belive me~You change with every pound....TAKE LOST OF PICS!!! You will notice the changes every week.

Congradulations on 31 pounds loss.

Oh thanks Im stuck at the 31 or so for the moment, but it will go at some point.

It;s a good indicator since you are close and you look great Good job.
Tibouchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #42  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I think about it all the time and actually that is one of my biggest motivators. I havent been in onderland since 1999 and I cant wait to see those numbers on the scale.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #43  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am soooo curious. I have never been little or normal weight, not since I was maybe 2 or 3. I don't even have any recollection of when I weighed my goal weight. Right now I am at a weight that I clearly remember and other than a few fine lines added I look like what I remember - the lines were there before the weight loss though. In just a few pounds I will be getting into territory that is not quite so clear. I clearly remember being 190 and I was there for years, from somewhere in middle school/early high school until a bit after college. Below 190 I have no clue about unless I look at pictures and those are of a me that is too young to use as a gauge for now. Today I am 196.8, so it is about to get very interesting around here. I am curious about my face, will I know me? Will my husband like what I look like? What the heck size bra will I wear? I was a C cup at 10 years old and a DD before leaving high school, my highest ever was a 38-probably could have used a 40-FF, right now I am a size that doesn't exist - about a 37 D+. Since starting I have gone from having to get my sports bra in a 40 with an extra large cup area to a normal 36 that is starting to be too loose. Where do tiny girls find sports bras? Will my feet shrink so much that I need to replace my shoes? I love my shoes and it is frequently hard to find them since I am a 6-6 1/2 wide
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #44  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Tibouchina

yep 31 pounds will soon be 41 then 51 and so on & so On!!!!
So keep up the good work & NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER
GIVE UP!!!!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:58 AM   #45  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I think about this every day! I've been obese most of my life, the last time I was at my goal weight (150), I was 9 years old. Sooooo, I don't know how I'll look now that I'm 23. I do know that I have an hourglass figure. My mama has one, so did her mother, her sister, my little sister, and my cousin. I hope I don't lose my boobs or my booty. As for my face....all I know for sure is that it will become more heartshaped and not just round. The rest is up in the air.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote