Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Recommitting to a better me

so yeah, I went AWOL for a month. Today I am offically recommitting myself. I tried to have a "single" good day, then I'd find a reason why that day wasn't a "good day to restart" and I kept doing it over and over...so I did what a lot of you suggested...I picked a day and am starting. I picked today because in one month it'll be my anniversary and in one month and a day it'll be my birthday. Today is a good day to start.
Some changes I'm making to my program...I'm backing off the forced activity. I think part of my problem last time were my workouts were pretty brutal for me. I loved how they made me feel afterwards but I hated the dreaded feeling in the morning of trying to get them done. When I started slipping it was the activity that went first. Then I got to the point were I thought, well, I'm not working out, what's the point of eatting right? And I'm pretty sure I quit working out because I started dreading it.
So this time round, I'm going harsher on the eatting right and easier on the activity level (walking, lots of walking to start back into it with).
Just needed to post...make it "offical" and all
TY for the support and advice.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good job for picking a day and there is no better day than today! You will get there... and I agree... pick activities that you will be more likely to enjoy for exercise and forget the rest (for now at least... who knows, someday you may decide you would like to do "Turbo Jam")
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraLee View Post
so yeah, I went AWOL for a month. Today I am offically recommitting myself. I tried to have a "single" good day, then I'd find a reason why that day wasn't a "good day to restart" and I kept doing it over and over...so I did what a lot of you suggested...I picked a day and am starting. I picked today because in one month it'll be my anniversary and in one month and a day it'll be my birthday. Today is a good day to start.
Some changes I'm making to my program...I'm backing off the forced activity. I think part of my problem last time were my workouts were pretty brutal for me. I loved how they made me feel afterwards but I hated the dreaded feeling in the morning of trying to get them done. When I started slipping it was the activity that went first. Then I got to the point were I thought, well, I'm not working out, what's the point of eatting right? And I'm pretty sure I quit working out because I started dreading it.
So this time round, I'm going harsher on the eatting right and easier on the activity level (walking, lots of walking to start back into it with).
Just needed to post...make it "offical" and all
TY for the support and advice.
Glad you're back, Tara Lee.

I think you are probably right about the exercise... I get that because I can't seem to go easy on exercise either-- maybe because I was a kid athlete and I'm just wired up to keep pushing harder and harder until I don't enjoy it anymore....

Maybe to start, pick what you think you should be doing and cut it by half.... then see how it goes...

ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back and congrats on the recommitment. You have learned something about yourself that will help you succeed. Way to go!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #5  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Good to see you back and your recommittment is inspiring!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Glad that you are back and have reformulated your mode of attack. I look forward to hearing of your progress!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yay for you!! I am happy for you and glad to have you back
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

It's so nice you came back, and caught things when you did.

I completely understand about the exercise thing. I have never liked exercising. I like watching tv, I usually chose it over exercising. When I started this time, I started out getting up at 4:45am to do a cardio tape, and tried to get into running, and strength training. The longer I went, the more I hated it, many days skipping it all together. One day I realized that I have an hour lunch at work, and was perfectly capable of using that hour to do something more productive. I decided I could walk on my lunch, at first just around the block. If I walked on my lunch breaks, regardless of how far or how fast, I didn't have to do anything else that night. If I wanted to go home, make dinner and watch tv the rest of the night, I could because I got my walking in earlier. It worked, I never missed a lunch time walk and slowly started going further and faster. Once I started loosing weight, and getting my health back under control, I started having more energy all day long and wanted to do more in the evenings, so I started adding other stuff in the evenings. I now run 3 miles every other day, walk 3 miles (at 4mph) on my lunch break everyday, walking my dog at least 2 miles a night and light strength training every other day. I also started finding activities that involve movement. Yesterday I did a 4.5 hour hike burning around 2000 for the day. Lots of steps, rockey terrain, inclines, declines, and some of the most gorgeous scenery. It was so beautiful out, it didn't even seem like exercise.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome back to your new reality and to your renewal of your vows to yourself! You CAN do this and you WILL!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #10  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

It's a process getting to know ourselves. At least you can cross the first regime off your list for the time being
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote