Will some one just smack me, please?

• So I totally blew it this weekend. It was our 6th anniversary, and we decided to enjoy it... but we didn't plan ahead and ended up "celebrating" like we used to... with lots of food

Friday night we went to see Toy Story and Toy Story 2, not only did hubby and I share a large popcorn, I ate a whole box of M&Ms... oh and before we left I had eaten 2 slices of pizza.

Saturday started great, our lunch/dinner was planned out.. we were going on a long ride with the kids to see the beautiful leaves. We rode about 2 1/2 hours from here to see the PA Grand Canyon... it was beautiful and we enjoyed healthy snacks on the way there.. wheat crackers portioned out and grapes. Once there we enjoyed the food I had prepared.. I had grilled some chicken breasts took along some whole wheat buns and all the healthy toppings for sandwhiches, and portioned out whole wheat macaroni salad made with light mayo. After enjoying the view from one side of the gorge, we drove to the other side and enjoyed our dessert.. a small cake (it was a special occasion and I felt that we all deserved a treat for it, we have made it through a lot). We should have stopped there, but instead hubby and I ate steaks from the grill with baked sweet taters and corn on the cob when we got home... the steaks even though they were super lean, were 1 pound each.. and I couldn't stop (it's been months since I had beef!)

Yesterday I did well until dinner... we had homemade chicken fajitas on whole wheat tortillas.. they were sooooo good, but I ate 2 when I should have stopped at 1. I suffered all night wishing I didn't dislike puking so much, because I was sure that my stomach would benifit from a finger down the throat. I went to bed in total agony

Today, I'm 100% back on plan and committed... I told hubby we can NEVER do that again and he definately agrees! Anyway... I felt I needed to own up to my horrible weekend and here was the best place to do it since telling hubby is just like writing it in my diary... he won't scold me or hold me accountable for my flub ups.
  • Well, I will not scold...just not the scolding kind, especially because you already recognize the problem and seemed to be recommitted to making sure it doesn't happen again. It sounds like the parts of your weekend that you planned your meals went really well, next time around you will know that planning is the key.

It does sound like you had a great anniversary weekend, aside from the food mishaps. Congratulations on six years! Now it's time to look forward.
  • Well, you can't take back the weekend but you can plan ahead for next time. Going without a solid plan into a 'splurge' can be disastrous to your weight loss efforts but really, it was one weekend. Now that you know the pitfalls that you fell into, go forward and don't forget to plan
  • Quote: I went to bed in total agony
    Sounds like you've learned your lesson! Those are the times I try to remember, so that I can learn from it. Congrats on your anniversary.
  • FindingFawn I know what you mean I had a day day Yesturday. We went to my Husbands Aunts and were only gonna be their for a little bit and ended up their all day. Needless to say I didnt have any thing with me so They went and got Mcdonalds and I had a grilled Chicken sandwich and then it seemed liked all day I wanted something to eat . When we got home I ate Yogurt , Cottage cheese, Special K crackers. It was everything I have on plan but I jest couldnt stop then I had to put my foot down and make myself stop.
    I dont kow if it was the mickey D's or the fact that Aunt Flo is here but I didnt wanted to be trapped in so I made myself walk out of the kitchen and would go back in their for nothing. So for now on I dont care if the hubby say 30 minutes I will take me something to eat no matter what.
    But I am back on plan today and am doing good. I wont be doing that again either.
  • well it sounds like you punnished your self enough so just get up dust yourself off and get back on one weekend will not ruin everything. I actually allow myself to have my favorite foods once a month no holes barred I'm talking coconut shrimp as an appetizer then a salad with real blue cheese then a petite prime rib with a loaded baked potato and a george killians to wash it down. for me dening myself of the things I love sets me up for failure so I allow myself to have what ever I want for dinner once a month I feel moderation it key and it works for me....
  • Seems like you did learn a lesson and I am so proud of you for not letting this keep you down. You rock
  • No scolds from me.... I think experiencing failure is part of the process. No matter, as long as you get right back on track.
  • No smacking or scolding from me either. When we stumble and then learn what doesn't work and how to counter act future scenarios then we have done well. Like the rest of us, you've taken something that could have derailed you in the past and moved on. You learned something valuable and it's awesome that your hubby is in agreement--that does make things so much easier.

My hubby and I split meals all the time, maybe that would work for you and your hubby? We also talk about what our plan is before we even go into the restaurant or theatre. This really works. We know we're getting a small popcorn. That's it. He will get a small soda and I will drink water. We didn't even finish the small popcorn the last time we went out. You get a taste of something special but because you're sharing you can't overeat. It's a win-win.

Plan to succeed and you will!
  • No scolding here. You did it. You didn't like it. Move on right?