Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 03:42 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

BA - Hey girlie!!

Ditto on what everyone siad about the weight!! You know your doing awesome.

Would puppy just die if you started caging him. I know LOTS of people who cage their animals when they are not home. He might be too old for it, but it might be worth looking into.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:48 PM   #17  
Losin It For GOOD!

Wow guys, can I just say how much you ROCK? Thanks so much for the encouragement and advice.

Unfortunately today was a day of huge ups and downs. My sister finally returned after being away for 5 whole months.. I finally got to squeeze her again which was wonderful.
The huge downer was that she didn't notice i'd lost weight at all. I had to tell her. That was a pretty crushing dissappointment. I'd built up so much excitement around her coming home and losing the weight before she came home, and first I missed my goal, and then she didn't notice.

I really need to start working on how I motivate myself, and where I draw my strength from. I'm really looking hard to other people for it, and because they are human, they are failing me... but I'm taking it really hard. I am not sure if you all know my story, but the real kick in the arse that made me start trying was my dh telling me he wasn't as attracted to me anymore because of the weight I've gained. Well I've lost virtually all of what I put on after we got married and things haven't really changed... he's still not very complimentary, and i have no idea how attracted to me he is now, because he doesn't do much to show it. So I'm pretty discouraged. But hopefully I will climb out of this slump, find new goals, and move on.

I love you all very much! thanks for your advice.

As far as Oreo goes, we've pretty much decided to pack her off with mom and dad and try to adopt another dog. I'm still waiting to hear back from our landlord about us getting another dog. It's been a long 24 hours and I still haven't heard. My mom finally admitted how much she missed Oreo. Oreo never had done anything else like this in her life, and I'm not sure why she's doing it now, except there is no good "cave"-type place for her to hide in our apartment. I am not sure how she will do moving to another new home, but I do know that my parents have the time, patience AND money to deal with any problems that may arise. We're still waiting to hear back from the vet about what to do in the meantime.. it would be hard for mom and dad to take her "back" right now because of showing their house, etc.

Life is just in chaos right now. I hope it gets normal again soon!!
Old 07-25-2002, 10:25 AM   #18  

I think we all put alot of expectations on other people. We all draw strength and motivation from the people around us. And when were not feeling it, it feels as if were terribly alone, and the whole world is falling apart. And why should we keep going?

Well, because were all worth it. That's why.

Old 07-25-2002, 01:08 PM   #19  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

BA - I don't mean to be a downer here because it is obvious how much you love dogs but do you guys really have time to look after a dog? It sounds like you guys are both busy people. I know I would love to have a dog too but I work 12 hour shifts and it sure isn't fair to a dog to make it hang around the house for that length of time. what about a cat?
Old 07-25-2002, 05:02 PM   #20  
hot mom wanna be!

hey beth anne!
First of all, I am glad the doggy thing worked out well for you. I had no idea how to give advice on that! As far as your sister goes...well that I can relate to. When I first started to lose weight I needed to lose 153 to get to a high ideal weight of 160. Can you imagine? So I had to lose about 40 before anyone even noticed at all. I was down almost two sizes from a tight 26 jeans to almost getting into a 22 before anyone said ANYTHING!! how frustating is that? Now that it is 50 I get more compliments but I guess since I have done it so slow it's not as dramatic as losing 50 in 5 months or something. Keep your chin up, you know this weight loss is the best thing for your body and mind even if others dont see it yet, your body sure is happy about it!
I am sorry to hear about your husband. Some may say he was being honest, but I think he was cruel. I would have a hard time feeling loving towards him, so I think you are one tough cookie!
take care!!
lorelei
Old 07-26-2002, 09:25 AM   #21  

Beth Anne: I know that you're a Dr. Phil fan, so you must've seen the Oprah/Dr. Phil show the other day about the very subject of husband's treating their wives differently after they lose weight. Quite interesting.

Anywhoo, I think you're doing fab-oh.

annie
Closed Thread