Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 02:19 PM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Dr. Phil Challenge Week 4

Ask yourself these "hard questions": Am I lazy? Am I simply not requiring enough of myself? Do I have no goals? Am I just going through the motions day after day? Am I continually making promises to myself that I never, ever keep?

Write your own "hard questions" to describe the way you've been lying to yourself about losing weight.

Get your excuses out there--and never use them again.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:22 PM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

I think I've been hiding behind excuses a lot:

I don't have enough time to do this
I can't exercise when hubby is home because it takes up the tv time
I am too busy with other things
I can't exercise when I'm stressed (duh! that's a STUPID one.)
This is too hard
Just one more _____... and then I'll never eat them again
I can eat ____ tonight to celebrate ____ (which i think is allowed in moderation!)
Old 07-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

For the longest time my excuse was that even though I was overweight I really didn't look it, I still looked relatively fit. That all went down the toilet when I went over the 200 mark and had the baby. Still I think I have that in the back of my head somewhere, I don't look like I am all that fat. Then I see a picture of myself and it is so hard to believe that I really look like that. I had some pics taken at the swim classes, oy me in a bathing suit. Drake looks great at least. If it kills me I am going to lose this weight so I can set a good example for my kid.

A lot of it is laziness too. It is so much easier to order fast food or buy a lot of prepared stuff than make it yourself. come Sept when I go back to work and Drake is in daycare I know it is going to be even worse.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:24 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

My biggest hurdle? For some reason, I am afraid to start exercising again. I don't know why. It's not laziness. I think it's the fear that I will do what I always do - start exercising, get pretty fit, then life will get in the way for a few weeks and I will just never go back to it and I will be back to my unfit self. It pisses me off that once upon a time I ran 2 miles a day. I'm mad at myself for letting myself get this out of shape.

I guess the idea of this exercise is to get me thinking about what's wrong in my mind, but it's actually doing nothing but pissing me off. I can't afford to fall back into the trap of "I don't know why the **** I bother" again, but that's where this is quickly leading me. Time to step away from Dr. Phil for a while...
Old 07-24-2002, 11:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

My biggest excuse, and I hate to say it is my kids

I can't excerise when the kids are around, they always get in the way.

The kids just wear me out, after cooking dinner, giving baths, getting them ready for bed, and picking up once they are in bed.

I have to eat what my kids eat.

I have to cook for them every day.

Other excuses:

I'm just too tired
I can always start tomorrow....
I have a lot of errands to run.

I'm sure there are more, but can't think of them right now.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:29 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Am I lazy? Am I simply not requiring enough of myself? Do I have no goals? Am I just going through the motions day after day? Am I continually making promises to myself that I never, ever keep?

Am I lazy - yes.. if I can avoid it I won't do it!

Am I simply not requiring enough of myself?
I used to not require much of myself.. but this is an area that I am changing.

I have goals.. weight ones. Everything else seems on hold right now until we are done with the INS - ie. buying a house, getting a job.. etc.

Am I just going through the motions day after day?
Yes, big time... it seems I'm always waiting for "something" better to come.. I'm never enjoying the moment I'm in.

Am I continually making promises to myself that I never, ever keep?
I'm at the point where I stop making promises to myself - basicly because I know I probably won't keep them. I need to start putting my needs first. DH and DD needs have been. I'm sure the two of them can survive without me for moments of time.
If I make a promise to someone else - it's not a problem. But to myself - I need to work on that.

Dana
Old 07-25-2002, 09:57 AM   #7  

Am I lazy? Am I simply not requiring enough of myself? Do I have no goals? Am I just going through the motions day after day? Am I continually making promises to myself that I never, ever keep?

Am I lazy? - Sometimes

Am I simply not requiring enough of myself? - I hold myself to a different standard. Which I rarely live up to, so then I'm telling myself I've failed.

Am I just going through the motions day after day? A lot of times yes, everyday it's a challenge to get out of bed, and then go to work. Most of the time the day is over and I've not enjoyed it at all.

Am I continually making promises to myself that I never keep? Sure, I follow through on promises to others, but I think I don't value myself enough to feel it's important to follow through for myself.

T.
Closed Thread