3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I will not give in! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/183541-i-will-not-give.html)

girlonfire 10-06-2009 01:15 PM

I will not give in!

I feel like binging right now. I have the pre-binge feelings: I am lonely, homesick, bored, living in close proximity to a supermarket full of chips and chocolate. But I WILL. NOT. GIVE. IN. I refuse to ruin my hard work by eating. I am emotionally weak right now and that is primetime to binge. But I have to remember in the past, when has binging ever produced good results? NEVER. And I know part of it is because I am disappointed that I'm not losing weight fast enough; even though 15 lbs is nothing to sneeze at, I would prefer to see it say 20 or 25 lbs lost. And how twisted is it to want to eat because it isn't coming off fast enough?

Any words of encouragement, willpower dust would be AWESOME. It's always easier to get through the binge feelings with others ;)

CLCSC145 10-06-2009 01:30 PM

As uncomfortable as those times are when you want to binge and don't want to give in, just remember when you stay strong and the urge passes you will feel so proud of yourself for not doing it!

It's great that you can see why you want to binge. Lonely, homesick, and bored are all very common and understandable triggers. Do you have a friend from class you can call to go so something? Or go for a walk? I sometimes will go to the movies to get my mind off of it (somehow, the concession stand doesn't call to me).

I know you can do it!

cfmama 10-06-2009 01:31 PM

I've never had a binging disorder but I would imagine that the feeling surrounding it are more complex than I think.

You KNOW that if you binge you are erasing the good habits you've made and the progress that you have made so far. DON'T DO IT.

you can overcome this!!!

Lori Bell 10-06-2009 01:53 PM

I'm glad you are resisting at the moment. Why are the feeling of disgust and self destruction so much better than loneliness, and boredom? Why do some of LIKE to make a bad situation worse? The urge to binge is very hard to overcome. Just remember that when you binge you are only trying to push down those emotions you don't want to feel, and trading them in for worse ones that you also don't really want to feel. My advice would be to let yourself feel. Feel sad, lonely, homesick. It's okay to hurt. Maybe a good cry is all you need. I hope you really don't want to put yourself through that today.

girlonfire 10-06-2009 03:37 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies! I DID NOT binge. I ate my healthy dinner(tomato & mozzerella salad, endive hearts with a little ham, and some baked pears). I wrote in my journal instead, listened to some good music, and now I can't even imagine eating more. The supermarket is closed, so even if I want to later, I am physically unable to.

Take that, stupid nonexistent binge!

Alana in Canada 10-06-2009 03:37 PM

You're doing the right thing, expressing those feelings and coming here! I also have never "binged"--but I know all about eating because of the way I feel--

Can you write out your feelings some more? It's a great way to keep your hands busy, lol! or--put on some music and dance---

Can the chicks at Chicks in Control forum help you out better?

matt_H 10-06-2009 03:41 PM

I read the update that you didn't binge...thats great!

nelie 10-06-2009 03:49 PM

Get out! Do something!

I had the same feeling last night but I ended up doing something else instead.

2behealthy 10-06-2009 05:36 PM

Good for you! I have been struggling today also, but for different reasons. I am going to join my friend for a walk- at least that hour while I talk to her and walk I won't be able to eat and I might burn off some of what I did eat today.

Good for you for facing it and just enjoying your good healthy dinner!! You are doing great and don't discount those 15 pounds- some folks just talk and never even get that far. It is a great beginning and you are going to do great all through your journey!

S.A.S.H 10-06-2009 06:53 PM

:hug: Hang in there and get away from the food! Go outside, walk, move, people watch, take a book to the park. Something so that you are out and about and have your mind occupied. I know this feeling all too well. For me, I have to get moving and get my mind occupied. Often a change of scenery never hurts either. Call a friend! They say a craving only lasts about 15 mins and that if you can busy yourself during that time, it will fade.

momto3kittiess 10-06-2009 07:04 PM

Good for you!!! You can do it (and you did!).

starfishkitty 10-06-2009 08:58 PM

I know how you feel... I've lost 50... yet I still feel like crap that I haven't lost more!!! *headdesk*

Why do we do this to ourselves??? *sigh*

I'm really, really glad that you didn't binge chickie..... rock on and stay strong! You did the absolutely right thing! :)