Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #16  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
Mug, I remember you struggled with this early on before you found your groove and lost 100 pounds. Do you remember what you did before to stop this pattern?

You are strong enough to stop as you've shown before. I know you can do it again!
Yes I remember in the beginning it took me months to stop the weekend binging. Im not sure what it was that allowed me to succeed. Ive tried to remember. Heres my plan:

1.Keep reading inspiring support responses to this thread.
2.Plan out my weekend meals (which I do not do during the week) and stick to it like glue.
3.Allow myself extra calories on Sat & Sun, making my really low calorie days Mon-Fri.
4.Stay the heck out of the kitchen after supper, no matter what. Im not going back in there for nothing! Nothing!
5. Make sure I COOK a hearty meal, no more snacking and making it my meal for the night. I think that gets me into trouble by not making my stomache "full".
6. Making sure I eat 3 MEALS, not 2 meals and snack, snack, snack.
7. Make sure I enforce these things when the weekend actually arrives and dont ignore them just because the initial guilt of my binging has wore off by then.

MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I have to have a snack at night and on the weekends too. If I don't plan for it I feel deprived. I make sure I eat a good dinner with lots of veggies to bulk it up and then I plan a snack that will fit into my calories for the day. Last night I made the weight watchers caramel apple salad, it was crunchy and sweet which is what I need in a snack. I satisfy the need to snack but fit it into my calories for the day. Sometimes I can have a low calorie ice cream like a skinny cow and that will be enough. Other times I need volume, so it's good to find things you like that give you that. Hang in there mug, you are doing great!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Whatever you are doing, whatever routine you have - it's not working. You need to change your routine for the weekends. Make your plan on Thurday, have everything ready, treat Sat-Sun like any other day. They aren't special days, they are just days.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #19  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Whatever you are doing, whatever routine you have - it's not working. You need to change your routine for the weekends. Make your plan on Thurday, have everything ready, treat Sat-Sun like any other day. They aren't special days, they are just days.
I know, I need to grasp this concept, really I do.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #20  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

I'm sure it's a combination of things.
Weekends are hard, because we look at them as downtime, fun time, relax, etc.
Like some others said, maybe you're freaking out over losing your shield and baring all, so to speak.

Anyway, I have a friend, that when she gets in those "I wanna eat the house" moods at night, she goes to bed. Doesn't matter what time it is, what's going on, she puts on her jammies and goes to bed.

She said something about the whole ritual of going to bed, shuts down the day for her. Plus she said she came to realize, a lot of the time she wasn't hungry, she really was tired and bed was what she really needed.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #21  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I don't have any further advice, Mug, but I think your plan is a great start! Print it out and put it on the fridge to remind you.

You CAN do it!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Everything I wanted to say has already been said. I still wanted to give a
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Mug I would plan out every single second of my weekend. Every single second. I'd write it out. And I don't mean only food. I'd have activities planned. Sweeping the floor, laundry, shower, breakfast, jigsaw puzzle, snack, shopping, ironing, lunch, scrub toilets, read the newspaper, do your nails, take a walk, snack, computer,clean out underwear drawer, meditation, dinner, make phone calls, listen to radio and dance, watch a movie, snack, straighten kitchen, hot cup of tea, go to sleep.

Whatever the activities are doesn't matter. WRITE IT OUT. The times and what you'll be doing. HAve every minute accounted for. Each and every one.

Mug you CAN do this. You CAN. I know you are capable of this. I am CERTAIN of it. 1000% so.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #24  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Man, every time I think of a good response ol' Robin beats me to it. What Robin said. Saturday and Sunday are just days, like Monday, Thursday, etc. Nuthin special. They have no power over you. YOU have power over you. Just you. No one else.

Big hugs.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #25  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
Yes I remember in the beginning it took me months to stop the weekend binging. Im not sure what it was that allowed me to succeed. Ive tried to remember. Heres my plan:

1.Keep reading inspiring support responses to this thread.
2.Plan out my weekend meals (which I do not do during the week) and stick to it like glue.
3.Allow myself extra calories on Sat & Sun, making my really low calorie days Mon-Fri.
4.Stay the heck out of the kitchen after supper, no matter what. Im not going back in there for nothing! Nothing!
5. Make sure I COOK a hearty meal, no more snacking and making it my meal for the night. I think that gets me into trouble by not making my stomache "full".
6. Making sure I eat 3 MEALS, not 2 meals and snack, snack, snack.
7. Make sure I enforce these things when the weekend actually arrives and dont ignore them just because the initial guilt of my binging has wore off by then.

This is great Mug. I know you can do this. You have done so so well! Hang in there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #26  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

There's a lot of great advice in here so I don't really have anything to add but I just wanted to offer you a and say thank you for posting this. I have eating control issues at night and a lot of the advice included in here will help me, too.

And congratulations on losing 100 lbs! That is a feat to be proud of. Now keep going. You can do it!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #27  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted you to know I am cheering for you! You can beat this. We all have to face struggles in losing weight and you can win this one. We are all here for you!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Mug,

I have a horrible history of bingeing too... so I know how you feel!!

If you haven't already read the book THE END OF OVEREATING by David Kessler MD, you might want to check it out. It was the first thing I ever read about that out-of-control eating feeling that REALLY spoke to me.

YOU WILL CONQUER THIS!!! I admire you for having lost 100 pounds and I know you have the ability to lose as much more as you dream of.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #29  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

This may or may not matter, but here goes.

This is going to end up being long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Mother has been overweight/morbidly obese all of her life. She's lost, gained, lost, gained, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.

But I've noticed a pattern, she will be dedicated like no other until she gets around 200#'s, then she freaks out and gains it all back.

The last time this happened, she got all freaked about the fact that she could see her collar bone, and her hands looked bony, and her neck was wrinkled, and OMG!, she could actually feel her hip bones. *rolls eyes*

Her health is horrible, she's non insulin dependant diabetic, has 3 stints in her heart, bad knees, high blood pressure, vision is going to pot from the diabetes and on and on. Dad died in tragic farm accident in 1977 and even though Mom has a college education, and had plenty of life insurance money, and she was at her lowest weight ever when Dad died, it's like she's hoarding the weight as some kind of shield from having to cowgirl up.

How my sisters and I ever ended up being as independent, self sufficient, and all, I will never know.

We can drive tractors, pull baby calves, change radiators, oil, tires, swath hay, bale, cook, trim horses hooves, kick a** at barrel racing, change the starter in the truck, fix plumbing, fix the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, and the list goes on. Mostly we learned it because we had to. But we can still sing, sew, cook, and dress up and go out and be a "girl" with the best of them.

Just my opinion, but from looking at Mom and her issues, I think it's mostly fear of having to finally come out from behind the weight.

Yeah, it's scary, but, think of all the things you can do and be, instead of all of the "can'ts"!

Have you ever mud wrestled? I have! Yeah a strange confession, but it was a hoot. Did it a long time ago, when I was younger and dumber, the local bar put it on. But it was fun.

Have you ever wrestled a reluctant hog that needed it's feet trimmed? Have you ever wrestled a baby colt and given it diahrea meds while it's 1000 pound mom was having a fit? Have you ever been out raking hay with a 5 wheel side delivery rake and lost the last 3 rake wheels? I have, hilarious. Have you ever been to a tractor pull as a participant and not a spectator, I have, have you ever driven in the powder puff demolition derby? What fun. Sore as **** the next day, but well worth it.

There are so many things waiting out there for you, you just need to make up your mind that you need to show up! It's a hoot!

Now all of you know that I am officially "NUTS" but I love every second!

Last edited by shcirerf; 10-05-2009 at 10:59 PM.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #30  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

wow... some great advice here. I love what shciferf said especially. Life is OUT THERE. And it's waiting for YOU. You are scared... and this behaviour is working for you or else you would be doing it...

I'm thinking of you babe and crossing fingers that you will get over this. *hugs*
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote