Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #16  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

There is definitely a correlation for me. A cluttered messy house makes me feel cluttered and messy, it really stresses me out. I look at all that "stuff" all over the place, helter skelter and that's how I feel. Thousands of little nerves running around like smurfs on drugs or something.

And of course I'm married to the biggest slob in the world, well maybe not,, his Mom is though. It's like if all his stuff isn't out in plain sight, he doesn't have it. Drives me crazy.

When the house is messy, I just want to eat chips and drink beer and forget about it.

I'm going to go blitz the kitchen RIGHT NOW!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #17  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
There is definitely a correlation for me. A cluttered messy house makes me feel cluttered and messy, it really stresses me out. I look at all that "stuff" all over the place, helter skelter and that's how I feel. Thousands of little nerves running around like smurfs on drugs or something.

And of course I'm married to the biggest slob in the world, well maybe not,, his Mom is though. It's like if all his stuff isn't out in plain sight, he doesn't have it. Drives me crazy.
OMG when did you marry my husband???
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #18  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

It's chicken and egg for me too. Not sure which is which. I find the kitchen is key to weight loss. I will reach for something "convenient" (read: a carb in the hand) when I've no counter space to chop anything! I have no dishwasher and one small "L" shaped counter so I can sometimes be found making dinner in about 1 foot square of space (just big enough for the cutting board.)

As for the rest of the house, it doesn't affect my weight loss so much as my sanity....

I would blitz, too, except for the fact that I have to committ to staying on top of things before it makes any lasting difference.

However, the piles are beginning to get to that height where I can see them in my peripheral vision--even when I'm looking straight ahead! It is depressing.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #19  
Jillian stole my abs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
OMG when did you marry my husband???
Ya want him back? Comes with the mess.

Did get my kitchen cleaned up. Yay! Last load of laundry is in the washer. I do need to get the last of the garden tomatoes taken care of. And I have a few yellow summer squash in a bucket.

Any ideas, I sliced and froze some for soups etc. but I've got plenty. How about a good yellow summer squash soup recipe, anyone? Something I could make a bunch of and freeze.

Last edited by shcirerf; 10-04-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #20  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

when I woke up I seen some of the same things. I let my house go down to the dumps and I was neglecting what needed to be done on a daily bases . Now that I am up and going all is back in order. I dont have to be ashamed to have someone stop by my house anymore.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #21  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

I'm glad that people have found my lightbulb helpful.

I spent my weekend cleaning and getting my life back, and today I made and ate a fantastic chicken veggie chili. (shcirerf--It had a summer squash in it...I can tell you about it if you like)

Now that I'm aware of such a big trigger I'm going to pay a lot closer attention to my surroundings.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing :hugs:
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #22  
Starting over

I have a recipe for "Fast Mixed Vegetable Soup" and you could certainly put squash in it.

You could also just roast up a ton of it and portion it into baggies to freeze. Then, when you want some for supper, just dump the frozen bag (still sealed) in boiling water to heat up.

I slacked off, though, again.

I'm glad the rest of you got something done. I did request one of Walsh's book from the library, though. Maybe that will help.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #23  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I like order, I bought a new vacumm cleaner that I use almost every day. The floor stays clean and I'm more prone to keep the rest of the house tidy. I feel better and take care of myself. I don't let the stress at work get to me, coming home to a clean place makes me happy and I forget about work.

Funny how humans need things in their place. I have also been spring cleaning all year, getting rid of *stuff* that makes my house fat.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #24  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I used to be like that TOTALLY. I do find now that I have lost so much weight that I have the ENERGY to keep my house clean!!! So that helps
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #25  
Jillian stole my abs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_laura View Post
I'm glad that people have found my lightbulb helpful.

I spent my weekend cleaning and getting my life back, and today I made and ate a fantastic chicken veggie chili. (shcirerf--It had a summer squash in it...I can tell you about it if you like)

Now that I'm aware of such a big trigger I'm going to pay a lot closer attention to my surroundings.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing :hugs:
Sure, i love chili.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Update:

Sunday I usually take my kids to a school program across town. I stayed home yesterday and CLEANED. I did my fridge, my downstairs floors, and my kitchen very well. I also did some laundry. I lit some candles and decorated for Halloween. I feel so much better today.

Thank you again for posting this. It really helped me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR4life View Post
I like order, I bought a new vacumm cleaner that I use almost every day. The floor stays clean and I'm more prone to keep the rest of the house tidy. I feel better and take care of myself. I don't let the stress at work get to me, coming home to a clean place makes me happy and I forget about work.

Funny how humans need things in their place. I have also been spring cleaning all year, getting rid of *stuff* that makes my house fat.
OMG--LOVE THIS!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
when I woke up I seen some of the same things. I let my house go down to the dumps and I was neglecting what needed to be done on a daily bases . Now that I am up and going all is back in order. I dont have to be ashamed to have someone stop by my house anymore.
Butterfly, isn't that a liberating feeling? Before if my house was messy, I wouldn't open the door because I didn't want anyone to see my house! I also am working to restore balance in my life. Some time for going out, staying home, exercising, relaxing, cleaning, etc.

This school year I am also finding it very liberating having backpacks, lunches, snacks and school clothes all ready the night before. I find that although my mornings are still busy, I don't stress out nearly as much. I also have time to make really incredible breakfasts for my family that I know will nourish their bodies from the inside out.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_laura View Post
I realized that a HUGE trigger factor for me to binge on crappy food and sit on my butt all evening after work is when I let me house get messy. I had never thought about it before, but it's true. When my house is messy, I don't eat right, I don't exercise and a lot of the time I justify spending a lot of money on really fattening take-out, by saying I don't have clean dishes to cook, or I'm too tired to exercise and cook healthy food so I won't do either.

When I keep my bed made, have clean dishes, a clean living room and a spotless kitchen it's like I'm a whole different person. I cook something healthy nearly every night, I exercise when I can, I take to stairs more than 1 level and I sleep better. I'm even a happier more productive person at work.
Very, very true for me! Sometimes I think my health and weight depend more on a little self-discipline with my home than with my food.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #30  
Starting over

Well, I must say I think this thread lit a little fire under my butt today and I did a bunch of vaccumming and cleaning--including ALL the dishes in the kitchen.

Thank you so much!