Gonna change it up and get to goal!!!

• Hey guys! I have been coming to 3FC for years but I do not post often. I am more of a lurker This is my old story and my new!

I started WW in September of 2007 at 345 pounds. I made positive changes and lost 110 pounds by August of 2008. I was 235 pounds and had reached a plateau. Up until this time it had been easy for me. I just could not shake the plateau! It was hard for me to hit a plateau around the holiday season because temptations were stronger when I was "stuck" and frustrated. I ended up gaining an amazing 36 pounds back between September 2008 and February or March of 2009. (When I do something, I DO SOMETHING...lol). Anyway, I recommited and since then have been up a few and down a few. I do so well and lose hardly nothing and that leads to a few days of crappy eating in which I gain anything I had lost. I started at a size 28, got down to a size 18, and am currently about a 20

So what now?? I am stopping the insanity today! I have got to figure out what I am doing to hinder further loss. If you want to stop reading now, I completely understand as this is very long winded but I am gonna do brain storm of things below and see what is different.

Things that I am going to do to get my body losing again....

1. Go to the gym at least 4 days a week (possibly hire a trainer for a few sessions to get me going)

2. Limit artificial sweeteners. I have been having about 10 packets of Splenda a day in coffee.

3. Limit coffee to 2 "normal" cups a day with either real sugar or no sugar. My mug is equal to over 3 cups of coffee so I will use a standard one.

4. Spread my points more evenly throughout the day.

There are more things I will try to change but this is a start. I am hoping to try and start posting here daily also.

Good luck to all and let's get this weight off!!
  • Good Luck!!
  • Great to hear your story!

Good luck with your goals. Perhaps some other chickies with more experience with breaking through the plateau can help.

Are you writing down everything you eat--and when?
  • Congratulations on your loss and your re-commitment. I know it sucks to regain 36 pounds but you did stop the gain. That is a real accomplishment. It is so easy to regain.

It sounds like you have a plan. You may want to drop the points a little lower than WW allows. I could never lose on the number of points that WW allowed me. We are all different so what works for one person will not necessarily work for someone else.

I am sure that you can do this!!