I could use some vibes and a tractor beam

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm doing fine.
    I'm a wee bit hungry but time's getting on, there's no point eating more.
    It wouldn't kill the Plan if I did scarf a bit more - but I need to practise saying no.
    So please, can you send me some 'just say no' vibes, and a tractor beam to draw me out of the kitchen?

Thankyou!
  • sending *just say no* vibes your way!!

• Listen to the face!
  • Step away from the kitchen.

Keep your hands where I can see them...

Jay
  • When that happes to me, I drink (another) cup of tea.

Sending a "just say no" willpower packet your way!
  • Focus on how good you're going to feel about yourself in the morning when you remember that you stayed strong tonight!
  • I'm hungry too - I was managing fine on the amoutn of calories I'm havign until the last week or two now all of a suddon so hungry. Dont' know if it' sthe change of weather or if I really need more food because of walkign the children to school again.

Anyway, you can do it, keep saying no and stay out the kitchen.
  • I keep this picture on my fridge as a gentle reminder

Maybe find a picture on the 'net to discourage you from wandering in there and wanting to munch.
  • Sent! Hang in there and be strong
  • Lissus I love Weight Watchers Cat. My boyfriend and I look at the lolcats about once a week as part of "together" time while we're physically apart. I'm going to have to show him this one.

Rosinante. hang in there, you can do it. Sending some good vibes your way.
  • Thankyou! It's now tomorrow morning, and I stayed safe. And smug!
  • *just say no* *just say no* it will easier to say no next time if you say no this time!
  • The more you say no to yourself - the easier it becomes for the next time. You CAN do this. Sending those vibes.

• Its reassuring to know you've regained your UMPH...don't give up now!!!!!

I'd like to try what you did and really limit calories for a few days to re-establish myself....I have some questions.

1. How long did you do it?
    2. What was your calorie intake?
    3. Did it help?
  • 1. A week
    2. About 1000
    3. Yes and no. I had some really bad, crampy reactions - but I've had dodgy insides off and on since an el-al airline meal 20+ years ago, so it might have been coincidence.
    I enjoyed being strong willed and, mostly without the aid of tractor beams, I've been able to keep that will power.
    I did most of the 1000 days while my mother was visiting and it fitted fine - she ate about the same but takes tons of sugar in her tea and more cookies than I do - but it unleashed all sorts of food-related anger for me. I can totally see how I ate and ate at home to protect myself from her; I can totally see how I could just as easily have eaten less and less to control the only bit of my life that I could. (Hey, she's a nice lady, just smothering.)

I think I might do it again next month, just for the week. Depends if my weight rockets for 3 weeks and sinks for the 1, that wouldn't be good!

Thanks for the dust!