Shirataki Noodles and Gastric Issues?! (Maybe TMI for some)

• Yesterday, I had shiratake noodles for lunch and yesterday evening I started having gastric issues. Bloating, cramps and gas are the main symptoms I'm having but today I'm having to visit the bathroom frequently (pooping) but I don't have diarrhea. I don't really feel sick so I don't think I have a stomach virus. This is more like something I ate kinda feeling.

This is the 3rd time I've eaten shiratake noodles and I really don't remember this happening before. Have any of you ever had any of these problems I've mentioned after eating shiratake noodles?
  • I haven't had this issue with noodles per se but if I have been eating really well and something is cooked with oil my system will rebel with those symptoms. Not sure how the noodles were cooked but it could be a possibility
  • Are those the noodles that smell fishy?
  • I've never had them, but I have GI issues with TVP-type fake meats. I know some shirataki noodles have tofu in them, so maybe that could be it. I don't have a problem with plain tofu. So sometimes it's the type of soy that matters.
  • I bought a case of those quite a long time ago and I don't recall suffering any side effects but I believe if you read up it is considered a possible side effect. A lot of ppl have the same issues if they increase their fiber intake. I think it takes the body a while to adjust to change, even a healthy change...lol.

How do you like the noodles ?? I couldn't adjust to the texture and ended up giving away the last few packages to a friend who said he didn't mind them , but he never ordered any after he finished them either...lol.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu.../shirataki.htm
  • I like them. I still prefer regular pasta over them but they are a good substitute for me. But if they are going to do this to me I'll probably steer clear from them. I generally eat lots of fiber so I'm pretty used to that. I'm thinking it might be the soy. Because I don't eat much soy. I might have a sensitivity to it. I have one more package of them, I'll try them in a few weeks to see how I react.