Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default Shirataki Noodles and Gastric Issues?! (Maybe TMI for some)

Yesterday, I had shiratake noodles for lunch and yesterday evening I started having gastric issues. Bloating, cramps and gas are the main symptoms I'm having but today I'm having to visit the bathroom frequently (pooping) but I don't have diarrhea. I don't really feel sick so I don't think I have a stomach virus. This is more like something I ate kinda feeling.

This is the 3rd time I've eaten shiratake noodles and I really don't remember this happening before. Have any of you ever had any of these problems I've mentioned after eating shiratake noodles?
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/224/155

Height: 5'8"

I haven't had this issue with noodles per se but if I have been eating really well and something is cooked with oil my system will rebel with those symptoms. Not sure how the noodles were cooked but it could be a possibility
Selenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Are those the noodles that smell fishy?
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I've never had them, but I have GI issues with TVP-type fake meats. I know some shirataki noodles have tofu in them, so maybe that could be it. I don't have a problem with plain tofu. So sometimes it's the type of soy that matters.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I bought a case of those quite a long time ago and I don't recall suffering any side effects but I believe if you read up it is considered a possible side effect. A lot of ppl have the same issues if they increase their fiber intake. I think it takes the body a while to adjust to change, even a healthy change...lol.

How do you like the noodles ?? I couldn't adjust to the texture and ended up giving away the last few packages to a friend who said he didn't mind them , but he never ordered any after he finished them either...lol.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu.../shirataki.htm
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I like them. I still prefer regular pasta over them but they are a good substitute for me. But if they are going to do this to me I'll probably steer clear from them. I generally eat lots of fiber so I'm pretty used to that. I'm thinking it might be the soy. Because I don't eat much soy. I might have a sensitivity to it. I have one more package of them, I'll try them in a few weeks to see how I react.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote