Old 09-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #61  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Not only do you look totally fit, even with your "loose skin", you look 10 years younger! Your stomach doesn't look too bad to me. You look awesome!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #62  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Your stomach looks great girl- makes me feel better I worry about my stomach and legs.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #63  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

pppffffttt who'd even NOTICE the tiny bit of loose skin -- they'd look at the guns and the legs and that is alllll my dear!!! WICKED
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

I am so happy for you! The difference is amazing. I also agree that yes, wow, besides being totally hot of course ( ) you do look a lot younger!

The loose skin pictures -- I could've posted them myself. That is what my stomach looks like. I have been thinking how odd it was that it's bunchy right above the navel -- more inconvenient than below, as I'm sure you know. I hope for some improvement. I really don't know, though. To everyone else, though: I would've hardly noticed something like that before losing this weight. It wouldn've just been one of a million flaws. So, so worth it.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #65  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
you gotta share what your plan and exercise routine is...it's like you hit the lottery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
HOT HOT HOT! Can't wait to read your extended story!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Thanks for sharing and be sure to let us know when your goal story is up with the details of your journey!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post
One thing I LOVE oove, love about success stories on this site is that you can be as detailed and as lengthly as you need! Success stories in magazines just don't say enough!
YES, I PROMISE to share my entire weight loss story with you all I want to share a little background, what I did, my struggles (believe me there were/still are plenty of those), how I changed my diet, my workouts, reaction from friends/family, and a bunch of other random stuff. I agree with Alana, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read success stories and I want to know all the details! There are some stories on here that I've read multiple times to get me through rough times

Just real quick:
- I count calories, I've had to change it up multiple times to get things to work right (check out the attached pic for more details)
- I currently avg 2,000 cal per day (fluctuating between 2,200 - 1,800 per day) and I'm losing around 1/2 lb to 1 lb per week
- I still weigh all my food
- I pack my breakfast and lunch the night before work
- I don't have "bad food" I eat everything I want in moderation with the exception of fast food I haven't had a bit of fast food in a year, I stay away from fried foods (not good on the system anymore if you know what I mean ), and I limit processed foods
- I cook 3-4 meals on Sunday that I can split up during the week
- I started running in Dec 08 (doing my 1st 1/2 marathon in Oct 09)
- I lift heavy weights low reps 3x a week (will do less cardio after the 1/2M and lift 4x a week)
- If I have a crappy day and eat to much I try not to beat myself up over it and get back on track the next day (I don't tend to eat "bad" food, I have issues with over eating)
- Above all I will not give up, this is my new way of life, it's not a diet, and I truly believe patience and consistency is the key!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
OMG~You look Like the daughter of the before pic!
I hope that isn't rude~because you looked like a pretty mom to yourself...But wow you look sooooooooooo Young Now!!! WOW!!!!
OMG not rude at all, thanks!! I never even noticed how much older I looked until recently when I looked at some pics side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fressca View Post
It's all been said I think, but - wow, you look fantastic! And the CLYDESDALE division???? You look more like a thoroughbred to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by better health3 View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your pics and story. I hope you had a blast for your race. You are thin--I thought Clydesdale was for bigger people. You look radiant and healthy. Go you!!!!
Thanks! I know Clydesdale crazy huh? The race I was in Ladies Div I - 140's, Div II 150's, Div III 160's, Div 4 170+. I weighed in at 156 for the race (clothes, shoes, food/water in belly). I figured hey I qualify for Clydesdale, I'm gonna sign up that way I might win something hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayla View Post
Wow you look great! Thanks for posting the loose skin photo's I always want to see examples when people talk about their loose skin. Your loose skin is not bad at all, It gives me confidence that maybe my loose skin won't be so bad either. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losermom View Post
Not only do you look totally fit, even with your "loose skin", you look 10 years younger! Your stomach doesn't look too bad to me. You look awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Your stomach looks great girl- makes me feel better I worry about my stomach and legs.
Big THANK YOU to you ladies Stupid stomach I still hate it as much as I did when I was 240 but I guess I'll take the mini skin roll over the mega fat roll any day! I hope this helps somoeone else who is worried about loose skin. I wish I could see more pics of other women with loose belly skin. My husband says mine looks better every month. I think this my be a monthly progress pic I need to take.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #66  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

wow!! Just wow! truly an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing. It gives me hope that some day, with hard work and consistency, I can achieve my goal. I keep hitting plateau after plateau after every little loss...but you're giving me hope . Thanks again. You look fabulous!
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #67  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Would you explain how Clydesdale races work? What is the difference? So the only qualification you need is to weigh at least 140 lbs for a woman?

Last edited by better health3; 09-25-2009 at 12:42 PM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #68  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow.. what a difference a year makes!!! You look amazing!!!!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Just to add to the rest of your fans....WOW
You look amazing.
Thanks for providing that inspirational spark.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #70  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
pppffffttt who'd even NOTICE the tiny bit of loose skin -- they'd look at the guns and the legs and that is alllll my dear!!! WICKED
I'm super happy with my arms but I sometimes feel like people look at them and think it's too much for a women. The guns comment makes me smile I'm still learning to love myself and be proud of how I look. I'm trying to not let my thoughts of what other people may think of the way I look affect me. I sure do appreciate all the positive compliments, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePicketFences View Post
I am so happy for you! The difference is amazing. I also agree that yes, wow, besides being totally hot of course ( ) you do look a lot younger!

The loose skin pictures -- I could've posted them myself. That is what my stomach looks like. I have been thinking how odd it was that it's bunchy right above the navel -- more inconvenient than below, as I'm sure you know. I hope for some improvement. I really don't know, though. To everyone else, though: I would've hardly noticed something like that before losing this weight. It wouldn've just been one of a million flaws. So, so worth it.
Thanks for posting this WhitePicketFences! We have such similar stats (HT, WT, Start Date) WOW and the stupid loose skin above the navel?!?! Do you have any children? I don't and I carried most of my weight in my stomach, I suppose more in the upper belly now that I think about it. I always used to have a roll above my pants but never had a roll in the lower portion of my belly it was just big and fat but never really hung over like the upper portion. I'm hopeful that it will tighten up but who knows how much. I agree with you regardless of my mini skin roll it was/is all worth it! Do you mind me asking how you lost your weight? Diet & excercise? You are so close to goal too, congrats on your accomplishments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
wow!! Just wow! truly an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing. It gives me hope that some day, with hard work and consistency, I can achieve my goal. I keep hitting plateau after plateau after every little loss...but you're giving me hope . Thanks again. You look fabulous!
Thanks Pintobean! Yes, stick with it!!! I had 2 sort of plateaus...I was stuck in the 190's and 160's the longest and I know how frustrating it can be. Sometimes you might need to reevaluate your plan a little. Like do you need to eat more or less, are you drinking enough water, not being consistent, shake up your workout routine. Just don't give up you are doing a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by better health3 View Post
Would you explain how Clydesdale races work? What is the difference? So the only qualification you need is to weigh at least 140 lbs for a woman?
Hi Better Health! This was my 1st race that I entered this year that had a Clydesdale division. This is what I saw on the registration page:

CLYDESDALE PARTICIPANTS
ATTENTION CLYDESDALES: Must weigh-in before the race, division will be confirmed at that time. Participants who do not weigh-in will be put in their respective age groups. 4 Men's division, starting with 180...189, 190...199, 200...209, 210+ and 3 Women's divisions, starting with 140...149, 150...159, 160+.

I took a look at the race results for last year and I saw that my time was good enough to maybe place in the top 3 if I registred for the Clydesdale division so I said what the heck I'll be a Clydesdale! If I had just registered for my age division I would have placed 19th out of 27 in the FEMALE AGE GROUP: 30 - 34.

I'm not sure if the weight divisions are standard across the country because I'm new to this whole running thing Are you thinking about running or are you already a runner and you just haven't heard about the Clydesdale catagory?

Last edited by daniela; 09-25-2009 at 04:26 PM.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Wow, such amazing results. I am another person that is so happy you posted your "loose skin" pictures. I have always wondered what people considered loose skin. If my stomach looks even half as good as your stomach does right now, I will be ecstatic!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Woowee!! You look awesome! What a transformation! Thank you SO much for sharing your story, It is inspirational. You're right, sometimes it feels like I'll never make it to goal but a year (or more) is just that...

Thank you once again!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

You are sooo awesome!! Such an amazing inspiration to me and many!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #74  

S/C/G: S 299/C 247/G 140

I have got to say that you look absolutely stunning. I am so amazed at your transformation. I had my daughter come and look too, we both agree, you are an inspiration.
I am going to keep the page with your pics bookmarked for those times I feel like I am never going to make it.

I love how strong you have become. I would love to be strong like you are. I think it is awesome.

Thank you so much for sharing. You are so honest, giving everyone a pic of your "loose skin." Girl, you do not have a thing to worry about. You look really good.

Did I mention you are an inspiration.

Thank you

Candace
CandaceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
OMG~You look Like the daughter of the before pic!
I hope that isn't rude~because you looked like a pretty mom to yourself...But wow you look sooooooooooo Young Now!!! WOW!!!!

I just hope that weight loss has done me that well & will continue to be a fountain of youth to me with each new pound lost.

Your beautiful................ CONGRADULATIONS~I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!
I AGREE! That's freaking amazing. Honestly, to tell you the truth... having NO idea of your age, in the first picture I guessed you were in your 40's or 50's, but in the second I then guessed you were in your 20's or 30's. It LITERALLY took 20 years off of you! NO JOKE! That is AMAZING. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I'm very moved.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote