Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 08:39 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Renewed Resolve

Well, I just got back from WW and it was fairly bad. I gained 6 1/2 lbs, so I'm now at 233. However, I have now progressed from "the thrill is gone" stage to the "renewed resolve" stage. This is not an easy journey, it's not gonna get any easier for a while, but I can do it.

I bought a new 12-week journal. I labeled it "renewed resolve" and threw the old journal out. I have set a goal of 10 lbs. per month. I went through my book and wrote down my goal at the end of four weeks, eight weeks, and twelve weeks. At that rate, I will meet my goal in a little over nine months. (Last time I stuck with anything for a little over nine months, it was a 9 lb, 14 oz. boy! )

As part of my renewed resolve, I've decided that it's really important for me to see clear, tangible results beyond the numbers on the scale. That's why I decided to actually take my measurements and put them in my journal. They're bad -- 14 1/4" right upper arm, 39" waist, 49 1/2" hips and a 31" right thigh -- but in four weeks, they'll be smaller. I wish I had a digital camera, but for now I will buy roll of film for my conventional camera and take some "before" shots. In four weeks, I'll take some more shots. I can use the pictures in between for the first week of school. (I take pictures of the students, and they write a personal narrative about themselves that we put on the wall outside our classroom.)

As part of my renewed resolve, I also realize that I must make time for exercise. I must quit thinking of exercise as some special evolution that requires special clothes and an hour of free time. I must quit thinking that I have to drive ten minutes to the park with the walking trail in order to walk. I must risk the fact that my teenage boy is going to laugh at me when I work out in front of the TV. (He laughs at me whenever he can! )

Renewed resolve. Time to throw out the "stinking thinking." Time to look in the mirror. Let's do it.

Jennelle
242.5/233/140
August 15 goal: 223
Old 07-18-2002, 08:59 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Good going Jennelle I love the title of your new journal. I too am going to try some thing like that too. I have the renewed resolve thing till DH came home with corn on the cob the first of the season. I had 2 so not to bad according to me. but much more that i can not handle. but i ate only 2 not the 7 that he ate nor the 10 that DS2 ate with his 2 fron t teeth missing on the top and 2 next to fron t teeth on the bottom missing (yes he looks funny)

well any ways this is about you and your dreams check out www.virtualmodel.com that should help see where you are going!!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:44 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

Default you go, jennelle!!!!

what a great combination!!! bethanne's focus, your journal, and doc phil's what's eating you!!

can't wait to see those pounds melt off of you and everyone else.

and yes, that exercise thing is a bear!!! png seems to have it down, though.

and when i started walking, it was a real effort, but i'm almost at the point that it's a true pleasure and it's helping me focus my day. some wise folks [are you reading, sue????] said that this might happen, and i'm so thrilled that it did. it's better to make business plans or shopping lists or work on relationships while i'm moving rather than counting steps, watching the clock, and just getting through it!!!!

go forth and DO!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:49 PM   #4  

I as well have descovered a new resolve. I am going to enter the "Body for life" 12 week challange. The way I look at it is, that if I can do it for the first 12 weeks then I can do it forever! (I hope) This will give me a real kick in the but, because it will make me accountable for my eating and exercise. I will have to do it because I will have to answer to someone in 12 weeks. And if I can look 1/2 as good as the people on the web site, I will be happy.

So lets toast to renewed resolve!!

Bella23
Old 07-18-2002, 11:37 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Bella WHOOOO HOOOO that is fantastic. that is how i started and still am doing it!! I have never finished a challenge to the point that i took the picts but it sure is motivating!! I can restart if you need a buddy to do that with. you can PM me with your emal addy if you want to help you with any questions that you have. I found that it was really helpful to be able to know what others are doing. and if i felt that i was not doing some thing right.

Jiff I did read that!! I know exactally what you are saying!! I wish that i could bring a tape recorder or something with me to tape all the ideas that i have when exercising. but that is hard i can now work all that and lift the weights LOL
Old 07-19-2002, 11:20 AM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

Jennelle -
I am so proud of you!!

AND this is a testament to what this site can do!! You can get ideas from people on how to motivate yourself, and also see how much support you can get!!!

You go GIRL! You can DO this!
Old 07-21-2002, 03:36 PM   #7  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

That's great Jennelle! I was going to reply to your original post, but I figured all I could do was add more negativity to it... then yesterday, I stumbled onto my renewed resolve. When I sat at that table, I decided "I am NOT going to do this to myself" and I went on to have a great dinner, without making myself miserable Now, I just wanna say, "You go girl!" because you rock, and you will do this
Old 07-23-2002, 09:05 AM   #8  

You do rock! How have you been doing?

Old 07-23-2002, 11:17 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Jenniffer - Thanks for asking! It's Day 5 of Operation Renewed Resolve and I've been doing well. I've been tracking faithfully in my journal and have banked 13 points. I have been drinking my required 64 oz. of water, but not too much more than that. The only thing I haven't really done is exercise. I could come up with a million excuses (the first one being that the heat index yesterday was 109 degrees! ) but I can also come up with a million rebuttals to those excuses (such as my brand-new Firm tapes...). In the space in my journal for "activity minutes," I've been sure to write "0" on the days I haven't exercised. I hadn't been doing that before, and I don't think I was getting a complete picture of my week.

I changed my weigh-ins to Thursday nights. I like the leader better and once the school year starts, Saturdays are for sleepin' in!! I will let everyone know how I do.

Jennelle
242.5/233/140
Renewed Resolve
223 by Aug. 15
Closed Thread