Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #16  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Very rarely, about every other month. However, I track my calorie deficit daily. I do believe you have to have a method to keep you on track, but for ME the scale can make me too crazy.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
When I was losing - once every morning. Same time, same exact place, same nakedness, same after using the bathroom.

BUT, you must learn to deal with and then move on from those inevitable fluctuations. You absolutely can't let what the scale says determine how your mood or eating will be for the day. Showing a loss is no reason to "celebrate" with food and be a little lax, showing a gain is no reason to throw in the towel and quit because "it's not working anyway". You also must know that weight loss is not an exact science. We don't do this on Monday and necessarily see the results on Tuesday. Another thing - weight loss is not linear. You can do the same exact thing three weeks in a row and get three totally different results. You've got to learn to understand that and not let it drive you batty. Remember you're a mature, responsible adult.

For me, it just makes sense to weigh daily. It's a reminder that what I put in my mouth (or don't put in my mouth) affects my weight - which IS my health. The scale is a tool and just that. It measures - what we weigh. Not necessarily the fat either. There's lots more going on in a body.

I avoided that scale for close to 15 years. It was a way of avoidance. I will never let that happen again. It's MY body and for me to not know what's going on with it seems ludicrous now.

Gotta say I agree! I also want to add that I recently read that people who weigh themselves everyday are far less likely to put on weight. They are on top of their weight, know what I mean?

I don't let the fluctuations get to me. It's a tool, that's all. In the long run, it really helps me connect my weight with what I'm doing--or not doing. I don't want to be as oblivious as I have been.

I too avoided the scale for years--unless it was a doctor visit. Not any more. I weigh almost everyday. Final, charted weight on Sunday morning. I always weigh in the a.m., in my nightgown after I've gone to the bathroom (mostly because I HAVE to go first thing in the morning).

Works for me! I hope you find what works for you too.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #18  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am with RRobin. Weigh every single morning and take my Sunday morning weight and record it.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #19  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Do whatever feels right for you and works for you.

For me, I weigh myself at home everyday, but I only officially count my weekly WW weigh-in on Fridays. Everything that rockinrobin said reflects my own feelings about the scale and why I weigh.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I weigh every day, but me, as soon as I can step on the scale three times and see a loss each time, I record it....

That's what motivates me to keep going. I could never wait a whole week to record a loss.

Last edited by ubergirl; 09-15-2009 at 11:55 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I think I'll use the suggestion to weigh every day but only record it "officially" once a week. Good idea. It's like it doesn't count when the scale may go up a little, even though you are following your food plan.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:54 AM   #22  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I weigh twice a week (Sundays and Thursdays) but record only my Sunday weight. I do my mid-week weigh in on Thursdays just to see how the week is going if I need to improve or tweak things towards my "real" weigh in on Sunday.
I used to weigh everyday and have to resist the urge not to because some days, I'd have gained like 2lbs overnight for no apparent reason and would just be totally discouraged. But like everyone has said, you should try different methods and see which works best for you.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote