Old 09-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #1  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Default Assessment time!

I have been logging my foods on My Daily Plate (thanks to whoever it was that mentioned that site)

According to the daily plate, I am eating way too many carbs in a day (over half of my calories,) a little too much sodium, and not enough protein. Okay, so I pretty much knew that but I guess when it is in black and white it hits home better. Fats were a little high too, but I am guessing because I am not eating enough protein and hitting the carbs.

This weeks goal is to improve those numbers, not all at once but a little at a time. I want to make this a lifestyle change and I have learned from past experience if I make too drastic a change I won't last more than two or three weeks at it.
One of the changes will be adding more fruit and veggies and less carb products.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good luck Sue!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Most fruits and veggies are loaded with carbs. But they're "good" carbs. So don't be too concerned if your carbs are still high upon adding in the produce.

Majority of my menu is in fact carbs. But they are the ones found in those fruits and veggies, not the ones found in bread, rice, pasta, etc.

Are you satisfied and full? Enjoying the foods that you're eating? Keeping to your calorie allotment? Are you losing weight? Are you hitting the mark nutritionally? If so, I wouldn't be *terribly* concerned about the percentages.

Cutting back on fat, adding in protein, fruits and veggies are most certainly a good thing though.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote