Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Angry Have I mentioned how much I HATE my period

So since my surgery my cycle is ALL screwed. August was LATE and this time was 1 week early and I didn't even freaking ovulate? Did anyone else that had gall bladder surgery (or any surgery) have this happen?

So last week when my weight stayed the EXACT SAME for a WEEK I was confused... but it turned out to be my PMS. And then yesterday I was up two pounds and then this morning down a pound from that.

Okay body. I'm DONE with having babies. Could we turn that faucet off please?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #2  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I know, I'm fed up, too. I've always had short cycles (about 23 to 25 days) but now I'm down to 21--and I've no idea how long it lasts! For most of my life it was a full week (which is a lot of sanitary napkins!).

But I'm done, done, done. My only hope is that my grandmother had gone through menopause before she died at 50--and my mother *thinks* hers was over by then, too.

So, we'll keep our fingers crossed.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Tammy, remember the fluctuations! My cycle treats me the same way--I go up 2-3 pounds--the great thing is that my weight usually dips the week after my cycle.

Arrgh! To be female!!!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's been a while since I've had my period. I DO remember, however, how it made weight fluctuate so much. Hang in there.

Now I am dealing is menopause - I call it....'my own personal summer'.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

My weight ALWAYS fluctuations during my period but this bleeding every 20 days crap is gotta stop. I've got it for a full 7-10 days so that's not much of a break inbetween!!!!!

Blerg. Done done done. Go away!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #6  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Well, I am 50 and mine are still going strong and on about a 21 day cycle, so I feel ya!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

There should be a "period" fairy... like a tooth fairy that takes it and leaves like money and stuff lol!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

A friend of mine once said that if we could invent a pill that you could take, when you are done having kids, that would dry up your uterus and it would just fall out, we'd be millionaires. I have to agree.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

If you bellyache enough to your OB/GYN, for long enough, there's some new outpatient procedures called endometrial ablation. Some use water-filled balloons, some use cryotherapy ... but they all pretty much destroy that lovely lining. It won't fix the weight fluctuations, or the hormones ... but results on cramp reduction, and mess reduction/elimination have been very, very good. My neighbor (46 yrs) had it done in December, and went from a 22 day cycle that lasted 8 heavy days (gawd!) down to a couple hours of light spotting. She can't shut up about how awesome it is. I've seen it listed as Essure, and Novasure (she had Novasure) - two different techniques.

Diane - I'm just guessing, but I think it'd be closer to billionaires. I'd be right there in line too!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #10  
No description available.

FYI (OT)--Essure is not an endometrial ablation. It is a tubal sterilization procedure that consists of little coils placed in the fallopian tubes which scar over to cause blockage.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #11  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile My weight doesn't seem to fluctuate...

during that time of the month and since I have been eating healthier I don't seem to really have cramps or anything. I wanted to mention though, a product I do use instead of tampons...it is called a Diva Cup... I wish I would have found this when I was in my teens, apparently they have been around for quite some time, but man I save a fortune not having to buy feminine products, I still buy overnight pads, for a just in case, but it's an amazing tool. I'll put a link for it here in case anyone is interested. On heavy days, I have to take it out and clean it every 3-4 hrs... but light days only once every 12 hrs. I am not affliliated with this product in anyway... Just think it's handy. divacup.com/?gclid=CNbjirui8pwCFQoMDQod10ghjg
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

I've been using a diva cup for three years now. LOVE IT.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #13  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

I've been using The Keeper Cup for about 8 years. I travel all over the world and it's hard to find plugs and pads in places like subsaharan Africa or the Middle East.

Love it. Love it. Love it.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

OMG tell me about it. I've been on the pill since I was about 17 and had about 2 days of a light flow for about 20 years or so. For several years even I took 3 months worth of pills in a row and only had 4 periods a year (my doctor authorized this). I am now 1 year post partum, I had my tubes done so I don't need the pill anymore. I have had the most awful periods ever for the past several months. I can't stand it. I know it takes awhile for periods to get back to normal but since I've been on the pill so long I don't know what normal ever was! It is about 5-6 days of unbelievably heavy flow. I'm changing tampons like every hour for the first 3 days. I'm interested in the Diva Cup, any of the posters that use that can you tell me a little more about it? Is it hard to get in and out? I've seen them at the health food store so I know what they look like. I think I'd rather do that then go through $$$ of tampons every freaking month.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #15  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile OMG I know.

I was using at least 3 boxes of tampons per month plus pads...OMG...Now with the Diva Cup, the first three days, I have to clean it about every 3-4 hours and just put it back in, after the three days it is every 12 hours. I love it. At first, it took a little getting used to getting it in and out, by the time the first period was over, I pretty much had it figured out, the second period was kind of learning all over again...and a little frustrating, but by the end of that period I pretty much had the hang of it, and now it is just a dream. I have been using it for about a year now. I love it! Only once did I have trouble getting it out, but if you "bear down" it does make it so much easier, now I am a pro. Love it sooo much. It is so convenient. I would suggest using pads with it until you get used to it, and just don't give up. I think in the first two months I only used two tampons, now I don't have to give tampons another thought....thank God.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote