3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My Introduction (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/181413-my-introduction.html)

Nikki6kidsmom 09-09-2009 01:59 PM

My Introduction

I have enjoyed this board so much and consider it my daily doses of encouragement each time I sit down to catch up. I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself.

I am a 32 year old Mom from Alabama. I have 6 kids (4 boys ages 13,8,4,1 and 2 girls age 12,9) I love my busy, chaotic family life it is what I always wanted.

I have been overweight since childhood due to high volumes of steroids I had to take as a young child for a health problem. Even though I was the biggest girl in my group of friends I was always alot of fun, had plenty of friends and could snag a few boyfriends. I tried to dress similar to my peers and I had a even a fat girl can look cute outlook and have fun attitude.

My husband married a plus size girl sz 18 so I was never the skinny chick who ballooned up after having kids. I have had other small attempts at losing weight but never for a extended time and never for the right reason.

In January of 2008 my very healthy mother had a fall at home and endured a massive brain injury. I was pregnant at the time with my 6th baby. We almost lost my mother that day but she made it through and was headed for a long recovery. The dr. was amazed at her progress and stated to me many times if Mom wasn't in otherwise great health she wouldn't have survived .

This was a wake up call to me to better my health . One day I would wish I would have started sooner and right then I decided to make ME a priority.

My little boy was born in July 2008 and the new me was born then too. As soon as my Dr. said I could I started to walk regularly. I didn't start counting calories till he weaned at 8 months old I just tried to eat sensible up until then. My walks have increased to 3 mile runs and weight training. I have gone from a size 24 to a comfortable regular size 16. It has happen so slowly that I don't feel like I have done that much but pictures are sometimes shocking.
I think I have made easy lifestyle changes and never want to go back to what I was. I deserve the time and effort to become healthy.

I love this board and look forward to getting to know you all.

AmberShimmer 09-09-2009 02:04 PM

Hi Nikki!

I've been a lurker here for the longest time and I would definitely encourage you to post more and talk to us more. The ladies here are amazing and so helpful.

Welcome to 3FC :)

findingfawn 09-09-2009 02:41 PM

Welcome!!

I too am a 32 year old mommy. I have 4 kids.. 3 boys 10, 3, and 4 months and 1 girl who is 4. I homeschool just to add to my insanity, but wouldn't trade my crazy mommy life for anything in the world. I'm also a calorie counter.. even with my little nursling (who I'm hoping makes it to at least a year). Hubby didn't marry a skinny chick here either but having a set of Irish Twins did some major damage to my already high weight (50 pounds of damage!). I'm determined to get back to the weight I was when hubby started asking me out (11 years before I finally gave in!), which is 130. I'm even more determined now since I know we are done having babies, it's now time for me to start claiming my body back some (other than my milk machines....lol).

It looks like you have already come a long long way! Congrats! I look forward to getting to know you more as well!! This place is AWESOME!

Onederchic 09-09-2009 02:46 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals :cheer:

Hugs
Michelle

marbear24 09-09-2009 02:47 PM

Weclome!

Serephina 09-09-2009 08:44 PM

Wow, you sure are off to a great start! Congratulations on the new little one, too. It sounds to me like you are going to have a lot of good advise and things you have learned to post here, so you are already like a old-time member. No doubt that you will fit in great! Welcome! :welcome2:

TaraLee 09-09-2009 08:58 PM

:welcome:

Bunnababy 09-09-2009 09:01 PM

:welcome2:Looks like you have really been successful with your new lifestyle thus far. Keep up the great work. So glad your mom has done well too.

cfmama 09-09-2009 10:46 PM

Welcome to our little home and I look forward to getting to know you better :)

Judy Lynn 09-10-2009 08:40 AM

Welcome aboard! You have already done fantastic with your weight. Looking forward to getting to know you better.