Do you ever keep your weight loss to yourself?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was down another pound this morning, but I wanted to savor the victory alone. I wanted to enjoy it without anyone "spoiling" my moment. Do any of you do this?
  • I don't. I usually jump on here and post a big hallelujah
  • Quote: I don't. I usually jump on here and post a big hallelujah
    This!
  • Oh, yes. Except for my husband and 3fc!
  • Quote: I don't. I usually jump on here and post a big hallelujah

If I lose a tenth of a pound I change my ticker. Losing a half pound is cause for me to tell everyone I know because well, if I've lost a half pound, I'm awesome and they should hear about it!
  • Dang right, CamiToo!!
  • I don't shout it out unless I've hit one of my goals I love to savor my moment with just myself for the little ones!
  • I tend to actually do better when I keep it to myself. If I start boasting and bragging and drawing attention to myself, I'll surely screw up. lol
  • Quote: I tend to actually do better when I keep it to myself. If I start boasting and bragging and drawing attention to myself, I'll surely screw up. lol
    LOL!
  • I only tell once a week - I try not to get too excited about new lows until they've stuck around for a few days.
  • Quote: I only tell once a week - I try not to get too excited about new lows until they've stuck around for a few days.
    me too
  • I always kept it to myself, except for my SO. It's nobody else's business, and I didn't want the unnecessary questions and comments.

Jay
  • Quote: I tend to actually do better when I keep it to myself. If I start boasting and bragging and drawing attention to myself, I'll surely screw up. lol
    This happens to me too. I'm always afraid that I'll jinx myself if I start talking about my success. I don't announce until it's at least 2-3 lbs.
  • I will tell hubby because he is my best cheerleader, but other than him and medical people I don't usually tell anyone irl unless I hit a goal or they ask how it's going. As for online, sometimes I tell and sometimes I wait until I get to a goal.
  • I only share, in person, with my immediate family. They are my cheerleaders! I only share once a week. Whether I've stalled, gained or lost I share with them.

However, I crow like a bird on this site over the least little victory!!!! There are so many places to share my victories here. Be it being able to cross my legs comfortably or buy a size smaller or report a 3# wt loss over the week--I'm all over this site!

It just feels safer here. I get just sheer happiness for a fellow struggler who has made it over one of many humps.