Old 09-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends - I have been so sick with some kind of flu and wheezing like crazy. Starting to feel better. Somehow I didn't gain any weight during this time. (that is a miracle - because I haven't been watching)

For today:

meditation
journal
stretches, etc
gallon of water
eat slowly

sane, thoughtful, planned eating

breakfast - turkey on bread, grapes
lunch - hc pizza, sliced tomatoes
snack - tangerine, cheese
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Have a GREAT OP day, chicks!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Beverlyjoy~ I hope you feel better soon. I know it's flu shot season and in the past I've never gotten one, thinking I might this year. Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!

Mj5~ I'm so out of the loop I didn't realize you were having knee surgery, that is great news. I know you struggle with it hurting so much.

Nicolen~ hope you feel well enough to part with the blankie today!!!!

Traci~ that soup sounds good !!!

Loozin~ great job avoiding the cupcake trap!!!!

Yesterday went ok. Work was very hectic and too busy to pause and think, so that made getting thru the day a bit easier.

Visit with the girls was a bit strained but I think that was more so because daughter # 2 (20 yrs) was in a funk when she got here but wouldn't say why other than she doesn't feel well. I think she is just down cuz reality of her financial situation ...due to bad choices.. is setting in. I could be wrong.

It was good to see daughter #1 (21yrs) and I am glad she is moved back into the area. I ended up making grilled cheese sandwiches...not on my plan I know and we sat outside and talked some. I hope the next visit is a little more relaxed. We talked about doing a girls night soon.

Talked to my son (16 yrs) on the phone and online while we went over his schoolwork. I am straining my brain to think of something to do for his birthday when he turns 17 in November. His gift (a gun safe) has been in layaway for a month now so that part is covered. It will be odd doing a birthday thing alone just the two of us. Probably dinner and a movie since he likes going to the movies a lot.

Counting my blessings and thinking of what I have an not focusing on the downside to my life right now. My goal is not to cry today. I've come close this morning but talk myself out of it so far.

Gotta get to work. Hope everyone has a great OP day !!

Yesterdays food

turkey sausage
water

sunflower seeds
almonds
triscuits
water

grilled cheese
water

scrambled eggs and mushrooms
water
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #18  

MJ - I wish you well on your long awaited knee surgery. I hope all goes smoothly and without much discomfort and a very quick healing. Gosh....this has been a long time coming.

What is the approximate time line in your recovery?

Won't it be nice to have a pain free knee at the end of this road?

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-09-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #19  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Beverlyjoy--So glad you are feeling better! I know there is some nasty flu going around!!! Take care of yourself!!! Yes....I have been fighting w/ ins co for 8 months....ugh...will be VERY glad to have it over--or at least this one over with!!!

Just received the confirmation call from the surgery center! Everything is a "go" for 10:45am on Friday!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #20  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey everyone,

It's been a good day - I went to the gym and made it to work. I'm absolutely shattered now but at least I made it through - and boss was understanding about me not doing the amount of work that I usually do. I didn't push myself too much in the workout either - just did enough to get my heartrate up.

And I got a compliment. I got changed into one of my new uniform tops after my shower at the gym and one of the women who's in the same class looked at me and told me that my figure was starting to become apparent. I had great pleasure in telling her that the top was 2 sizes smaller than my usual tops.

So the menu today:

B - english muffin with marmite

S - yoghurt and blueberries

S - muesli bar

L - sushi

D - home made burgers, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, frozen veg.

Still all about the comfort food, isn't it!

MJ, yay for having a surgery date! When they finally start moving, things move fast. I'll say I'll be thinking of you, but if I've worked the time difference out correctly, I'll be asleep at the time you're having the surgery - but happy thoughts all the same. I know you're not going to recognise yourself in a few weeks time.

Beverly, what is it with these bugs that are going around! Hope you're feeling better!

Jab, dinner and a movie sounds like a great way for you and your son to celebrate his birthday.

Everyone else, hi! How are you all doing? Let us know.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #21  

Nicolen~ glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!!! It's like coming out of a deep fog I think, slow to start but you pick up speed as it clears away.

mj5~ how long will you be laid up for after surgery, do they have a guesstimate for you ? will you get to come straight home after the hospital releases you or do you have to do a rehab type stint in an aftercare facility ?

Beverylyjoy~ hope you are feeling better today!!

Hey to everyone else.

Feeling a bit stronger today, although I am very tired. But starting the day out with a better attitude helps get by the later part much better !!!

yesterdays food choices

tea
turkey sausage

triscuits
sunflower seeds
almonds
water

chicken
broccoli & cauliflower w/cheese
instant mashed potatoes
water

Hope everyone has a great OP day !!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #22  

Hi Chicks.... I had such a healthy day yesterday - food sanity and all. I am very grateful.

Thanks everyone - I am slowly feeling better. Now it's just down to coughing and wheezing. Wheezing is something new for me. I don't like it very much at all.

Today a good friend is coming over and we'll chat about all of our new stories and programs. This will be fun. We've had to cancel a couple of times because I was so sick.

1 gallon of water
stretches
meditations
log/journal food and feelings
put fork down between bites
leave the small amount on my plate

breakfast - turkey sausage, pnb toast, grapes
lunch - eggplant and veggie stew with parm. cheese
snack - tangerine, cheese
dinner - chicken, whole wheat egg noodles, sliced tomatoes
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, skim milk

MJ - gosh I am thinking all my most positive thoughts your way for a easy surgery and recovery. How long will you be "down" with this? I'll be praying for you, friend. We will miss you - I hope you can post after a while & let us know how you are doing. Do you have a laptop?

Jab - I totally agree - when you start the day with a good and positive attitude , it just goes better. That's great!

Nicolen - I LOVE that you got the terrific compliment at the gym. I know that feels good. YAY

Shout out to everyone that comes by...have a OP day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-10-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Our baby is 17 today! She is a senior in high school, so this may be the last birthday she is home for - what a sad thought. I had an easier time with the oldest growing up then I do the baby.

So since I'm kind of down about this birthday I decided the only thing to do was throw her a party. Her friends have been busy inviting everyone to our house tonight after the volleyball game for pizza, pasta, and cake. I'm sure we'll end up with a house full and it will be a good memory for her instead of her mom sitting around crying over her leaving home. :-)

So a careful plan for the day so there's calories left for birthday cake tonight:
B - 2 slices multigrain toast with peanut butter
L - cabbage soup
D - big salad
S - birthday cake!

Probably no walk today. I need to clean the house, make a batch of salsa, make a birthday cake, scotcheroos, monster bars, lasagna, garlic cheese bread, and decorate for the party. Pizza Hut is making the pizzas, so at least I don't have to do that! Oh, and the birthday girl comes home for lunch most days, and will be home after school until the junior varsity match starts so I have to hide the party food until she leaves for the game. Should be an interesting day!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #24  

Traci - wow..such a milestone. I totally understand how you feel. My baby is turning 30 this year. I didn't feel old until I realized that.

Have a great day. It will be special for her.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #25  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! Trying to wrap stuff up at work today, then grocery shopping and errands later.

nicolen--YEA for feeling better! And double YEA for wearing one of your new uniform tops!!!!

jab--Excellent news that you are feeling stronger today!

traci--Have a great time at the party!!!!

Thanks for asking about the surgery/recovery. I am only having my knee scoped at this point, so I will get to go home right after--I'll even be walking on it. I'll be out of work all next week (which is fine by me! LOL!!!!) I'll have to take it easy--the usual, ice, elevate, rest, pain meds...future surgery depends on what he finds once he 'gets in there'....I am either looking at a partial or total replacement sooner or later. I am hoping for partial / later! We do have a laptop (recent purchase and I am LOVING it! Dh was able to get a SUPER DUPER bargain where he works and I am extra glad!), so I will probably pop in Friday just to let everyone know I am ok. My experience (I've had this done before) is that the day of isn't too bad, but once the pain meds the give during the surgery wear off, it can get pretty painful. As long as I stay ahead of the pain cycle w/ my pain meds, I should be ok. Dh has some vacation days he didn't know about, so he is actually going to be home w/ me longer than I thought, which I am happy about. I would have been ok, but the dogs would have had to be in their crates when he went back to work b/c getting them in and out is hard. Now, by the time he goes back to work, I *should* be ok getting them in and out. It's funny, but they can totally sense when they need to be 'extra good'. I did buy them some of their favorite chew bones too....they are extra, extra good when we have those! LOL!!!!

WOW....that was a book!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Pop in and let us know how you are doing!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #26  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I have been kind of checked out for the past 3 weeks. I started out with the flu and then it progressed into pneumonia. So, I've been just trying to survive working and doing the running around I need to do. Today was the first day back to the gym after 3 weeks of laying around! I didn't push too hard, so it felt good to be back there. I'll take it easy for a couple of days at the gym, but then I want to really ramp it back up again.

I'm also back to writing down what I'm eating. I had taken a break on that. I lacked a lot of energy!!

Anyway, it is good to be back. Good to see all the new faces and hear from everyone else!

Have a great day!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 AM   #27  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Yay for Friday.

I took half a day's annual this afternoon. I was absolutely shattered after being awake since 2am coughing and basically if I'd gone home sick, I would have had to go to the doctor's to get a medical certificate. Maybe I'm cheap, but there's not a lot of point in spending $27 for the doctor to tell me I've got a bad cold and I should stay warm and drink lots. I already know that! Anyway, I stopped off and had a muffin and latte for lunch, did a bit of grocery shopping - 1 kg of my favourite yoghurt for $3.50, major score! - and came home to collapse on my friend the couch with my other friend the blankie.

I did go to the gym and it was a bit of an effort. I'm thinking I might skip the spin class tomorrow and give myself a couple of days break, but I'll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. Apart from that, I've got nothing planned for the weekend, so I'lm going to have a nice quiet time, I think and just try and get over the cold.

The menu today was:

B - English muffin and marmite

S - yoghurt and blueberries

S - muesli bar

L - muffin and latte

D - leftovers from last night.

Jab, attitude really is everything, isn't it?

Beverly, sounds like we can share coughing stories. One thing I know - we definitely didn't catch this bug from each other!

Traci, hope the party went well! Pizzas and teenagers - sounds like an unbeatable combo!

MJ, happy thoughts for your surgery!

Diane, another one with bugs. I'm pleased you're feeling better, but don't do too much too soon - pneumonia takes time to get over!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #28  
mj5

Good Morning everyone!

Diane--Oh no....hope you are finally feeling much better. Take it easy!!! Glad to see you back!

nicolen--Hope you feel better!!! Rest this weekend. Sounds like you need it!

I soooooooooooooooooooooooo want some coffee right now, but I can't have any. That's probably why I want it so badly. Oh well, I know they will let me have some when I wake up! LOL!!!

I'm going to go take a shower....I won't be able to do that for a couple of days (that will NOT be fun), so it will be a nice, long, hot shower for me this morning!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #29  

Well ended up with a massive headache yesterday but so much was going wrong at work I thought that was it. Woke up this morning with a headache and sore throat. Today will be hectic but I am off work the next two days and hope that helps. I think it is just sinus.

mj5~ best of luck today at your appt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicolen~ sorry to hear you haven't whipped the cold yet. i agree going to the dr just to be told it's a cold sux

slashni~ i'm very sorry you were soooo sick. pnuemonia can take a LONG time to whip

traci~ i know what you mean about the baby. my baby will be 17 in november and looking back i can't but wonder where all the time went and it makes me a bit sad. didn't have that blue feeling with the first one which is a bit odd

beverlyjoy~ glad to hear about the sane day, those can be few and far between sometimes...lol.

I hope everyone has a great OP day !!! Think happy!!

Yesterday's food choices

tea
oatmeal

whole gr crackers
water

corn chips & salsa (not a great choice but didn't have many chips at all)
water

pasta w/ beef and peppers
water
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #30  

MJ - here's to your surgery! May it be successful, quick, and pain free. I am thinking of you right now wishing you well.

Yesterday was a good, sane, healthy day with food. I am so grateful. It was tough at night - but, somehow I pushed through.

For today:

gallon of water
meditation
stretches and strengthening
put fork down between bites
write down food and values

breakfast - boca bacon on pnb toast, grapes
lunch - open face egg and pepper sandwich, lite mayo, lite cheese, tomatoes
snack - apple and pnb
dinner - out with DH to a new restaurant around the corner - something healthy
snack - cheese toast

Jab - so sorry to hear about your headache and sore throat. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Nicolen - Sadly, I am still your 'coughing buddy'. I must admit that I am feeling better every day. Hope you do too. So much stuff going around.

Slash - sorry to hear you were so, so sick. (I disappeared for a week or so too when I got so sick recently, too) It's wise to start your workouts slowly - see how your lungs and body will handle it. Glad you are posting.

Traci - how was the party.

Gosh so many folks have been sick. Here's to feeling well, everyone!

Everyone - have a wonderful OP day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-11-2009 at 08:54 AM.