Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:49 AM   #1  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Good Morning Everyone,

I havent had anytime to post lately and I have alot of reading to catch up on before making individual replys.

The past 2 weeks I have done aweful, how easy it is to fall back into old habits I havent exercised or drank my water and watching what I eat .. well I've watched myself eat ALOT of junk. Yup this one was more then a slip.. I just totally fell off... BUT I'm back, I haven't totally abandoned myself.

The 13th was my big family outting to the lake, and I am happy to report that half of my mini goal was made. I am not in a size 18 (yet) but I DID climb those rocks!! It was a long hard hike up to the top of that miniture mountain but I DID IT!!! YEAH!! I wasnt first up like I wanted to be, actually I was last.. but I was so proud of myself for making it.

Will write more later
Traci
Old 07-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

Ok before everyone gets confused, I started this thread and moved Zap's post so all the posts for today would be in one place.

I know the title may seem random, but it does have a good point. I realized this morning how nice it is that we have a parking garage here at work. It keeps my car cool during the summer, and its especially nice for days like today when it is WAY too hot to have the top of my Jeep Wrangler up, but they also think it *might* rain. Solution = parking Garage. You can leave the top down, knowing that the Jeep will stay dry, and you can have a nice dry place to put the top up if you need to. Problem Solved.

I am proud to report that I have stayed within my points, drank my water, and more importantly WRITTEN EVERYTHING DOWN since last wednesday. Yesterday I ate over my points, but between banking and exercising I think I covered them all. I am waiting for my friend (AKA the WW Expert) to confirm that for me. If not, I was only over by 2 points, which I am not holding against myself, because I Went out of my way to eat carefully all day to make sure I wouldn't blow it too badly last night. That is an extreme accomplishment because Sunday is Roast Beef Sub day for lunch, and that is one of my meals I look forward to all week. (it's also about 12 points.) BUT, I knew we were having a pizza party for dinner, and I wanted to be able to participate. I didn't make the best choices at the pizza party, so I was glad for being disciplined the rest of the day.

I finally snapped at hubby about the dishes. It'd had been royally annoying me that I Was cooking dinner, and doing ALL the dishes. So I snapped. Well, it worked. He's done a lot of them lately, including totally cleaning up the house last night while I snored on the couch. He even dumped my leftover popcorn into a ziplock bag and cleaned my popcorn pan. I couldn't believe it. It was a wonderful surprise to wake up to.

My doggy has also been quite ill the last week... we had 2 episodes of needing to shampoo the carpet, and her waking us up 2-3 times during the night needing to go outside. I think we finally tracked down the problem, and she is doing much better, and actually slept from 11 pm until 7 am this morning, which hasn't happened since we got her. I guess this is mild preparation for being a mommy and a daddy to a baby someday. I'm just glad that babies wear diapers. Makes the clean up considerably easier.

So I'm actually looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I also got some Richard Simmons sweatin to the oldies tapes which I'm planning on testing out tonight. I can't wait.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:17 PM   #3  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hello!!

I haven't dropped out. I'm still having hand troubles though that keep me from typing very much. It's time I went to see the Dr. since it's not healing on its own. Nice to read about so many losses here!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:13 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello All!! I am still here...haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I have so much reading to catch up on, that individuals will have to wait.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Haven't been on program for a few weeks now. Am starting to think I am ready to get back in business, step one, get my butt back in here.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:22 PM   #5  

Hi, all. SSDD. At least no doctor's appts today. However, tomorrow, we'll be gone most of the day to Cleveland Clinic to have mom's voice prosthesis changed. For those who don't know, my Mom had throat cancer and had a total laryngectomy in
95. She is cured now, though. I don't care that she doesn't have a voice...I have her. Her CAT scan showed no marked change, so her stroke on the 4th was very slight. Thank the Lord.

I wish to warmly welcome all of our new members. This is a great group of people. Don't hesitate to read and post!

Lorelei, I HAD to eat the donuts...to get the taste of the cheddar bacon fries out of my mouth!! I am a total pig!! Things are not good. Maybe it'll get better since my old 'Aunt Flow' came to visit this morning...she's a REAL pain in the a$$, too...not to mention the tummy, back and radiating down to my knees!

BA, I know the joys of the parking garage! They are BLESSED things. I worked at Phar-Mor (anybody remember us BEFORE the embezzlement?) and we used the parking garage and it was heaven to come out at 5 (or 6...or 7) and get into a relatively cool car! Great job on staying on plan...could you sent some of the determination over here, please?

Sandi, welcome back...just keep plugging along. You know we're all in the same boat! How are your flowers coming along? I'll bet they are gorgeous.

Jeanie, get to the doctor!!!

Traci, CONGRATULATIONS on getting to the top of that mountain. I'm proud of you!! Not that I'm one to talk...I'm sure you read how horribly I've been doing!!

PNG, are you being good and not abusing that foot?!! (Don't OD on the meds!!!)

Jennifer, how's your new place...I KNOW you are loving it!!

I hope I'll be able to read some more and make some more replies later. Til then,

Love, Gayle
Old 07-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

I am so annoyed. I paid extra for shipping my Richard Simmons videos next day, and they are not here. Supposedly they've been delivered to the local post office and I'll have them in 1-2 business days, which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm really beyond annoyed. I just fired off an upset email to Amazon.com and we'll see what they say. In the meantime, I was REALLY looking forward to sweating to the oldies tonight. Guess I'm stuck with Leslie Sansone.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:03 PM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Gayle-I am glad your mom seems to be doing ok. I think maybe the stress in your life right now is making you want to eat, eat, eat.. Hopefully you will be back to normal soon.

BA-Sorry about the tapes. I work for a shopping channel customer service so I can understand your frustration since I hear it all day long! When you said you were stuck with Leslie I know you werent trying to be funny, but I thought it was. I feel like I am stuck with her too. I do my tape but turn the volume down and turn the radio up!!

Zap, Jacobs Mommy and JML-welcome back! I know it's hard to come back, but after a week or so OP you are usually back where you left off (unless of course you go REALLY off plan!!)

For me I have have been doing good. Tonight I went to Golden Corral for dinner..(I guess they are all over the USA) A big salad, buffet, and desert type steak place) I did ok for me though. I ate a baked potato, and a small salad with regular dressing cause sometimes you gotta splurge I guess, and a roll with butter. But NORMALLY I would have eaten a HUGE salad with tons of dressing, the roll, potato and then dessert. So a much smaller salad and no desert probably saved me 700 calories at least, and I am proud of that.

lorelei
Old 07-16-2002, 01:07 AM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

BA - I've heard lots of people complain about the service you get when you order Richard Simmons products. I think I would get pretty insistent that they refund my shipping charges. Threatening them with the BBB usually works.

I'm still not back on track...thought I was, but I'm not. I just don't feel that intensity that I did before I left. Daughter wants to break out The Firm tapes that I bought before we left, so we will do them tomorrow. I hope that helps me to get my butt in gear!

Jennelle
Old 07-16-2002, 02:34 AM   #9  
gbo

Well Darlins , it seems our focus is somewhere in left field. I am Op but struggling. It just is a real struggle at the moment but I know if I don't give in to myself it will pass. If you wonder why your "focus" is so hard to keep hold of consider this......... It takes 7 years to create a new brain pathway. You know all those habits and things you do without a second thought. Those things that are so very automatic. If you have ever seen a brain scan or a brin on some tv show the "ruffles" are those learned processes that are so much a part of us. Now imagine all the thought forms in your mind that are so firmly established, the habits, eating patterns and self images we hold in our brain. We all have to forge new pathways and we are but it is so easy to fall back becuase those "Old brain pathways are long established......soooooo.............we are speeding up the process of creating the new pathways by our daily postings and concentrating on recreating our lives, thoughts and patterns on a daily basis until iit becomes a part of that wonderous auto pioley we have in our brains. The stumbling block however is everytime we fall back into the "old" patterns we reestablish them and give them strength. The new ones slow to a stop. The ease of falling back into old patterns is they are without thought or effort on our parts. If the new pathways are to be created we have to keep our thoughts and actions there to make it such a part of us that it will not only become a normal way of thinking and behaving but is stronger than the old allowing the old ones to become weak and inactive. Shut down. That is part of why it is so easy to fall back into old ways. Odd isn't it that it is even a physical thing not just an electrical charge that is dispersed to the brain and fades. One day if we are faithful to ourselves the lifestyle will be easy and totally without effort! Quite a thought really.
Pam
Old 07-16-2002, 09:19 AM   #10  
JML
Success Story!!!

I will be getting to the doctor on Thursday to ask about my wrist problem. I wonder if the lump in my wrist could be some kind of weird cyst? I don't know anything about these things. Definitely time to get it checked out.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #11  

I am dragging my behind, and slipping quickly off the wagon. I was doing so good, feeling so good, and now..I feel like a big ole lump. I can't say I've been horrible, but definatly not anything close to being OP enough to lose. I think I am going for a walk right now. I will take my lunch early and head out there. The humidity has passed for today but will be back tomorrow. A bit warm, but I need something to kick me. And kick me hard. I gave in to fast food last night because I was going into the city to the airport to pick my uncle up. Why couldn't I have planned better? The wedding is next weekend, and am not where I wanted to be. Feels as if just yesterday I was planning on being at 199 for my California trip which was in October. Now it's the middle of July. I need to stop yo-yoing. And just do this. Please someone send me the determination...

Zap..You did it! You climbed those rocks! WOOHOO!! You'll be seeing a size 18 in no time!

BA..Sounds like the key to your success is writing everything down. Maybe I should try that again.

JML..I really hope the doc can figure out what's going on with your wrist. Hope it's not too serious. I won't lecture you about waiting too long, lol.

JacobsMommy..Well, Well, well...look who's back. WE MISSED YOU!!!! I know life was a bit crazy for you chickie the last few weeks. Wasn't the same without ya!

Velvet..Oh, you know am in heaven. I can hardly explain the feelings of having my own place again. It's really wonderful. I had some mulch dropped off at the cottage last night, so tonight, I will be gardening and weed wackin! Glad to hear that your Mom is a survivor, she must be one special lady, because she really does have a remarkable daughter.

lorelei..A buffet place and you did so well! That alone deserves a huge WOOHOOO!

Jennelle..How's those firming tapes? Which ones do you have? I need some serious firming!

gbo..Without thought? That's what am aiming for. I want this to come naturally. I don't want to have to force myself to drink, exercise and eat healthy. Some day.....How are you doing?

Hope everyone else is doing well...

Old 07-16-2002, 10:02 AM   #12  

Hiya ladies - I've been running around trying to tie up loose ends before school gets started again, so not keeping up with threads like I should. My doctor's appointment last week was ok (not great). Blood pressure is still a teensy bit high, as were triglycerides. Gotta go back in October - hopefully 15 or 20 pounds lighter by then.

I really appreciated what you said about focus, Pam - just when I think I don't need to "concentrate", I catch myself sitting in front of the TV with a potato chip in my hand. Old habits do indeed die hard, don't they.

Have a good OP week, and make time to shake yer booty!

Deb
Old 07-16-2002, 11:50 AM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

OK Girls - I'm celebrating ONE WHOLE WEEK ON PROGRAM! Why am I celebrating? Because this is actually the FIRST week in my ENTIRE time on this plan that I have been OP for the ENTIRE week including the weekend! I also snuck a peek at my scale this morning, and it looks as though I may have lost 6 lbs! I'm not going to believe it until I see it on the WW scale though. But I am really excited. (can you tell?) I am just so proud that I've made it a whole week... You have no idea. My friend said last night that I can definately count the exercise + the banked points, so I wasn't over on Sunday.

So, tonight is reckoning.. We'll see what happens! I'm holding my breath! (figureatively) but I'll let it out to weigh.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I am doing good. The exercise started out with good intentions but the heat and work ended up getting to me. This week will be different. I did manage one day last week which is better than I have done in the past. We got a free new couch on Sunday. It's nice so we had to get rid of the old one in the house and get it cleaned up. Just to mess it up again. We have everything that was under the old couch on the floor in the living room. GRRRR. I have to work on getting it clean tonight before my meeting.

I hurt my baby yesterday by accident. Boy did I feel bad about it. I was clipping her finger nails and got the skin also. Boy did she cry and it sure bled. I almost thought we were going to have to take her to the ER because it would not stop bleeding. But once she calmed down it slowed down and stopped. I gave her a little tylenoyl to get rid of the pain if there was any in it. She was fine the rest of the night. I was ready to start crying I felt so bad. Well I think she is fine today but I did a nono after that, I ate about a half a pan of brownies. I have been at work since 6:00am and can't leave until 2 or 3. It's lunch time right now and hopefully the afternoon will go faster. It's only 2 1/2 hours to 3 1/2 hour left. Well I will see about posting more later after my meeting and I see how good/bad I did. That is because I don't really know how I did. Take care all and will talk to you later.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:53 PM   #15  

Hi all, I'm back.

I am finely back to normal, no sister and no husband, lol. I love him home don't get me wrong, but it is such a rush rush week when he is home. I'm glad things are finely back to normal. I haven't and am not going to weigh in for about a week. I haven't chosen the right foods this past few weeks and haven't drank any water so I am giving my self a week to get back to normal.

The past few weeks have been a rush but they have also been a lot of fun. I went fishing in the bay and cought 4 rock fish. It was a blast. I'll post a few of the pictures when I get them at the end of the week. I had so much fun. My mother in law kept the girls for the night and we had a blast of a day. We did a lot of other fun things including the girls birthday party, but fishing was the best. (well after the motion sickness pills kicked in, lol)

Well I hope the rest of you had a great couple weeks. It's taking me forever to catch up. I'll write to all of you later.

Bella23
Closed Thread