3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm Officially Sick :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/181088-im-officially-sick.html)

hpnodat 09-05-2009 03:51 PM

I'm Officially Sick :(

I've always been pretty bad about eating healthy when I'm sick. I've got a cold. I used to eat spicy things like General Tso's chicken or other spicy Chinese foods. I also like wonton soup and other kinds of soup, I eat lots of soup when I'm not well.

But because I'm changing my eating habits I'd like to eat healthy while I'm sick.
I went to the grocery store and got some cans of the "light" soups. But they have a lot of sodium and I don't want to overdo it on sodium.

So anyway, what do you eat to stay on plan when you get sick?

and

What about exercise? Should I lay off it till I get to feeling a little bit better or just try to tough it out and continue with my daily exercise routine.

ubergirl 09-05-2009 06:44 PM

Sorry you're sick!!!

I'm guessing wonton soup is pretty low in calories...

Or try making your own chicken soup with canned low sodium broth...

My favorite:

1 large can low sodium chicken broth
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
a whole lot of garlic
1/2 cup white wine (Optional, but it tastes better with...)
1 cooked chicken breast shredded.
one quarter pound angel hair pasta
one medium onion chopped
1 tbs olive oil

sautee onions, garlic and veggies in oil. Add broth and chicken, bring to boil, add pasta-- cook pasta until done. (about 3 minutes)

:hug: Hope you feel better soon.

Lyn2007 09-05-2009 06:55 PM

I make this:

Magic Chicken Soup

It seriously makes me and all my kids feel tons better when we have a cold. The garlic is antiviral, the chicken has scientific studies that say it helps get over colds, the ginger and cayenne help with congestion.

starfishkitty 09-05-2009 07:49 PM

I tend to take it easy until I don't feel like death anymore, then slowly start back at the gym. No need to pass out on a machine or something! :lol:

Aclai4067 09-05-2009 08:04 PM

I'm sick too. And been struggling to eat well. As far as the gym, I think I might try to lift some weights tomorrow, if I try cardio I start coughing uncontrolably! Good luck staying on plan and feeling better.

hpnodat 09-06-2009 05:55 PM

Thanks for the well wishes and the soup recipes y'all. I still feel pretty poopy today. I could barely drag myself out of bed this morning to get something to eat even though I was starving. I went for a slow walk, so there's my exercise. It wasn't much but I did the best I could and I feel a little better after breathing in the fresh air. I did what I needed to do to get my points in for the points challenge. :)

Now it's time for a nap.

wendyland 09-06-2009 07:04 PM

I'm just getting over a cold. It started while on vacation. boo hoo.

I crave fruit when I'm sick. I barely had any appetite, but I love pineapple, strawberries, grapes. I also ate some trader joes chicken noodle soup. Yum!