Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Found an area where I slip up

I start off the week (in my head weeks begin on Sundays) really well and enthusiastic when it comes to exercising (I find I can keep reasonably on-track on the food front through the whole week) - but beyond Tuesday or so I just don't seem to have the va-va-voom to get out there and run, or get myself to the gym. I went on Friday because I had an appt with my PT - but otherwise I'd have stayed in bed...

Does anyone have tips for me on how to keep my exercise kick going on through the whole week?

I used to only want to run in the mornings because I'm petrified of people seeing my big butt out jogging. However, I'm slowly overcoming that and running in the evenings too.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #2  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile I do what I enjoy!

For about a month I did step aerobics, then for about a month I did the Ab Circle Pro, then I walked and did some swimming, then I did step aerobics and the Wii, now I am walking morning and nights now that the weather is cooler. I just do what is fun, when I get bored, I find something else I find fun. Sometimes if I really can't think of anything, I find a "Project" like spring cleaning some part of the house, usually takes me a good few hours to make sure everything done and vacuumed or polished...I might grab a closet or room or desk or something like that. Maybe an afternoon at the zoo. Hope this helps.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

I sometimes find myself having that problem too. But when it gets to bad, I will try a new class at the gym, or just step up how hard I work in the classes I am already taking. I have found that I love kickboxing, and I've only done it a couple times. I have also been told by trainers and class instructors, that in every work out, I must do something that I don't enjoy doing. So although it may not be fun, its essential that I do it anyway. I'm more of a class kind of girl, Boot Camp, Muscle flex, Kickboxing, I really like them all. But if I don't have a class to go to, its hard for me to get to the gym. So I challenge myself to complete a 5k on the treadmill, or take a walk around town. Hope this helps you.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

for me, tis is one of those things, i just do. i was always an athletic kid, and once i got past my own mental fat phobia, it came back to me. there's MANY days i just dont want to go to the gym, slug through the work out, but i scheduled my classes with a 2 hour break between my first and 2nd classes m-f just so i would have ample time to work. we have a small gym on campus, open to all students, wityh various equipment, weights etc. i do know, once i get about 15 minutes in what ever it is i do that day, i'll be glad i did it, but i have to force myself to go. and i love working out. i think we all have days and its the process of making sure you just do it<to quote nike>, that makes it part of your routine, yanno?
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Does anyone have tips for me on how to keep my exercise kick going on through the whole week?
Whether or not I've got that va-va-voom is irrelevant. It's just something I do - no matter what. I've committed to it and it's not an option NOT to do it. I make room for it, schedule it into my day and do it - like any other one of the vital things that just HAVE to be done - whether I feel like it or not.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I treat it like its a part of my daily hygiene routine. I brush my teeth, I shower, I put on deodorant, I put on my clothes, etc... I do it because it is a necessity. I exercise because it is a necessity.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm another one that does it because it is totally necessary for me. I don't give myself the option to not do it. I always feel better when it's done.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #8  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone for your input. I guess at the moment I might still be in the "honeymoon" period as regards my exercise - it's still new, you know?

You're (all) right: I need to really build it in as an integral part of my day. Gulp.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Actually if it were the "honeymoon" stage by definition, you'd be wanting to do it because it's new and exciting and fresh and you'd be looking forward to it and so on and so on.

Quote:
I need to really build it in as an integral part of my day. Gulp.
Yes, you'll get there. It takes time to incorporate new habits into your routine so that they are automatic.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #10  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I'm one of these people that hates exercising. I have never liked it and I'm not sure I never will like it. I just do it because I know it has to be done. Just like paying the bills, it has to be done.

I learned a long time ago that if I did everything based on how it felt at the moment, nothing would get done. So, I already know that I don't "feel" like exercising but I just do it anyway.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote