Old 09-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #16  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

In the last month I've lost 3in from my waist and about half an inch from my thigh
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #17  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Go Salsa! That's a whole lot of inches in a month!!! Lucky!!!

Okay, so my first Sept NSV...

I'd worked an 82hr work week (God, take THAT people who are trying to tell me I can fit the gym in 6 days a week!! I'm proud of my 2 to 3 right now, thanks!) in 7 days, and I'd been feeling kind of bad because I didn't have time for my grandma at all (she lives with me) and so I told her I'd take her out to dinner at Applebee's..... the only reason why I picked Applebees was because I had a coupon.

So it'd been a long, long, LONG time since I'd been out to eat and I'm pretty adamant about not eating out often, so that when I do... I let myself eat what I want. With a diet pop of course. So my grandma and I proceed to TOTALLY bring down the house with an appetizer platter we shared, a burger and fries for me (plain though, no cheese or mayo), and then the cookie and ice cream desert that we shared.

I mean, we literally ROLLED out of there we were so stuffed... our sides were creaking, I kid you not.

My NSV: Even though I enjoyed the dinner, and the indulgences, and the excesses..... as I was walking out, I was like "Whew! I'm glad I don't eat like this every day anymore!" Like, literally.... I don't know HOW I could eat so heavy for so long!! It was fun while it lasted, but I totally don't have ANY urge to go back to that!

Awesome!!!!!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #18  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Today, I bought the smallest bra I have ever bought as an adult--38DDD. Last time I lost over 100 lbs my smallest bra was a 40D. I'm sure it didn't fit well, duh! The 38DDD is a bit snug but it sho does fit better than the 40DD I was wearing earlier today.

After I got home, I tried on a couple of very small XL tops I got at Costco a couple months ago (they correspond to 12/14s since my 14/16s all fit very well). WOW! With a new bra, they all fit! They are a bit more "fitted" than I'm ready for right now, but I think they will all be comfortably wearable in public sometime in October.

I haven't gotten on my scale in a while since I broke up with it (it wasn't doing it for me anymore LOL)...maybe I will sometime this week...
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Love all these NSVs! We rock!

I biked 15 miles yesterday...and wanted more!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Does being able to cross my legs COMFORTABLY count? I'm talking, actual crossing of the legs, no hand to hold them in place or else it's fat bouncing off fat!

I crossed my legs today. They stayed crossed. It was comfortable.

WOW!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #21  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I made it through 3 weeks of a display of chocolate almonds being in the office without having one. They guy came and picked them up today. Whew! Sure am glad they are gone!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #22  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

Anewcreation...I can totally relate to that! I can't wait until that's a normal manuever for me again! Great job!

I have a couple little NSVs...

1.) I did an extra 20 minutes at the gym today
2) I did an extra mile on Sunday
3. I wore a size 26 when I started...I have a very form-fitting pencil skirt in a 24 that I've been dying to wear...It zips! I need another 5 lbs or so to wear it in public because it makes me look a bit lumpy right now...but it felt so good to see a noticable difference! =)

4. I also signed up for the diabetes walk in this area...I'm going to do a 5K walk on the 10th! Good thing to work toward and I've never done anything like that before!!! =)
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #23  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I killed my arms at the gym today. During the backstroke, I just kinda push the water from my shoulders, keeping my hands half in & half out of the water.

Today I did that on the warm up & cool down, but for the laps in between, I put my hands under the water & pushed toward the bottom of the pool. I FELT IT, OMG. Still feelin it.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #24  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I jogged for a total of 40 min in 10 min stretches with only a mintue or two in between. and i signed up for a 5k
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #25  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I went to the DMV to get a Driver's License last Thursday and after an internal debate I decided to put down my real current weight (even though I know most people I know shave off 10-20 lbs at least). Well the lady filling the form ARGUED with me, she was like there's no way I weigh that, that I looked like I weighed much less and that she didn't think I looked even 200 lbs. She was in total disbelief even as I left. That kind of made my day... ok fine... it totally made my week!!!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #26  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I did a bootcamp this morning, in which we did a good deal of running. Almost all of the other participants are much younger and fitter than I am. I DID NOT QUIT. And I did not come in dead last either.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #27  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I am proud of my self that as much temptation that has been through this house I have not gave in to one of them( Oreos, Chocolate Pie, Candy Corn, Sour Gummi Worms, Etc) When they pull their special treats out I jest pull mine out and have a snack. Makes it all worth while and I dont feel like cheating.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Butterfly 50 -- you Rock!!!!!

I made a minestone soup last night and only had one bowl. In the past, even when dieting, I would have had many bowls! I would have said, 'It's just veggies, it's a free food.' I started to think that way last night and before I got a second bowl I said to myself...'But, are you hungry?' Well, no. Then why was I going back for more? So, I didn't.

Could I have afforded the calories? Yes. But I wasn't hungry. I was full. I stopped at one bowl.

That's my NSV this weekend. It's a biggie for me because portion control and mindless eating is an issue for me. Yay!!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:57 AM   #29  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

although I really really really didn't want to (TOM issues), I did the exercise I was planning to. And of course felt the better for it I wish I could bottle that after feeling for use at other times
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lots of NSVs last night at Back-to-School Night at the high school.

1. walking up and down the three flights of stairs didn't bother me.
2. pulled on jeans and button down shirt and looked "normal." In the past, I often overdressed for school events because it was hard for me to look nice and casual at the same time.
3. No problem fitting into the kids little desk chairs.
4. Ran into friend's husband who asked if I had lost weight! (I've noticed you have to lose a good bit before the men start to notice.)
5. I wore my wedge heels and had to park really far away. My first thought was "oh no, my feet are going to hurt." They didn't.
6. Went to the gym on the way home...
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote