Old 09-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. I have been counting calories this is my fourth day. So far I have been doing good .Though I have noticed that my carbs out weighs my protein and I want to change that. I jest have to learn about portion control and How much is good and what not good for you. Boy am I in need of help. I dont want to fail I want to continue doing good. I like the fact that I can eat things and as long as I log the calories I will be fine. It is jest determing the good carbs / bad carbs and and so on.

I did the zone a couple of years ago and I did good lost 50 pounds . I dont like the fact that they dont have alot of choices on food. expecially ones I eat. I went on the web site and I had to add my weight and hip and Belly size to tell me recommended amounts and the computer came back exceedes our limit check numbers again. Its not like I can hold my breath and make my Belly and hips smaller so gave up on that.

6 years ago I did 6 week Body makeover and I wasted 125.00$ on that the plan was soo limited I felt hungry alot and didnt like that. To me you should not feel like you are starving on a plan.

So this time I want to do it on my own counting calories and making the right food choices. I know it is gonna be food I like and I will be more able to stay with it. Jest getting all the fine deatils worked out.

Any Help will be appreciated .

Bonnie
Majority of my calories come from carbs as well. But they're the ones found in fruits and veggies. I've had to elminiate the other ones, for the most part - the flour, pasta, rice, breads, cookies, cakes, etc, etc, etc. I don't even do well on whole grains, but that's me. I couldn't/wouldn't take a chance on overeating them. It was too hard for me to stop. So I just DIDN'T start - problem solved! So I caution you about eating ANYthing as long as it's counted for, for the reason I just mentioned. Also, I really need filling power and volume. Empty calories, nutrient sparse ones are not worth it to me. They leave me hungry - a big no no for me and they leave me clamoring for more of it - another big no no.

It does take time to find out what works for you and what doesn't. What you're willing to give up and what you're willing to change up. It won't happen overnight. My eating evolved and I know for sure yours will too.

As far as portion control that you mentioned - that's why you're counting calories. THAT'S what's going to keep you in check. Try to aim for a certain amount of calories for your breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then your snacks. Scrounge the internet. There's a wealth of info to be had. Just google 1800 calorie menu planning or whatever number you'll be sticking to. Lots of things will pop up. And remember to be open to changing things and tweaking, tweaking, tweaking.

Also be creative! Find foods that you love. They're out there. Experiment. And let those creative juices flow....... I think once you get into this, you will be AMAZED at how good healthy food tastes. It's tastes waaaay better to me now then all that other garbage did in the past. Give it some time, your tastes will change too.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #17  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Everyone has such good advice here. I jest feel overwhelmed sometimes when reading about all the different diets that are out here. But I am determined to find what works for me and get busy. I also plan to bump up my exercise from doing a 30 min Walking video to more of a aerobic video. Cant wait to get full steam ahead . grocery shopping tonight and working out tomorrow.

Bonnie
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #18  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good luck, Bonnie. You CAN do this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #19  

Hi Bonnie!

Just wanted to wish you the best on your weight loss journey!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #20  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, Bonnie, welcome!

When you're feeling overwhelmed, remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint: so take your time.

I found that for portion control and to ensure I eat a balance of food, I needed even more structure than simply calorie counting. Besides, I find numbers tedious.

So, I am using a portion control plan--there's a thread about it here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...rt-thread.html

I hope it isn't overwhelming!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I'm not really following a plan, just common sense, fresh instead of processed, still allowing myself the occasional treat in moderation. High fiber foods, as well as benefiber, or metamucil to keep myself regular. Salad at least once a day, apple or peach as a snack. Most of my changes have come in my activity level. I make sure to get at least 30 minutes a day of exercise.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #22  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Hi Bonnie You are going to do this!

I am doing WW right now but don't see me doing that until I am finished. Will probably just change to intuitive eating at some point, if I can. If not, then I will continue to count points or calories. The main reason I am using WW is they have healthy guidelines and I try to follow those as I tend to not eat healthy and to me eating 1800 calories or 32 points without those guidelines just opens the door for me to eat one big piece of cake then munch on veggies all day, well, I may lose weight but I won't have done anything for my health.

Whatever you choose for a plan the people here will be supportive.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote