3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Goal to be out of plus sizes by Christmas. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/180748-goal-out-plus-sizes-christmas.html)

VickieLou 09-01-2009 04:13 PM

Goal to be out of plus sizes by Christmas.

I was walking around a clothing store in the plus sizes, thinking by Chirstmas I can be in regular sizes! I can get into XL tops, but still in size 20 pants.

Elladorine 09-01-2009 04:19 PM

Awesome!!! I'm hoping for this myself. :carrot:

Good luck to you, you can do it!!! :hug:

Angihas2 09-01-2009 04:49 PM

I've got that same goal!!

Rosinante 09-01-2009 06:40 PM

Great goal!

momof5k 09-01-2009 07:28 PM

Me too! I was just going to start a post just like this today.

I would like to purchase something without an X in it :) In fact, I have been procrastinating buying new clothes for just that reason. I did have to buy a few new pairs of capris mid-summer because my pants were falling off but besides that, one new shirt while on holidays is all I have purchased so far. (That new shirt was an XL purchased on a non-plus sized store and that was pretty thrilling as I was mostly in 3X...some 2X)

The few pairs of jeans I have not gotten rid of are falling off and all of my shirts are ridiculously baggy but....I am still waiting.

What am I waiting for? I don't know exactly...I am just waiting.

With fall just around the corner I know I won't be able to wait much longer but... I don't plan on staying this size for long so...

How did you decide it was time to buy new clothes? What did you buy?

TraceyElaine 09-01-2009 08:05 PM

Me three! I am in some 1x some xL. I am also between a loose 18 and a 16. But by Christ mas I hope to be out of plus sizes compleetly.

Angihas2 09-01-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceyElaine (Post 2905737)
Me three! I am in some 1x some xL. I am also between a loose 18 and a 16. But by Christ mas I hope to be out of plus sizes compleetly.

I had this same issues, 18's were to big, 16s in plus sized women was to big, but i wasnt a 14 regular. the sales lady, bless her heart, sent me over to the jr's dept, and while my initial reaction was a "yeah, right", she was right. i'm in 16 juniors. still big, but crap. JUNIORS. cute clothes.! well, pants wise, i'll never be a jr in tops, unless i want to wear something that fits like saran wrap

ubergirl 09-01-2009 11:01 PM

Ooh, this is great! Something to look forward to! I'm all ecstactic that I'm fitting into a size 20 from Coldwater Creek. I used to not be able to buy in the store because I wore a 24-- that was a catalog only size.

cfmama 09-01-2009 11:09 PM

it's an awesome goal!!! I'm in a woman's XL top now and an 18 pants. I LONG for the day where I can be in a 14 or a 12 pants!!!

kasmin 09-03-2009 05:41 AM

Yeah, that would be a great feeling to be out of plus sizes, for sure. I think I would have trouble shopping for clothes--too much selection! Looking forward to that awful day though :dancer:

Pita09 09-03-2009 10:25 AM

I have the same goal. In fact I have a piece of paper that I got off the JC Penney sizing chart that tells me how many inches I need to be in bust, waist, and hips for a particular size. What I long for is to wear clothes that don't have that dreaded X or W on the tag.

Windchime 09-03-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5k (Post 2905708)
The few pairs of jeans I have not gotten rid of are falling off and all of my shirts are ridiculously baggy but....I am still waiting.

What am I waiting for? I don't know exactly...I am just waiting.

How did you decide it was time to buy new clothes? What did you buy?

I know what you mean about not wanting to stay your current size for too long, but here is my suggestion for you: Go try some stuff on. You don't have to buy, just go grab an armload and start trying stuff on. You will be amazed, I promise you. If your jeans are hanging off you, you will love having even one pair that fits and you can get a pair for like $30 (less if you get lucky at Goodwill).

So...I'm in 14 now and not planning to stay here long. However, I have to have work clothes and I was tired of my pants hanging off. So recently I have bought:

3 pairs pants (gray, black, brown)
2 cardigans (taupe and cramberry--I will be able to wear these for many months)
2 "mesh" tops (again, they are forgiving, can wear these even if my boobies shrink)
1 darling purple top with ruffles--will only get to enjoy this for a short time but I don't care cuz I love it.
1 pair of shoes in my normal size--they're a little too big but they're 11 and there is no half size to go down.

It kind of hurt to spend the money but I have to have things to wear to work! After I am safely down and out of the 14's, my plan is to donate the clothes either to Goodwill or the local women's clothing center that provides professional clothing to women who are re-entering the work force. That way I don't feel like I wasted the money.

findingfawn 09-03-2009 11:17 AM

I would love to hit this goal too! Good luck on your journey, it will be an awesome Christmas present to yourself!