Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

lottie--good for you for staying OP yesterday! I am loving the arnolds sandwich thins!!! My dh too. Great for tomato sandwiches!!!!

Ok, so I had a stinky realization today......I had to renew my drivers license. Not a big deal...except for the fee YIKES!!! BUT, my 'grand plan' was to be at my goal weight by the time I had to renew so I could have my picture taken and really "see" the difference. My old picture is 10 years old, and I have lost a lot of weight since then, so I am sure I will really see a difference, but I am far away from my goal. It is OK, I will keep plugging away.....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #17  

Posting my accountability is a must during this time of year. The kids go back to school and I'm out in the field more often. Pre-planning is a must for me as well. Last year around this time I felt I was too busy to post consistently. This led to the yo-yo game once again. This year I will NOT allow that to happen.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I have left my husband of 23 yrs this week. It's been a long time coming but it doesn't make it any easier. And it wasn't planned, just a stupid argument that triggered the last straw...

I miss my son a lot (he is almost 17) and am feeling like the world's worst mom right now. Life is spinning wildly at the moment and of course I can forget planning my food...lol.

somebody send me a good vibe to get thru today please an thank you !!!

yesterdays food
granola bar
peach
slice of whole gr bread
slice of cheese
some water

jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #19  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jab - I'm so sorry. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #20  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jab, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. I hope that each day gets a little easier. Hang in there!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #21  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

mj5, you'll be there next time!

sunshineca, *positive vibes*

jab, sorry to hear, hope things end up for the best.

yesterday I didn't get to skate, I got what seems to be a pinched nerve in my neck, so we went swimming. more like soaking for me, but it was fun either way.

bf has been on vaca all week. he goes back tomorrow so I can get back to exercising the boredom away! (I have been staying on track with above min exercise though) but still....I could do better.

today: 1602

b: 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast
s: pita w/ 2 oz hummus
l: 12 brown rice vegetable rolls
s: homemade veggie soup
d: seitan wings, baked fries

Last edited by lottie63; 09-03-2009 at 11:28 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #22  
mj5

Jab--I am so sorry. You are strong. I know you will get through this.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #23  
mj5

Hi everyone! I just realized that I hadn't stopped long enough to pop in here, yet today!

sunshine--you know what you have to do and we'll be here to support you!

jab--sending you LOTS of good vibes to get through today and the coming days!

lottie--Hope your neck is better.

I had a great workout at the gym last night. My knee is killing me, but other than that, I feel great! LOL!

Anyone have any exciting Labor Day plans? Dh and I are going to a baseball (minor league) game tomorrow night and a cookout and there are fireworks after the game, so that should be fun. Other than that, nothing terribly exciting. I need to do some cleaning--always a good time...NOT.

Have a great op day everyone!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Jab - I'm so sorry. I've been married 22 years and have a daughter who will be 17 next week, so I feel like I can relate. I hope things work out well for you. Know that we're here if you need to vent.

Had to fast 12 hours for the employment physical this morning. Horrible headache due to lack of coffee. Came home starved, of course. Put some burgers on the grill and made some (small, low-fat) chocolate shakes for lunch. I feel so much better! Not exactly "on plan" food, but with no calories this morning, I'm still way ahead. Or behind. Or however you say it!

Tonight is just DH and I for supper, so something simple. Maybe some shrimp on the grill. Getting ready for camping this weekend at the music festival, so I have to plan my food for the next 3 1/2 days. I bought a big funnel that coffee filters fit in so I can boil water on the camp stove and pour it through the funnel into my thermos to make coffee. Cheap and effective. :-) DH saysit's a true sign of what a coffee addict I am. Guilty as charged! We're taking the bikes, so exercise should be good all weekend. Yippee!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! I am Jennifer... I am looking for some support. I need to lose roughly 100lbs... but I cannot officially start because I am pregnant with baby #2 (my son is 15months.. and we are expecting a baby boy around December 6th via csection). I had lost weight before... 70lbs... 6 years ago. I kept it off for 4 years, until I was pregnant with my 15month old... I got very sick, was on bed rest, medications.. and had him 5 weeks early due to complications. I was 90lbs heavier than my lowest weight... but about 70lbs heavier than my start weight with that pregnancy. This time around I have only gained 10lbs.. and that was after losing 10lbs in a month (then found out we were expecting again.. go figure! lol). I am determined once this baby is born that I need to loose the weight. The reason I didnt lose it before.. or really try.. was because the gain was a huge shock for me. Most of it was gained the last 3 months of my pregnancy according to my husband (I never looked at the scale while I was pregnant... even asked the drs office to say nothing)... and when a nurse let it slip at a post baby appointment how much I weighed... I cried. I was devisatated and it took a long time to get over the shock and depression of it andfeel ready to do something about it. This time I am being as proactive as possible rather than waiting til I am completely depressed about the whole thing. So I need as much support as possible! Lots of "You can do it!"s are needed because... 100lbs.... just feels like so much! And I know some of it is I want to be thinner than I was... weigh less than my husband... so really I would be happy with a 70lb loss... but I would ideally love to lose all 100lbs.
JennLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab91864 View Post
I have left my husband of 23 yrs this week. It's been a long time coming but it doesn't make it any easier. And it wasn't planned, just a stupid argument that triggered the last straw...

I miss my son a lot (he is almost 17) and am feeling like the world's worst mom right now. Life is spinning wildly at the moment and of course I can forget planning my food...lol.

somebody send me a good vibe to get thru today please an thank you !!!

yesterdays food
granola bar
peach
slice of whole gr bread
slice of cheese
some water

Sorry you're going through this! Sending your way!

Quote:
posted by lottie63
sunshineca, *positive vibes*
Thank you! I feel I can survive this time around but I know the positive vibes from here will help me a great deal.

Quote:
posted by mj5
sunshine--you know what you have to do and we'll be here to support you!
You're absolutely right! That's why I'm menu planning and grocery shopping this weekend. Thanks so much for your and everyone's support! What would I do without you guys?

Hi Jenn! Welcome and congrats on the soon-to-be born bambino. We'll be here when you're ready to start your weight loss journey!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #27  
mj5

Good Morning!

Jenn--Welcome!!!

Just a quickie post from me right now...I have a million things I would like to try to get done...we'll see how that goes LOL!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #28  

Height: 5'6

thanks for welcoming me you guys!
JennLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #29  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

jenn welcome!

so, my neck now feels better but then yesterday I got a pinched nerve in my back/hamstring area. I can't win!

today: 1404

b: 1 whole egg, 1 slice wheat toast, 1 serv oatmeal
s: triscuits w/ 2 oz extra sharp cheddar
l: cheese pita pizza
s: egg whites w/ cheese
d: wheat pasta with zucchini, garlic, olive oil, mozzarella

Last edited by lottie63; 09-04-2009 at 11:00 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:51 AM   #30  
mj5

Good Morning! Unfortunately, yesterday was so not on plan it's not even funny....it started w/ lunch and went down hill from there. It's ok, new day, fresh start!

I am going to do some serious cleaning around here this morning, so I'll be back later!