Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 02:47 AM   #1  
beautiful

Default Remember me?

and once again i disappeared. its been 6 months or so since i came here last and i've been doing terrible. all i've done is gain weight. i feel like a failure to say the least. i have let myself down really hard and its time to pick back up and get moving.

i know i've started over lots of times and every time i was oh so serious about sticking to it. well, this time i really want it. i have 120 lbs to lose and i need to do it. i dont know how i'm gonna do it or if i even will do it but i want to and i need to.

i've been wanting to come back here for a while now but was too embarrassed because i'm such a quitter. i have to stop making excuses and just get to it or i'll always be this way.

so if ya could find it in your hearts i need an extra hard kick in the pants and maybe that will get me started.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:46 AM   #2  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

OMG... I was just wondering about you grrl! Too wierd... and you act like none of us have been at the point you are...tsk... I'll still kick you in the butt if that's what you want... but just remember, I'm moving in on my 2 year anniversary here, and haven't done much but yo-yo'ed... why? Because I stop coming, I stop caring, and I go back to the same old thing... been doing good this time though, haven't taken any HUGE breaks in posting...hehe, and I think I may even be on the losing path again Anyway, glad to see you back!
Old 07-13-2002, 09:28 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Shelly.. we have all been at the point you are now. Infact. I've done it oh.. about 15 times since I was 15!
I hope this time is the right time for you

Just say: I'm going to do this for 2 weeks.. those are the toughest. Then take one day at a time.

Post often..

Dana
Old 07-13-2002, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Hi there Shelly...

I just started here last month so I don't know you, but I want you to know you should never ever feel embarassed to come back to this board. And don't call yourself a quitter as you really aren't. As if you were a quitter you wouldn't have come back here at all.

I have been just like you....start and then stop and on it goes.

To help myself try not to do the start stop thing I am trying to change things slowly instead of all at once. First is the water thing. I am so bad with water but I have managed to get in 1.3L of water a day and some days more. Slow steady strides I think will help make it become habit.

Oh and here's a little about myself so you know who I am...

I am Jen(29), happily married(for the most part.. ), and a SAHM to 2 wonderful children. A daughter Katy(5), and a son Christian(2). We are in London, Ontario Canada.

Like you I too have a lot on my plate(and I don't mean food.. ). I see that you are a single mom to 2 children and I know that isn't easy as my youngest sister is also a single mom(or at least was one) and I also see you are a college student(as is my youngest sister too). Just take things one day at a time and give yourself pats on the back for getting through them(good or bad).
Old 07-13-2002, 10:48 AM   #5  
gbo

Shelly, Lord yes I remember you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so very good to see you back! Welcome home Honey. You have been missed. Obviously you are not a quiter or you wouldn't have returned. You gave up on you for a while. Is it ok? NO !!!! but God knows we all have done it! I know how embarassing it can be , been there done that! This is a battle of more than weight, it is mental, emotional and even spiritual in someways as it involves the every essence of who you are but Honey like a war there are many battles along the way and skirmishes. You lost one battle but not the war so remember it is a quite a journey and a war an inner war. The very best indicator that you have not lost the war is that you are back so don't feel embarassed. Just be glad you only gave up on you for a while and not permemantly! You can do this and you can make a much better life for yourself we all stand with you and behind you 100%! You are far from alone in this war. So many of us are seasoned warriors!!!!! If it were easy Babe we would all have reached goal first time out and quickly. It isn't and for that reason we need each other. There is such strength in numbers especially when those in that number are as caring and as supportative as those here. So pull up your chair ,get comfy and let's get going!!!!
Pam
Old 07-13-2002, 12:23 PM   #6  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Welcome Back!!!

I look at it like this:

If you were a quitter you wouldn't be here. You just need to find your groove. You could just say that you're regrouping!!! Anyway, welcome back and best wishes to you in your quest toward better health.

I've found that I have to conquer my weight loss problems by concentrating on one week, one day, or even one meal at a time. So hang in there and post often. It's good to hear from you.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:57 PM   #7  
Slowly going crazy!

I'm not sure if I remember you or not cuz I'm right where you are, back again after a big absence and a big weight gain.

But slowly I am losing! ! ! and you will be too. It's true, that you need to stay connected in order to stay focused on the task at hand. I have such a desire and determination and you will too.

I can't even think of anyone who posts here as a quitter, as just coming to this board requires an act of determination to get something done! !

Welcome back! ! !
Old 07-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry Welcome back!

Dont feel embarrased. I know all of us have started and stopped a million diets! Me included. This time it has been a long process for me. I have in the past lost 50 pounds in say 6 months and then felt I looked great so I could eat what I wanted, right?? Wrong!! I always gained it all back and eventually each time got higher and higher in weight. I started losing in Jan 2001 at 313!! How is that for a lot to lose?? Now I am at 260. I am 5'8 so I still need to get another 100 off to even be on the high end of my ideal weight. I lose some, maintain it for a while, and then try some more. Maybe that will work for you too. Just try to lose 10 and keep that off a few weeks and when you are ready go for 10 more. 10 sounds so much more do-able than 100!! best wishes to you and keep posting even if you arent being perfect on your plan-cause none of us are perfect and you are more likely to keep trying if you keep checking in!!

lorelei
Old 07-13-2002, 07:11 PM   #9  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Shelly, welcome back!! Like the others have said, don't be embarrassed. We've all been there, likely more times than we would like to admit. the main thing is to keep trying. I try not to always focus on the weight all the time. For example sometimes in this hot weather it is tough to get outside for some exercise. Instead of thinking that it is for me to lose weight I try and think of it as getting some fresh air and sunshine for me and the baby. I'm sure in the past 6 months you've done some good things. Think about those positive things instead of the negative. Keep on posting, it's the best thing to keep you honest!
Old 07-14-2002, 01:24 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Shelly welcome back!! I do remember you and am very glad you found your way back here. for the last year i have not lost mcuh but manage to stay comming here as there is no one who judges here, and we are accepted with out question. we all fall we all have a good times so you are never a failure or a quitter just taking a break at times.

glad you have found your way back.
Old 07-14-2002, 02:43 PM   #11  
beautiful

Default WOW!!!

thank you all so much for the welcome back. it sure felt good and it really means a lot to me. i recognize some of you but there are sooo many new members since the last time i was here! i'll reintroduce myself.

i'm shelly, 23, from oklahoma. single mom to dillon (11-30-98) and bryleigh (11-24-01). i have been "well fed" (as my friend puts it LOL) for about 5 years now. my all time highest weight was 266 when i delivered my daughter last november. i got down to 228 after having her but its all come back and now i'm hovering around 255 (or so the last time i weighed). i got down to a 16-18 but now i'm back to 22-24 and of course on top i'm more like a 28 because the first place the weight hit was the boobs.

i have read the posts and decided that when i look at the long term goal it seems sooo far away and that i will do better if i do it by looking at it day by day or even meal by meal. i went last night and instead of buying junk like usual i bought "good" foods (veggies, fruits). i know i can lose this weight because i've done it before. its the exercise that kills me. LOL but i know that even the smallest amounts of exercise will help if i keep doing it and let it add up. i'm going to take my stair machine out of storage and start using it too. i had been doing stomach and leg exercises and was doing really well for a few weeks, i even noticed a difference, but i got so burned out.

ooh this got long. so once again thank you all so very much and i look forward to losing this weight with all of you.

BTW do we still have our cheerleader?
Old 07-14-2002, 03:48 PM   #12  
hot mom wanna be!

Good for you!!
I am glad you bought some healthy foods and are thinking about exercising. I didnt really start exercising until I lost 50 pounds. I just concentrated on losing. Maybe now I have better energy or something too!
hey, even if you just walk one mile a day (15 minutes at a good pace) thats good. You will be burning 200 calories while you are walking (or more depending on weight) and also doing something good for your whole body. Looking forward to hearing about your first weeks weigh in!

lorelei
Old 07-14-2002, 03:51 PM   #13  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Haha, the cheerleader had a heart attack a couple months ago, so Jeniffer gave her a proper goodbye, we do still have a thread for the weightloss totals, I think it's Sticky at the top, and I think it's called "members only weightloss totals"
Old 07-15-2002, 10:31 AM   #14  

**HUGS** **HUGS** **HUGS**

Oh girlie, I am So so happy to see you! It has been awhile, but like you have been reminded, you are NOT alone. Just look around, and you will see so many faces that once started out with you. And you aren't a quitter. You are here. And so are we. You know it's possible, we all do. It just takes a great deal of determination and support.

PNG is right, cheerleader had a heart attack. Poor girl. But since then, I've kept adding the lbs week after week. Check out the thread..it will inspire you.

Hows the children doing? How's the lil angel? Good baby?

And most of all, besides all this, how are you doing?? Anything new??

Old 07-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #15  
gbo

Hey Amy good to see you back too!!!!!!
Shelly Honey, Look, I have now lost 60 lbs. Thats a lot and I am well pleased but if I just look at the weight I have to lose I would be overwhelmed constantly. Why I still have 167 pound to go!!!!!
Take it ten pounds at a time and while you may know your long term don't concentrate on it. That is one of the reasons I don't normally add that beginning weight/what I weigh now / and goal weight. I focus on 10 pounds at a time only ! I will get there better and faster that way. Some people aren't as hung up about their goal weight but I know I am so I don't even think about it. One step at a time.
Pam
Closed Thread