Old skirt, new skirt? and walking progress...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I had bought a skirt years ago when I was a size 20, and today I tried it on in the vain hope that it might fit....

and it did!

OMG.

I am a solid size 22 jean, but my 22 skirts have been a little big lately and now this 20 totally fits! Not too long now before I'm a 20 in jeans too!

also, my route that i walk has taken 90 mins all week, today it only took 75. I'm gonna shoot for 60 tomorrow!
  • That's awesome. It's a great feeling fitting back into old clothes. Keep up the good work
  • That's great! My husband recently started fitting into clothes I bought for him when we first met almost 4 years ago! I can't wait to go "shopping" in my closet at my parent's house next year!
  • Way to go! What a great couple of NSV!!! Wahoo!
  • woot woot!!! That is awesome!!!!!

I had a size 14 skirt (denim and frayed out on the bottom, knee length) that i could no longer fit into...but held onto it with dear life...told my mom to put it away for me. When she gave it back to me.....it was too big! I was excited but a little teeny bit sad at the same time..I was so looking forward to wearing it again. Finally I just gave it away!!!!
  • Congrats! You are doing wonderfully
  • OMG girl -- soon you'll be RUNNING that route in size 16s if you keep ithis up! Totally amazing! And WAY TO GO!!!

Kira
  • Congratulations, Lottie! I bet it feels great to be back in that cute skirt AND to be kickin' butt on your walk. Walking is my exercise of choice, too, and I love it.
  • Yay!! Good for you!
  • Thanks so much everyone! I'm just sitting here with a big goofy smile on my face.
  • Congratulations! Great job closet shopping!
  • Fantastic. Fantastic. FANTASTIC!!!
  • lottie--That's awesome!!!!! congrats and great job!!!

I remember when I went down a size once I was SO excited because it had taken me SO long, I actually hopped in my car and drove to my parents house (they only live a few blocks away). When I got there, I realized I hadn't even put my shoes back on yet! LOL!!!! I can't wait to get back into some of my clothes!!!!

***for anyone who has favorites that you just don't want to let go of....you can sometimes take them to a tailor/seamstress--it can be much less expensive than buying new AND you get to keep your favorite item.
  • there's something about the clothes that's an extra special NSV in my mind. Congrats!!

and the feeling of getting into better shape, that's awesome too. I'm really happy for you, Lottie.
  • okay girl. You KNOW we need pictures!!!!