Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

There ARE certain (plenty) foods that still fall into the "one bite and I'm gone" category. Cheesecake, home baked cakes, cookies, breads. Ice cream. Luckily I've set up some strategies to safeguard myself from overeating them. Usually anyway.

But there really are lots of foods I have lost the taste for - like fast food. Heavy salad dressings, , most (but not all) fried foods. Packaged garbage-y breads and cookies and that kind of stuff. I've lost the taste for them AND I'm too particular and choosy with my calories to eat that kind of food. If I'm going to have a splurge, it had better be superior quality and darn worth it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

And I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with me... I tried a french fry one night and it was so disgusting, I couldn't taste potato just grease. And the same with a bite of fried chicken, really gross.

I was actually going to start a thread about this very thing. I've been wondering if it was just me. ;-)

I'm loving foods now i absolutely hated before like beans, cauliflower and broccoli. I think my taste buds senses are heightened as well, but that could be from quitting smoking.

I DO have to have my original salad dressing though. Kraft Thousand Island is the only one I can tolerate. The low and nonfat ones are disgusting to me.

Last edited by jefferzzzz; 08-28-2009 at 07:44 PM.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferzzzz View Post
The low and nonfat ones are disgusting to me.
Now that's an intolerance that has only gotten worse and worse as I eat healthy
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh I'd also say some indulgences still taste good. I think I've definitely gotten pickier about the indulgences though. I had coconut lime hemp ice cream the other day and let me tell you, it was extremely good. Luckily it only comes in pint size
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote