Less than 100 pounds to go

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Because I always need something to look forward to, I have a list of mini-goals a mile long. I hit the latest one today. I have less than 100 pounds left to go. Two digits just feels so much more doable than three ever did (especially the high three's). I feel like I can do this and that feels great.

I was looking at some of the other goals I have on my list that are so much closer than I imagined I'd ever be to them and again, it gives me hope. I'm 44 pounds from no longer being obese. I'm 13 pounds from being half way to my goal. I'm 25.4 pounds from having lost 100 pounds. And all of those feel completely reachable. If I'm overwhelmed, I just change my perspective and focus on something really close.

If you are just looking at your end goal as the only milestone to look forward to, I highly suggest finding little mini-goals to look forward to! It makes the long road so much more interesting...
  • CC! Awesome! That is so great and you have done so well! Won't be long and you'll be looking at losing only single digit amounts!
  • Congratulations! What a big achievement!
  • That's great C.C.! You are almost to your third 10% also!
  • That is so freaking fracking awesome! It does feel SO GOOD to be in the double instead of triple digits left to lose doesn't it!!!!!!
  • Under 100 looks great!! You are doing well, keep it going!! I keep a list of mini goals too and those days are wonderful when you see yourself getting closer and closer!
  • awsomeness !! 74 pounds lost ! thats amazing
  • I SO needed to read your post right now. Thank you so much for the encouragement!
  • Fantastic!! Congrats
  • Congrats on your accomplishments
  • Oh CC, this is wonderful. Look how far you've come!!! And look where you're headed. I remember breaking down my goals just like you have. It kept things interesting and with always something to look forward to. I made it a challenge, a game. Reached one goal, focused on the next and then the next. It was thrilling reaching for and hitting those targets and then moving on to the next one. Just kept checking them off my list and one by one the "big" goal became nearer and nearer.

Quote:
    I feel like I can do this and that feels great.
    It IS a great feeling. Just a great feeling. You CAN do this. You ARE doing this. You're bringing this baby all the way home - step by step.

• Very encouraging! Mini-goals are defininitely the way to go
  • CC--Great job!!!!! Keep it up, I know you can do it!
  • WTG CC, that's awesome!!
  • Fantastic! Good for you!