salad dressing find

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • For those of us (like myself) that buy salad dressings rather than make them.

I LOVE ranch dressing. I LOVE Caesar dressing. I don't LOVE the amount of calories per tablespoon... usually 70-80. Well so I have not eaten them in almost 11 months. I did buy some fat free ranch but it was pretty gross. And chemical.

Yesterday when replenishing my salad making supplies I found... YOGURT salad dressing! Yogurt Ranch and Yogurt Caesar! AND they only have 40 calories per Tablespoon!!!!!!! Since I usually use just one T that WORKS! And omg they are soooo yummy. I just had 1.5 T with my veggie plate and sofreakinggood.

It's President's Choice brand. I don't know if you get it in the states but in Canada you can buy it at any Superstore/Loblaws/extra foods etc.

Go. Buy it. It's made of win.
  • Ooh, is that in the refrigerated section? I'll have to keep an eye out.
  • Nope just on the regular shelf. It's a white label.
  • That's awesome! President's Choice was a really good quality store brand. The chain of stores that carried it in my area closed down years ago.
  • Ohhh, sounds good ... especially that ceaser. Going to keep my eye out. Thanks for the tip!
  • I make my own Caesar Dressing. Into a container or a cruet I put about a tablespoon of lite mayo, about a teaspoon of olive oil, about 1/3 cup water, about a tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 crushed garlic clove, about 1/2 tsp of mustard powder, salt and pepper. Mix it up real well and viola - delicious low cal Caesar dressing.
  • The World's Healthiest Foods just sent out a recipe for caesar dressing.

• 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
    • 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
    • 1 TBS prepared Dijon mustard
    • 1 TBS honey
    • ½ tsp salt
    • ½ tsp cracked black pepper
    • 4 TBS fresh lemon juice
    • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
    • 4 oz silken tofu
    • 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
    • *a little water to thin if needed

1. Blend all dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at end.

My favorite dressing is either salsa or Galeo's Miso Ginger dressing. TonTon vinagrette is really good too.
  • OH MO GOD! *faints*

I am looking for that THIS weekend!
  • Quote: The World's Healthiest Foods just sent out a recipe for caesar dressing.

• 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
    • 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
    • 1 TBS prepared Dijon mustard
    • 1 TBS honey
    • ½ tsp salt
    • ½ tsp cracked black pepper
    • 4 TBS fresh lemon juice
    • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
    • 4 oz silken tofu
    • 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
    • *a little water to thin if needed

1. Blend all dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at end.

My favorite dressing is either salsa or Galeo's Miso Ginger dressing. TonTon vinagrette is really good too.
    Thanks for the reminder Nelie. What was I thinking? Oh, I wasn't. I left the lemon juice out of my recipe. I am going to go back and edit accordingly.
  • RRobin: how many calories per T do you count for this dressing? It looks simple enough that I might just try it lol.
  • Quote: RRobin: how many calories per T do you count for this dressing? It looks simple enough that I might just try it lol.
    I never figured it out. In fact, I don't even measure everything exactly. I just kinda throw it all in there. So that's why everything I gave was approximates and kept saying "about". It wouldn't be too hard to figure out the calorie count. The mayo has about 35 cals, the oil about 40, everything else is negligible. You can make up a batch and see how many tablespoons you get and do the math. You can also adjust the measurements to your tastes. I make it all the time, though I myself rarely eat it. My family loves it. The water makes it nice and thin and SPREADABLE. So it gets all over the salad.
  • Thanks for the recipe
  • In the US, Bolthouse sells yogurt ranch, bleu cheese, and caesar that are pretty good.
  • Good to hear CF. I was just looking at them in the store the other day and decided not to get any. I may have to try them out now.
  • I've had that and it isssss good. There is another kind I tried but I can't remember the brand name. But yes yogert dressing=yummy!