Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default The How Much Does She Weigh "game"

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who does this? Previously I didn't do this nearly as much as I do now. But I try and guess in my head how much someone weighs. I don't know why, it's not like I will be able to prove if I was close or not. But it's everywhere, the gym, the grocery store, the mall, the movies, even the pool where I guestimate the weights of women who are wearing bikini's. And all I'm really trying to guess is if I would look that good at 180, or 170 pounds. ( my guess of their weight )

IDK, am I the only one who does this?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 AM   #2  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

You are not the only one. I play this game all the time. I wrote about it a little bit ago. I kinda feel bad because I am sure when my mind drifts to "What size is she .. . mode" I am sure that I look like a creep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhai View Post
Funny you should mention this. For the last three weeks, I have had the burning and nagging desire to approach women and ask them their weight. Although I will probably never get up the courage, I have thought up a million different possible nice ways to ask the question. I have even walked through the set up, explanation and begging their pardon. However, I have not done it yet. I am on a college campus most days and there are plenty of people passing to wonder how much they weight. I just wanna poll about 100 people. I would tell them the entire truth. "I am in the process of losing weight and would like to have a idea of what other individuals weigh". I know this is not a polite thing to do but, I think about it everyday as I am walking across campus.

I have been thinking over the few weeks about what I might possible look like at different weights. There was another thread that many members listed their clothing size height and weight. Since we all vary and are made up differently, it is hard for me to practice visualization. When I work out, I like to try to visualize the healthier and smaller me. This is very hard for me. I have also been asked what person I would like to look like when I am done. I have no idea! So, perception is a hard thing to deal with, on both sides of the fence.

If I am thinking that "normal sized people" around me are 130lbs and they are really 180, it means that I may be chasing something that isn't even that "normal". But, let me say that I didn't chase a "normal" to get up to 267 or 230 lbs. So, maybe I should just leave "normal" alone. Everyone says that when your body gets to its correct weight, you will know. I hope so.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yeah. I do that. I've also been known to ask my husband, "am I as big as her?" I really don't think I have a clear picture of my real size.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 08-19-2009 at 08:53 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #4  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I do not do that per se, however I do something similar. For whatever reason, I am always comparing myself to others. So much infact my husband now points out whenever we are out and about, see that gal in the blue shirt, you and her are about the same size, or sometimes it is you have the same shape as that chick over there. And yanno every stinkin time, I'm like really???? So odd, because every time the person looks a lot smaller than me according to my eyes. It's kinda a game to me, find the person that looks similar weight wise or shape wise to me and then tell me. Oh yeah and whenever he does, I don't believe it to be true. I then find people who I think I look like and point them out to him, and he is like honey, you are way way smaller than her! I guess I still have bad body dismorphe issues. But man, I still like playing "the compare game" and we play it often!!!!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #5  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I really don't think I have a clear picture of my real size.
I don't try and guess how much others weigh, but I can agree with this sentence. Knowing the numbers - my measurements, weight, fat%, etc, gives me control over things.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 227.8/226.6/150

Height: 5'2"

OMG evilwomaniamshe
I am just like that!I do not have a clear picture of how I look like. Everytime we go out, I bug my husband if I look like 'her' or 'her' or 'her'.
He gets tired of all this now. He never really pointed to anyone and said you look just like her.. YET
But I think I sometimes imagine myself thinner and at times a lot bigger too.

But to answer the original question, I donot try to guess the weight but when I think someone is pretty, I will tell myself, you will be too once you get to certain weight, :-)
niru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I kinda do it. But I think the reason is I have no clue how I really look (size-wise), so I am always trying to figure out if I look like her... or her...
Remember that show (can't think of the name of it) where they'd have a line up of different sized ladies and the subject would have to pick where they'd fit in - they were always WAY off.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who does that.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'm a women's health care provider and so I weigh people for a living!

I used to be able to guess people's weight before they stepped on the scale.

You sort of needed to be able to guess whether you needed to bump the scale thingie over 200 or 250 to avoid embarrassing people.

What I do know, from a lifetime of seeing women without their clothes on is that perfect bodies are definitely in the minority. Fat rolls, droopy boobs... most of us don't look that great...

I wish I'd known that when I was a teen and felt so bad about myself...sigh...
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I think I do that, too. I honestly think most of the women in the world lower their weight by about 30 pounds if you ask them, though, so the survey thing wouldn't be very accurate. My best friend is a tiny thing and she just can't believe that I'll tell people how much I weigh and post it here. She would NEVER tell anyone what she weighed and if she did, she'd lie. And she's seriously a size 2 or 4.

I think a good way to really know your size is to have your picture taken without your head. Something about seeing the body disconnected from your face makes it more real. I know it sounds crazy, but it's how we help kids see their bodies as they really are when we're treating an eating disorder. Same reality check for obesity.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/219/195

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Yeah. I do that. I've also been known to ask my husband, "am I as big as her?" I really don't think I have a clear picture of my real size.
This is my big thing too! I am always asking my husband that! (I've found out that when I was at my biggest I didn't have a clue what I looked like in my head; and that problem is only worse as I lose weight.)
Skinny Genes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #12  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I often wonder about people's weight and I very often compare myself to people. I will ask my boyfriend or daughter all the time if someone we see is fatter than me. I know this is somewhat wrong of me, but I get a jolt of happiness if they tell me I look better.

Recently my boyfriend has been pointing out women who don't have weight issues as to what he thinks I will look like once I get to goal. That is much better than comparing myself to the morbidly obese.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #13  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

hazzah !! im not the only one !! my husband was trying to hint at me that i was nuts i too nag my husband about if im bigger/smaller than other women we randomly see in the street ..... lolz hes going nuts i too also dont have a clue as to what my body really looks like ... all i see is something i dont wanna see ..... i hope these issues clear up ,

ubergirl seriously if someone could have told us all that we know now back then .... life would have been great .... when i was a teenager i was about a size 8 and 145 - 150 pounds and i was convinced that i was as big as free willy i was certain that all of my friends - but me of course looked good ..... i hated myself ... id give anything to go back there ....
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #14  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I am convinced that I have never met anyone fatter than me IRL. My husband says that this is absolutely untrue, but I have never not been the fattest person in the room.

I also relax a bit if there are other fat people around. Like somehow in my head I have fat comrades to take the abuse with (even though in the grownup world there is rarely abuse to be taken, I am always waiting for it).
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I do this ALL the time! I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one.

I also look at women around my size, shape, and height, and I wonder if I'm bigger or smaller than them.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote