Birthday week begins

• Well, tomorrow's my birthday and the festivities start tonight with my roomie making dinner for myself, my sister and a friend. The menu is bourbon old fashioneds, BBQ babyback ribs, corn on the cob, baked potatoes and biscuits. Dessert is a Grand Marnier angelfood cake with Grand Marnier glaze topped with Grand Marnier sauce. Then tomorrow I'm having lunch with my two sisters, Thursday one of my sisters and I are going to some small towns to walk around and have lunch and stop for frozen custard, Friday is lunch with my Mom. Saturday I'm back to normal eating. Heaven help me, I'm going to need to work HARD at the gym this week to keep the scale from moving upwards! LOL

But as many of you chickies pointed out recently, I'm blessed to have alot of people wanting to celebrate my birthday with me so I'm going to enjoy this week.
  • Good for you! Have a great time and a wonderful birthday
  • Happy B-day!

Any weight gain will come off quickly and it is a special event. Enjoy the time with your friends and family and try not to stress too much about the food. Life is meant to be lived

Tonight I'm meeting some friends of mine for drinks and I've been stressing about it thinking that it might wreck a good week with food and exercise. But I can't think that way. Unhealthy choices are the exception and not the rule
  • Oh my, it was worse than I thought. Roomie put out crackers and cheese and herring in cream sauce and liver sausage for appetizers and I ate some. Then a huge salad, 4 ribs, 1/2 baked potato, 1/2 ear of corn, 1 biscuit, then a slice of the cake w/ sauce plus a scoop of vanilla ice cream with homemade black raspberry sauce, plus two double bourbon old fashioneds AND two chocolate martinis. Now granted, back in the day I'd have eaten a WHOLE ear of corn and a WHOLE baked potato PLUS a whole RACK of ribs plus way more of the rest of the stuff than I did tonight - but I'm still afraid to weigh tomorrow.
    I'm going to be making VERY light choices the rest of this week, birthday celebration or no. I'm trying not to be a stick in the mud but eating like that isn't MY idea of a happy birthday!
  • Don't feel guilty for celebrating your birthday. My last birthday my parents took me out to eat to a nice restaurant and I didn't get what I really wanted because I was trying to lose weight. I later regretted it because what I got wasn't very good. Enjoy yourself and have a happy birthday!!
  • Happy BDAY to my BDAY Buddy! Enjoy...

• Look, you exercised restraint with some of those foods. That is the good news, and that is what it's about. You'll get better as time goes on. Hang in there--short term weight gain is easily dealt with, so don't let a blip derail your plan.

Jay