Old 08-17-2009, 03:06 PM   #16  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishkitty View Post
I've been feeling so good about myself, my weight loss and journey... how far I've come... so many of my friends are just AMAZED at my change this past year... my body feels amazing and different and new to me... my energy and health are incredibly, amazingly better, etc etc and I could go on....The only light in all this was my bf, obviously. He's too good to be true, I swear.
This part of your life is reality --- this is where you live and what you do and who you are. And it is AMAZING! You are uncovering your own strengths and realizing you have wonderful people all around you cheering you on.

The stuff those jerks say in the 3 minutes that they intersect with you? That is nothing. It isn't real, it isn't factual and it really has very little to do with you. Give them back courtesy and restraint --- no reason to give them an excuse to get even uglier --- and forget them the minute the door hits their lame behinds on the way out of your business.

I know in some way it hurts no matter who is doing the insulting, but I would really work on not giving a tinker's dang what such trivial, ineffectual and unimportant people think.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #17  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Whooo! Starfishkitty is my sister! Yeah, i just tend to ignore what people have to say. Just keeping my head up high! Yet, it gets difficult sometimes to keep it up when people are weighing you down. :|
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #18  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfishkitty View Post
That that's how guys work... when a chick they want doesn't want them back, they insult her.
That is so true!... sadly. I had it happen a couple months back. I went to hang out with a guy friend and he thought it meant more than it did. He totally threw himself on me and attacked me with his lips. Not cool. When I didn't react how he wanted he got pissed. He started being a total jerk to me. His own brother (my best friend's husband) was even the one who told me that this way why he was insulting me and being rude to my face now. Nice... we're sadly not friends anymore and I still have to see him time and again.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Yuck! People can be really awful. I agree, you're losing weight, they'll always be stupid.

Regardless, as long as you act with grace in these situations (at least in front of them), you will always know that you are better than them. Don't sink to there level.

Good job on your progress so far!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #20  

Just popped in to give you a as it looks like you've already received some great comments from the others.

You rock and now it's time you walk in that! Rock on girlie!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #21  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Thanks for the pick me up guys.

It's just been a stressful week for me, and this just made me SNAP. Normally I would have done like some of you suggested... just rolled my eyes, smile at them and walk away. Which usually irritates them even more, but they shut up. I just think my week was too stressful from other things for me to take it as well as I normally would have.

Before all this self strengthening and inner core working, etc, I probably would have collapsed into my room with disgust and despair. But this just made me angry and upset for a little bit, venting here and to my sweetie was all I needed to feel better. I'm still a little ticked and stressed feeling... but it's subsiding rapidly.

A year ago, two years ago, THREE YEARS AGO especially.... oh man. I really HAVE come a long way. Amazing what taking care of your health can do....

Kae: Seriously, once he told me all that I thought about it and I was like Hum. MAAAYBE.... cos you know what? I've literally had guys in the past hit on me, be all about me... but when I turn them down.... they literally flip out, rave at me, and call me a fat b*tch. I mean, wtf? Lame?

Hannah: Thanks Hannah. Good to see my little sister took my advice and checked out 3FC. See ya... at home? lol
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #22  

You're welcome and hi Hannah! Welcome aboard!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You are doing amazingly well--keep up your good work--you worked your *** off to get this far--don't let a bunch of cowards get the better of you.

I agree with not liking human beings in general. I SO have those days. Too many actually.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #24  

Height: 5'11"

I remember awhile back, someone gave us a nice list of good things to say when people are rude. I kind of like this one for your situation today: "Oh, what a thoughtless comment! You must be so embarassed!" It almost sounds as if this guy was trying to give you a compliment in his man-backwards way, but it turned out to be very back-handed indeed.

I had a lady at the mini-mart do that to me one time. I was the customer, she was someone I used to work with years ago (pre baby). She looked me in the eye and said, "Wow, you've really put on weight, haven't you?" I was stunned and said, sarcastically, "Oh, thanks." She says, "Oh, no, I didn't mean that in a BAD way."

Oh. You meant to call me fat in the GOOD way. My mistake!

Anyway....I am sad at the thought of your day turning out badly because of this. Treasure that man of yours; he's a keeper.

Last edited by Windchime; 08-17-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
She says, "Oh, no, I didn't mean that in a BAD way."

Oh. You meant to call me fat in the GOOD way. My mistake!
See its like this... "Foot, this is mouth...Mouth this is foot."
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 290/280/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hugs to you Starfishkitty. Some people truly suck but you can't let them steal your thunder. You have accomplished a great deal don't let their ignorance bring you down. Hold your head up.

Let me at them. I'll kick them in the arse
jrsygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #27  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

That's so ridiculous. For the life of me I'll never understand why some people, and to be truthful some men over women, feel they can just run off at the mouth like that.

I wish so much you could speak back to them and point out how they're bald, smelly, stupid ... but I know you can't. The only thing I can say is these people really aren't worth a smidge -- I mean, who goes out of their way to hurt someone by digging at them like a child when you don't get your way? Just disgusting!

chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

You know, when people are mad (immature people that is...) they are going to find the ONE thing to say that they think will get you the most upset. That's just the way it is. If you are overweight, it is such an easy attack...if you have obviously lost a bunch of weight, that is an easy target too. It could be anything...just think back to about 4th grade; that's the mentality.

Guys are just SO sure that what they say about our appearance is just SOOOOOO important to us that they almost always use that in their immature attacks. Whatever ...I've gotten where it doesn't even phase me anymore. Besides, I can sink to their level and LOWER if I feel the need to. I can be wicked with my tongue when the need presents itself. I've cut more then one jerk down to size in my day. Not my proudest achievement but I can play dirty too. The trick is to not let their comments bother you...and MEAN it. Now if I hear anything like that, I don't feel bad about me I just think about how much more ignorant they look and sound as I keep shrinking and they keep wanting what they can't have!

I am glad you said something and got it out of your system. Now you can objectively use that comment for what it really was...a bunch of guys talking about a girl they can't have. Can you say, bitter? I guarantee if you strutted yourself past anyone of them and gave them a flirty glance, they'd be all over you like white on rice. Bitter. That's it.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #29  
Finding my wings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickiegirl View Post
That's so ridiculous. For the life of me I'll never understand why some people, and to be truthful some men over women, feel they can just run off at the mouth like that.

I wish so much you could speak back to them and point out how they're bald, smelly, stupid ... but I know you can't. The only thing I can say is these people really aren't worth a smidge -- I mean, who goes out of their way to hurt someone by digging at them like a child when you don't get your way? Just disgusting!

I totally agree!! It's like... grow up!! Oh wait, you're 49?? What the HECK happened to YOU??

It's just frustrating.

But for the most part, I don't let them get to me too much..... it just sucks how it always seems to happen on a day that I'm PARTICULARILY feeling wonderful about myself.... though I'll admit I'm having quite a few of those lately ... that they seem to do it. It almost makes it a harder blow...

But oh well. Their bad karma.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #30  
Finding my wings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsarah View Post
Can you say, bitter? I guarantee if you strutted yourself past anyone of them and gave them a flirty glance, they'd be all over you like white on rice. Bitter. That's it.
I hate to toot my own horn... but with some of them I know that's true for a fact. How pathetic of them!