Welcome Your Advice!

• I am Ipren and had a duodenal switch weight loss surgery in April 2009. I have lost about 52 pounds since then. My goal is to be at 125 pounds and this means losing another 44 pounds.

I was losing more pounds right after the surgery. Is this normal? Does anybody have some suggestions about what to eat and what not to eat because I want very much to reach my goal and I think that what I am eating may not be appropriate. For instance, some times I have one slice of multi-grain bread for breakfast, some fruits for lunch, and 2 tablespoons of rice with 2 ounces of salmon for dinner. I do have at least four cups of regular coffee with 3 splenda and 2 ounces of half and half per cup. When I feel like eating something, I would have a dozen of cashew. Unfortunately I am not exercising because I was told that I have to wait a year after the surgery. I could walk but have not been able too because I am recovering from foot surgery.

Anyone has any advice for me?

Thank you.

Ipren
  • Hello!

I see you've posted over in the Weight Loss Surgery Forum also, so hopefully you'll get some responses.

I just wanted to say that the best resource for you to consult is your doctor or dietitian. How much you should be eating depends on what kind of surgery you have had, and it's pretty specialized information. So--check with your doc!

Jay
  • I was thinking the same thing. Speak with your docs. They're your best resource. Use them! Don't hesitate to call with any and every question you've got.
  • Thanks!
    Thanks a Bunch!