Feeling discouraged until I realized

• I am relatively new to posting in this particular group although I frequently follow what is happening here. I have almost 100 pounds to lose to reach my first goal of 175 pounds. I was at that weight when I was in high school and felt and looked great. I will re-evaluate things once I get there and decide then if that is my final goal or if I want to lose a bit more

I am slowly losing weight by keeping track of what I eat and trying to get more exercise. I weigh myself every day and use my Sunday morning weigh in as my official loss record. I was getting discouraged since I am now only losing a small amount each week (sometimes only 0.2 pounds in a week). But I looked back over the past many Sunday weight recordings and found that I have lost something each and every week since the end of March!!! That makes 19 consecutive weeks with a loss (with the exception of one weekend away where I did not have a scale on Sunday and posted no change from the previous week on the Monday morning when I returned). Since then I have lost nearly 20 pounds

I do however need to work a bit harder and get the exercise going again. I am impatient with less than a half pound a week but I will take it as long as I keep moving down all the time. I was unable to exercise much for the past while as I had abdominal surgery six weeks ago (the dr just cleared me of all restrictions the other day) and now I am able to get back onto the exercise routine - that should help speed up the loss some!

I plan to hang around here more and be encouraged by all that I read here.
  • Kudos to you!! Keep at it
  • You can do it! Keep your goals close at heart and keep pushing through.
  • That's great that you are doing it and continuing to lose the weight. I have terrible weeks and put back 3lbs and then have to start again. You are doing a great job! I look forward to reading more of your posts.
  • great job! Keep it up! any loss is better than a gain!
  • That is a great attitude, downward bound!