Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Feeling discouraged until I realized

I am relatively new to posting in this particular group although I frequently follow what is happening here. I have almost 100 pounds to lose to reach my first goal of 175 pounds. I was at that weight when I was in high school and felt and looked great. I will re-evaluate things once I get there and decide then if that is my final goal or if I want to lose a bit more

I am slowly losing weight by keeping track of what I eat and trying to get more exercise. I weigh myself every day and use my Sunday morning weigh in as my official loss record. I was getting discouraged since I am now only losing a small amount each week (sometimes only 0.2 pounds in a week). But I looked back over the past many Sunday weight recordings and found that I have lost something each and every week since the end of March!!! That makes 19 consecutive weeks with a loss (with the exception of one weekend away where I did not have a scale on Sunday and posted no change from the previous week on the Monday morning when I returned). Since then I have lost nearly 20 pounds

I do however need to work a bit harder and get the exercise going again. I am impatient with less than a half pound a week but I will take it as long as I keep moving down all the time. I was unable to exercise much for the past while as I had abdominal surgery six weeks ago (the dr just cleared me of all restrictions the other day) and now I am able to get back onto the exercise routine - that should help speed up the loss some!

I plan to hang around here more and be encouraged by all that I read here.

Last edited by econ nerd; 08-13-2009 at 03:48 PM.
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Kudos to you!! Keep at it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #3  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

You can do it! Keep your goals close at heart and keep pushing through.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

That's great that you are doing it and continuing to lose the weight. I have terrible weeks and put back 3lbs and then have to start again. You are doing a great job! I look forward to reading more of your posts.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

great job! Keep it up! any loss is better than a gain!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That is a great attitude, downward bound!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote