Kinda back to where I started!

• I packed on weight when I moved in with my first boyfriend and we first started having problems, which actually got much worse than I was willing to admit. I was at my most miserable when I bloated up to my highest weight. Coincidence? We all know the vicious cycle of eating too much of the wrong things because we're miserable, and being miserable because we're eating too much of the wrong things. I really wasn't happy back then, and I guess I kept eating while I tried to convince myself things were better than they actually were.

I'd already struggled with my weight as it was, but I gained over 80 pounds in the span of two years.

And when I finally got off my duff and started to lose the weight, the BF fought me every step of the way. While I lost a fair amount I still had a ways to go when I hit my plateau. We've since broken up, and I'm now much happier with a guy that's much more supportive of me. And just recently I've manage to lose a bit more . . .

Anyway, I made an interesting realization today. Since I'm back in my 270's again, I'm right at the weight I was back when I was still single! In a strange way, it brings a certain amount of closure to a very dark period in my life.

I have a feeling things will keep getting better.
  • Keep up the positive attitude and good things will happen !!
  • I think they will too! glad to hear you're rid of the negative influence your ex put in your life!!!! Congrats on your loss!
  • Congrats girl and I'm glad to hear he's your "ex" now!
  • Sounds like you're in a much better place!!! Things most certainly WILL keep on getting better.... and better.... and better.... It's all upward and DOWNward (the scale).

• You are amazing! Keep up the great attitude and work
  • With that attitude and that effort, things definitely Will get better! woohoo!
  • Good work! Emotional baggage is just as hard to shed as physical pounds...and just as damaging. Just look at how many of both you have lost over these last months. Bravo!!
  • Good for you!!

Just remember that NO man is worth your health, (& sanity!! ) NONE! When someone, (anyone) tries to control you, it is time to kick them to the curb and MOVE ON!