3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Taking Credit for Weight we've Lost. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/178619-taking-credit-weight-weve-lost.html)

VickieLou 08-07-2009 04:22 PM

Taking Credit for Weight we've Lost.

Sometime we get caught up in watching the scale to go down, and get discourged. We should take credit for the weight we have already lost. We sometimes forget all the good dieting and exercise we did to get that weight off. Maybe, this time of year especially is harder to diet because of vacations, family re-unions, and so on. But we should try not to be so hard on ourselves. That's something I'm going to work on.

princess jen 08-07-2009 04:27 PM

i agree

i totaly agree. A few times in the past month i have gotten off the scale thinking What The.... then told myself... dont worry about it, you have lost a lot... and will continue... the lbs didnt all come in one day it took 32 years!

lottie63 08-07-2009 04:27 PM

True.

scarletmeshell 08-07-2009 04:38 PM

LOL! I have had a few of those What the.... moments myself! We need to love ourselves more!

dragonwoman64 08-08-2009 09:17 AM

I hear you on that one! Last night, I pulled out my journal that I've been keeping for years. It's pretty detailed, with dates, lbs lost/gained/maintained, graphs, journal entries, inches, the whole nine yards. I couldn't help thinking, for some periods of time when I really waffled up and down with the same set of 5 lbs for weeks, how I ever had the wherewithal to not get discouraged and quit.

if I had, I wouldn't be almost 80 lbs thinner now. 80 freakin' lbs, that's a lot of weight to have off my body. wow.

canadianangel 08-08-2009 09:38 AM

I use to get discouraged and really ard on myself...but i have learned,,baby steps..are the best answer for me...and im making it a life style change for the present and future, i dont call it a diet.

ang

Onederchic 08-11-2009 08:00 PM

I agree!! :)

starfishkitty 08-12-2009 02:26 AM

Cheers to that!!

Even after losing the weight I've lost... sometimes the snitty skinny girls (who obviously have never had a weight problem in their life) look at me like "Hah, fat chick..." and I just want to be like "Listen, I've lost 1/3 of your entire body weight. Do you think YOU have the strength to do that???"

Minya 08-12-2009 02:50 AM

A very good point and what's even better is that there are less staring people as you continue losing. I've noticed! I haven't had any negative weight comments in two years :D

60 pounds gone, 80 to go lol! i can do eet!!! So can you!

time2lose 08-12-2009 08:23 AM

I agree. Sometimes I am hard on myself because I have not lost 100+ pounds in a year but then I try to focus on what I have lost, 63 pounds. I should lose a few more before I hit the one year mark but even if I don't, I am soooooo much better off than I was this time last year! :dizzy: In several ways I have had a rough year, I need to be understanding with myself about the speed of weight loss.

Normally I am an over-achiever and very competitive. I want to be the best. If I can't be extremely good at something, I want to quit. :?: That mentality has hurt me in the past and I am learning that sometimes, good enough is good enough.

Maybe if I don't compete well in speed, I can hold out to do well in the number of pounds lost. :devil:

chickiegirl 08-12-2009 08:30 AM

Good thought, Vickie Lou. I think a key component of success is getting rid of that all or nothing attitude, realizing that you will slip, then you correct and keep on. It's not about punishing yourself for cheating on your diet anymore. It's about learning to live a new lifestyle.

And yes, congrats to all of us fabulous ladies (and men) for our success so far! It wasn't easy, that's for sure!!

ChrissyBean 08-12-2009 11:12 AM

I agree. I find it hardest to appreciate the weight I've lost when I'm stagnating on a plateau and see the same old fleshy Chrissy in the mirror, day after day.

Slashnl 08-12-2009 11:16 AM

I think this thread is very timely. I've noticed a lot of negativity directed inward. I don't know if it is the time of year, getting over vacations and maybe not having good food choices. But it doesn't help to get down on ourselves. I do think you need to own it if you have gotten off track, but then forgive yourself and move on.

I know that I am so much better off now than I was back in March when I started back on track. I feel good about my almost 32 pounds gone.

Trazey34 08-12-2009 02:41 PM

I agree! My loss has been sllllloooowwwwwwwwwwww but that's OK! Every month I don't gain anything back is a VICTORY!!! The more I learn about weight loss, the more disheartened I get ~ it seems like 99% of people gain it back and then some! Sure, they might lose it again, but then gain it again too. I"M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN lol so if it takes me 5 years to finally get there, that's ok. I'm doing OK and I can live with all the changes, so that's good enough for me! I'd rather lose it ONCE and take 5 years, than lose it in 6 months and have to lose it again 3 or 4 times that 5 years if you get hwat i mean :D

IHeartMe 08-12-2009 03:24 PM

Thank You! I really appreciate this thread. On Monday I was so depressed all day because I weighed myself and I hadn't lost anything since the Wednesday before. Of course I started the whole "what did I do wrong" thing. It basically ruined my mood and my entire day. Funny thing is, the next morning I had lost almost 3 lbs. I have promised myself to only weigh in once a week because I can't handle the up's and down's in my weight. When I do get discouraged next time, I will remember this thread and think of the lbs already gone!