ALSO on the topic of scales...

• Is there ANY scale out there that will store your weight, and when you reweigh, it ONLY shows a PLUS or MINUS from the previous weight?

I was thinking that this would be perfect...you could weigh on day 1, say at 200 lbs. The next weigh in would read, say, +0.5 or -1.0.

This way, you know the TREND without obsessing about the number...

Any such scale out there?

Kira
  • Oh I don't know about that, sorry.

The scale here, you can store it then when you store it the next time, it will show a +/-.
  • Kira, how about one that just shouted "Right on!" if you lost, "Woo hoo! You're maintaining!" if you're the same, and "keep at it, you can do it!" if you gained. I'm all about the positive reinforcement...
  • We SO need a patent...

Kira
  • Yes there is, it's the mary lou retton scale I believe, and it talks to you itd oesnt' have a screen.

I am pretty sure I read about it on a 3fc members blog here.
  • Yippee! There IS one!
    BOO!! There goes the patent...
    Figures, I'm always the second one in on these things...

Kira
  • I have a healthometer scale from walmart I paid about $30. it lets you set goals, and save your current weight. then it tells you how much you gained/loss(shows up and down arrows), then how much you have to go until you reach your goal weight. it also tells you your bmi. it's a pretty good scale, I had it for a couple years now.
  • http://www.marylousweigh.com/Product...(MLWBase).aspx
  • Quote: I have a healthometer scale from walmart I paid about $30. it lets you set goals, and save your current weight. then it tells you how much you gained/loss(shows up and down arrows), then how much you have to go until you reach your goal weight. it also tells you your bmi. it's a pretty good scale, I had it for a couple years now.
    I have a Healthometer scale also. Mine keeps the weight for 2 people. You weigh yourself and the next time you get on it weighs you and tells you how much you've gained or loss.
    I'm about ready to throw mine out the window and it said I gained 4 lbs in the past week......well it was Memorial Day weekend and all we ate was BBQ .....oh woe is me.
  • Yes, I reviewed the Mary Lou's Weigh scale on my blog a long time ago. I have it but don't like it as much. Every day it just says whether you gained or lost from the last weigh in, and then when you hit ten pounds gone it "celebrates" and resets. It's nice but I don't like my weight loss or gain broadcast to the entire family at 7am.