Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #1  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Default What do you do?

Lately I have been struggling with food. It is like the "binge monster" part of myself wants to make a reappearance. How is it I can be totally fine with eating healthy and enjoying my food...then another day want to eat the crap that got me so huge in the first place? I don't understand this. I thought it has been a long length of time. I guess it is my old habits are testing me. I need to remember I can breathe easier when I walk,and I do have more energy.

I've stopped weighing myself...I started to get compulsively obsessed again--not a good thing. I about lost it when I exercised really hard for 2 hours and nothing happened on the scale the next day, my water intake was 12 glasses too. I stayed within my caloric allowance for the day.

I am afraid to eat more calories. I've been averaging around 1200-1400. If you've lost weight by eating more calories(nutritious, healthy ones) I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I was, for a long time even into my journey, believed that less was more when it came to calories. I learned from 3FC, that is not true. I started my journey eating under 1000 calories a day . I upped it to 1000 for awhile then 1100. Now I have 2 days at 1200, 3 days at 1600 and 2 days at 1400 and I am chugging along pretty fair, I'd say

Good luck!!
Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think sometimes we don't make the connection between calories that are to low for us (which is different for everyone, but 1200-1400 could certainly do it) and binging, just because it's delayed for a day or more. But if you commonly eat low calories and feel fine on *those* days, but have recurrent binging problems, I think you have to consider that the low calorie days are causing the binges. You can think of it this way: with the binges, you're averaging higher anyway, so you don't really have anything to lose by increasing your average and decreasing the binges.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I run a range rather than a specific number on my daily calories. I know if my daily calories go below 1300 one day or I have a deficit of greater than 1500 calories, I will be hungry the next day or possibly the day after that. So, I go on the 1300-1600 range with a focus of trying to keep at about 1400 deficit a day.
quiffy is offline   Reply With Quote