Accountability/Menu/Planning 3 - 9 August

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey lovelies!

How goes it? I've finally shaken the cold, so that's got to be a good thing.

I had a very quiet weekend - I didn't go to the gym. I intended to, but got part way there and realised I'd forgotten my towel and by the time I got home, I wouldn't have made my class. Such is life really. It was a productive weekend, though. I had a massive clean out and clean up and this place looks barely recognisable. I'm going to try and keep it looking this way - seriously, I live by myself. It shouldn't get too untidy - but it does...

Anyway, back to the gym today and did weights. I already know that I'm going to be sore tomorrow - the cardio workout will be fun.

Work was OK - we had a day of computer issues which is always frustrating. Never mind - tomorrow is another day.

Have fun, everyone!
  • Good Morning!!! Back to reality today...ugh, it was tough getting up this am....good thing one of the dogs was ready to get up....

nicolen--YEA for feeling better! That's funny...I often tell dh that it's incredible how messy our house gets because it's only two adults who live there!

So, back on track (again!) today. I have my healthy lunch all packed, gym clothes are in the car waiting for me....

Good news on the scale this morning....I was down 2.4lbs! Of course, I gained a bit while on vacation, but the fact that it is coming off already is a great sign!!!!

I am already drinking water (something I slacked w/ over vacation) and I remembered to pull out my calendar to keep track of my OP days.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
  • Heya nicolen, great to hear you're feeling better

mj5, good job on the water!

todays menu: 1529 cals

b: banana bread oatmeal (weight control)
    s: Cherry essence prunes (2 serv)
    l: morningstar garden burger w/ 1 slice cheese on arnolds sandwich thin with saute'd sweet potatoes
    s: soy nuts
    d: black bean chili w/ cheddar and sour cream

Oh and I"m adding in an extra 20 mins of resistance cord for this week!
  • Hi again! Ugh...I am starting to hear that evil little voice in my head telling me how much I do NOT have to go to the gym. Luckily, I am popping in here then I will go get some more water, and I will drown out that stupid voice! LOL!!!! Truth be told, I am tired....first day back from vacation stinks...I have read a zillion e-mails, notes, etc and I still have a HUGE stack on my desk of stuff I need to go through/take care of. It's ok, though. One thing at a time. What REALLY stinks is that I am on call starting today...welcome back from vacation...here's the on-call phone for a week. Oh well, someone has to do it and it's my turn.

I WILL go to the gym. I am going to do 30 mins of cardio today. I will re-start weights tomorrow. There I said it, now I have to do it!
  • You best get your butt to that gym lady!

The longer you put it off the less and less you will want to do it. Don't get sucked into that 'too tired' trap. Maybe you're tired because you have'nt been exercising? My energy is through the roof now that i"m exercising regularly (and my sleep is awesome too!)

GET OUT THERE! I'm right there with ya, at 430, I'm gonna do some My Fitness Coach, then at 730 I"m gonna do some resistance band, then at 930 I'm gonna cool down with some yoga! I can do it so can you.
  • Hey everyone. I had a busy weekend. Got very sunburned while signing my son up for football. That happens when you are standing in line for 3 hours, outside. Sheesh, there has to be a better way to do it than that. But, I heard that if you go there earlier, they waited even longer. Crazy. (I think it is because men are in charge... sorry, that's bad.)

The really good thing was my weigh-in. I lost 2.8, for a total of 30. It was funny. I got on the scale, and the 0's started moving across the little screen as it thought about how much to show me. I kept saying to myself not to be disappointed if I didn't make it yet, but I was so thrilled to see exactly 30 gone. Yay! I took initial pictures at 287, then at 15 pounds gone and I'll take more tonight. I'm happy, but can't stop now. I still have a lot to go.

Lottie: You tell MJ! Ha! (Besides, I worked out today, she should, too!) By the way, what do you do with the resistance band? Different exercises?

MJ: You better do what Lottie says! You will feel better if you go. Good job with the water, by the way.

Nicolen: Glad you are doing better. Don't worry about being sore. It's the good kind of sore. ha!
  • Slashnl,

here is a sparkpeople instructional video on how to use the resistance band. It's a 5 min lower body workout video. Just as an example. They have many videos there for resistance bands.

Also, in the dvd I use with my band, I wrap the band around my hand once or twice to increase resistance.

You really feel it the next day!

forgot the link! *LOL*

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1189

They also make bands with low, medium, and high resistance. Mine is medium.
  • Good Morning!

lottie--THANK YOU!! I didn't see your response until this morning, but if I need to, I may re-read it this afternoon! You are exactly right...once I find my 'groove', I have much more energy and I don't have to 'fight myself' to work out.

Diane--Ouch..hope the sunburn doesn't hurt too bad. YEA!!!! CONGRATS!!! Thanks, I need a kick in the bootie from time to time!

Thanks for the encouragement! I am proud to say I DID go to the gym and I did my cardio!!!! Of course I felt great afterwards!!!! I put my sticker on my calender this morning...only 13 to go and I can wear my new lip gloss!

Plan for today is legs/back (weights) and cardio.

I have my healthy lunch packed. My water bottles all clean AND I even made some decaf iced tea to take, too. I LOVE plain iced tea. This time I made white tea....yum!

Hi to everyone else...pop in and let us know how you are doing!!!

Ok, I really need to start getting ready for work!!!

Have a great OP day! I'm sure I'll be around later!
  • mj5, good on you for hitting the gym!

Heya ladies, I'm eating an early breakfast (before noon is early for me, bf works late so our meals are screwy) and then going to the mall. I know I shouldn't be buying clothes but seriously my clothes are either all black or in tatters. I NEED NEW ONES, BADLY.

So, bf is taking me out and buying me some new jeans and a few tops and panties. YAY. I'm going to buy everythign a little snug so that it fits longer. I find that these days I have a few shirts that are 18/20, they fit, and bf loves when I wear them because he's used to me wearing bigger things. but honestly they "JUST" fit. So I might get some other 18/20's so they last longer, when the 'old me' would feel hopeless and buy the 22/24 which is what i was wearing in january!

I have a coupon for Lane Bryant! yay! Spend 150 get 50 off.

Also, we'll be walking up a giant hill to get back from the mall and I can't wait to see if it's easier now than it was back when I wasn't exercising.
    Also, we are going to Fridays, which is like, my FAVE restaurant.

today's menu: 1359 cals

b: weight control maple syrup oatmeal
    s: soy nuts
    l: Strawberry fields salad
    s: 4 egg whites and 2 slices of cheese
    d: Mexican Pita Pizza w/ Guacamole (if anyone wants the recipe I posted it on spark, here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=714059)
    s: Cherry essence prunes

Today is going to be great!
  • Heya girlies! Yesterday WAS great, awesomey and fantastic. I went over by about 400 calories, because we went out so early that by the time dinner rolled around we were STARVING. So, I made some brown rice with our pita pizzas, and had some fruit. I'm not even upset about it and not demonizing food, which is really important for me. At least I over ate on healthy nutritious food. and even at that, not all that much.

today's menu: 1249

b: weight control maple oatmeal, 1 banana
    s: blackberries w/ light whipped cream
    l: 1 cup black bean chili
    s: 1 oz hummus and 1 serv reduced fat wheat thins
    d: Tofu "steak" and onion sandwich, 1 cup sliced sweet potato's sauteed.

Here's to an On Plan day!
  • mj5, in regards to your sausage lasagna, I might have to do that, I found ground "sausage" crumbles at the grocery store, I had no idea what to do with them so I didn't buy them, but might just have to now.

I'm not a fan of fake meat but the texture of crumbles is usually good.
  • Oops...looks like I posted in the wrong thread! Here is what I wrote:

Hi everyone! Wow, it sure is quiet around here! Do I need to threaten to sing again??? LOL!

lottie--that stir fry sounds awesome! Gotta try that too! I make kind-of like a lasagna...using zucchini--I layer peeled, sliced zucchini, sauce, and low fat mozz. This time I made it the day ahead and it sat in the refrig all night....I think it was better that way! I have put low fat/low salt sausage (cooked first) in it too--it adds nice flavor.

sunshine--so glad you are having a nice time!

Darkblue-welcome back! Yes, you can do it. It isn't easy to get back into the routine, but you CAN do it!

Ok, I hate to post and run, but I have my 3rd meeting of the day in a few minutes.....Today will be day 3 OP (yes, I worked out yesterday and WILL today too!) Food is good. Water is good. Phew....I'm getting there!__________________

So far so good tonight. I am running late w/ dinner...shocker!!! But it's pretty warm, so not feeling like eating yet, anyway. Just waiting for the yellow beans to finish steaming. YUM!!! Having some grilled chicken and salad too. I am having some fresh berries (dh picked them from our backyard) w/ a little low fat ice cream tonight...super treat!
  • Good Morning!!!! I am up way, way too early this am....could make for a loooong day, but we'll see! LOL!

lottie--Congrats on the new clothes! I bet you look super hot! That's funny....I just bought new pantys myself! LOL! Mine were way too big! I have some that are too small, too....that's the next goal! I also bought some new 'lounge around the house' pj pants and t-shirts. They were only $3 each at walmart! I need to get rid of some of my old, icky stuff I have been wearing. Plus, when we visit my ils, I like to have something that looks 1/2 way decent to wear around, rather than the grungy crap I wear at home! LOL!!!! My dh used to work nights, so I remember those screwey meal times well....That zucchini casserole is really good w/ out meat too...I started adding meat so my dh would eat it, he used to be very anti-veggi....thank goodness that changed!!! Now he'll eat almost any veggi that I cook, especially if I roast or girll it. Not too long ago, he put some grilled zucchini on top of his hamburger and LOVED it.

Last night I ate a little of my ice cream treat and all of a sudden it just didn't taste great--too sweet and kind of icky. So I didn't eat very much of it.

I will not have time to get to the gym after work today. I plan on walking during lunch, fingers crossed nothing will prevent me from doing this! I have my healthy lunch packed (even packed a healthy lunch for dh)

I have another day w/ lots of meetings. Luckily, they are productive meetings....not just meetings for meetings sake! I probably won't be around again until later. Have a great OP day!!!!!
  • Well I'm feeling a little discouraged today.

It's thursday and so far I haven't lost a single ounce. I feel like I'm doing most things right, eating well and exercising. *sigh*

The only thing I can thin of is that I need to chill out on the olive oil. So I will try reducing that and if that doesn't work I will cut out the dairy. I'm already going to start cutting DOWN on the dairy today, and cutting the olive oil down to about 1 tbls

today: 1720 cals

b: egg white sandwich on whole wheat Arnold sandwich thin, 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries
    s: soy nuts (2 serv)
    l:2 black bean sloppy joes on Arnold sandwich thin w/ 2 slice cheese
    s: banana
    d: Naked Seitan bbq burrito (.5 cup brown rice, .5 cup black beans, 4 oz Setain with bbq sauce) All out of cheese and sour cream today! Prolly for the best (1 tbls olive oil)
  • Okay, so I got a calorie deficit chart from the 'by the numbers' team on sparkpeople.com and it says I should be eating 1717 cals. so I"m going to up them a little and see if that helps.