Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Default Someone thought I was pregnant :-(

Well, I have been waiting for years for someone to assume I was pregnant because of my big belly, but it finally happened. A sweet old lady at church asked when I was due. I just said something like "I'm not pregnant, just fat!" Even though I was not upset with her at all, it still stung. Here's to losing the big belly!

On another note, how can I look at myself daily in the mirror, & even though I know I need to lose weight, most the time I think "it's not that bad...." But whenever I see myself in a photo, especially next to someone who is trim, I look like a huge linebacker
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:17 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I have no clue about the photo thing, I'm like that too.

but I've been waiting for someone to tell me I look pregnant, hasnt' happened yet and hopefully won't since I"m losing, but there is ALWAYS the child who doesnt' know better that says something like, "Why are you fat?" Which is a big reason why I can't STAND kids.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Yep like my 5 yr old nephew who told me my belly was as big as Kate Gosselins when she was preggo with 8 kids and I didnt even have a baby in there
LOL
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

That's why I hate going to BabiesRUs for friend's shower gifts - I go into a panic that someone will assume I'm there for me rather than for someone else. The only thing you can do is dust yourself off, hold your head high, and remind yourself that if you stick to your plan, it won't be that long before no one would think to assume such a thing.

As for the person in the mirror not matching the person in pictures, I don't know anyone fat who doesn't feel that way, myself included. But again the only option is to keep moving forward toward a healthier life. You deserve to be healthy and happy and feel good about yourself.

Last edited by CLCSC145; 07-31-2009 at 06:28 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ug I KNOW how you feel!

I happened to have a few friends who were all due within 1-2 months of each other. SOO I went and bought things off their registry at Babies R Us and took them home. The next day my neighbor asked me "when are you due?"

I looked at her and screamed "I'M NOT PREGNANT!"

Her face fell and I walked inside so upset- I think that night I skipped dinner and said I would never eat again
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #6  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

(hug) I've had people think I'm pregnant, and it's not a nice feeling. I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope you don't take it to heart.

As far as mirror vs. photo- the same thing happens to me. I'm going to have dh take some pics of me for progress, but also for me to really see how big I am and how other people see me.

Keep on working toward your goal weight, slow and steady wins the race.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #7  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I was once the co-owner of a children's resale store. I had a few occasions where I had to tell some well-meaning, yet wrong customer that I wasn't shopping for my intended baby but that I was working.

People see what they want and often assume what they don't know. Don't let it get to you.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #8  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

I get this and I understand...I use to be asked.."didnt you just have a baby? or are you having another!"...Jerks! lol...

My sisters boyfriend told be im a bootydo....Its when your stomach sticks out farther than your booty do! I was pist! Had to laugh it off though...
And I hate pics because they make me look HUGE! I take a pic and get disappointed...
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 365/319/180

Height: 5'11

When I was pregnant not a single person asked and everyone acted shocked when I told them I was...When I was not pregnant, I had people asking when I was due....
HollyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #10  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I think I look like I'm pregnant
maybe about 5 months...
MsDiana 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #11  

I'm so sorry - that would sting!

My husband, who should know better after living with a big girl, has asked that of a couple of big ladies who weren't pregnant. I was so embarrassed!
ShihtzuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Oh I'm so sorry this happened to you! It's happened to me at least FOUR times!! The first time, I actually just pretended that I was pregnant b/c i was so embarrassed that I didnt want to tell this woman that I wasnt!

The second time...I was on a DATE, and the waiter was listing the specials and said to me "and for you and the baby, our chicken whatever whatever would be a great choice.." I was mortified.

third time was actually a nurse at MY DOCTORS OFFICE! she asked me when i was due

the fourth time was a cashier at a dept store and i looked her dead in the eyes and said: I'm not pregnant. She ended up being really embarassed, and i was so glad that she was b/c it just made me so angry.

It sucks, i completely understand how awful it must have felt for you!!

Last edited by DCchick; 07-31-2009 at 09:55 PM.
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:59 AM   #13  

One little kid ran up to me and loudly announced "You're fat!". His mother just giggled and didn't reprimand him or anything.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #14  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

I keep waiting for the day that someone says that to me - hasn't happened yet, but my belly is at that stage that my boobs are kind of resting on the top part of my belly. I think I wear clothes that try to hide my belly, but i think I am just kidding myself.

I have avoided pictures for a very long time, about 15yrs I think. Just on Thursday I was in a golf tournament and I asked if I could see the pictures that the Official photographer guy had taken so far. I deleted all the pictures of me!!!! He didn't know I did it, but I felt so much better afterwards. I looked like a cow.

When I look in the mirror, I don't think I look that bad. But I find that If I make sure I look at my head in proportion to the rest of my body, I get a better picture of what I really look like. If my head was double the size, my body would look somewhat normal, hence I know I am seriously overweight (obese). I hate to say the word, but I AM OBESE!
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Wow! people can be so rude sometimes...
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote