Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 10:48 PM   #1  

Post Brand New Here

Hi All! I'm brand new here and just wanted to introduce myself.

Geographical Location: West Tennessee

Marital Status: Single

Children: None

Occupation: Scheduling Coordinator for a large home health agency.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, quilting, drawing/sketching, singing, geneological study.

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair color: brown/brown

Starting Date of weight loss journey: today

Starting weight: 342

Present weight: 342

Goal weight: I take my goals in "chunks" -- my first goal is 300 lbs. My ultimate goal is 140 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I lose a lot of weight, then I think I can "coast" for a while and I gain a bunch back.

Following any specific plan: Cutting out all sodas and sugared drinks, fast food, and between meals -- after I am successful there, I will set up a balanced meal plan.

What is the difference this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past? I have severe arthritis in my knees and am having a really difficult time walking and having a "normal" life -- I am sick of feeling unwell.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really, really want to do this -- but I am weak and lack willpower. I need some people to be accountable to, and I hope to make some new friends.

Email: [email protected]

Old 07-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

well, hi there, lyric, and welcome aboard!!! there's lots of wisdom and understanding around here, and more than a few lectures. in fact, i feel one coming on. not sure what it is this morning, but this will be my third!!!

you said in your profile that you lack will power and you're weak.

but you're a scheduler for a home health care agency, and your hobbies require a lot of focus and attention. what do you mean you have no will power???? will power is really nothing more than being able to focus on a goal and working to get there.

and you can't sit there and tell me that you're unable to focus on getting your clients the care that they need, or that you can't track down some obscure distant relation. or finish a quilting project, or a sketch.

you HAVE this in you. you've PROVEN it. now, the question is, why are you having trouble applying it to yourself?? what's stopping you??

maybe there's some food for thought in bethanne's dr. phil threads. but, please feel free to explore this and anything else that's on your mind right here with us.

we've all been there and done that, and we're here to put in our two cents.

[[[[[[[[[lyric]]]]]]]]] you've taken the major first step of coming here and asking for some support... and please accept my apologies for the early-morning lecture. but you DO have the ability to do this. you might not have the confidence right now, but you CAN do this.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:07 AM   #3  
Meow!

Hi Lyric and welcome! I'm fairly new here too, but I can assure you that you will find support and encouragement when you need it (and sometimes when you think you don't!)
The ladies here have taken to watching over one another and are so kind and caring...I think it was jiffypop that dubbed herself my "mama hen".
Whenever you feel you need to talk (even if it isn't related!)come on over and post. Someone is usually here, even in the wee hours.
Old 07-05-2002, 10:18 AM   #4  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi Lyric - and welcome!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Crystal....

I am sure you will love it here. I have been here for around 1 month now and I have found this site and this board very supportive. The people here are so friendly and so helpful.

Enjoy and good luck to you.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #6  

Hiya Lyric - welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you, and here when you need us - post often, so we can get to know you even better!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:11 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi lyric I think what you are thinking about is what i deem mindless eating when stressed stuff food in your face. I know how stressfull that job can be (worked in a home care co) but if you doodle rather than stuff you will do great keep your goal in mind, it will be hard. but try also when stressed to stand and sit several times that will make your leg muscles get harder and then you will remember to not stuff your face. (been there done that)

and most importantly is post ehre often that is the key to success. the support that i have found here is the best, and has gotten me out of many stalls, binges, and downfalls.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:50 PM   #8  

Thanks, everyone, for the words of encouragement -- it's great to know that there are people out there that care --

Jiffypop -- no need for an apology -- I asked for people to be accountable to -- that is what I need -- you made some very valid points and I have taken them to heart, now all I have to do is apply them to this area of my life -- I appreciate your candor --

I am looking forward to many long and happy friendships here.

Lyric
Old 07-05-2002, 09:35 PM   #9  

Welcome, Lyric. I'm fairly new as well and like you starting in a modified way until I reach certain areas and then recharting. So far , so good.

As far as those knees go, that's one super motivator. I have two replaced knees and know what you're talking about as far as knee pain goes. If you can help yourself to keep your natural knees (or even keep them longer), that's a great reward in itself. Plus all the other health benefits you can gain.

So, hurray for Lyric and those first steps!
Old 07-05-2002, 11:33 PM   #10  
gbo

Welcome Crystal!!! Comon in take your shoes off, get comfy and first thing...... get you head on straight. Know why you want to lose weight, how you plan to do it and girlfriend....Would that it were as simple as will power!
The truth is , it is all a matter of choises, you and you alone are in control of you or not as the case may be. It is a matter of choise. You have created your life as we all have and it's creation can remain the same or you can create the changes you need to make but it all begins and ends with you. A thousand times a day you have to make those choises... all by yourself and wear the results. You can make those changes and create a more fulfilling life . One richer and better than you could ever imagine we are here to help you in any we can. It will not happen over night and if you fall get right back up and keep going. None of us are perfect but it does take a lot of effort to make those changes a permanent part of your life. You can do it. I promise .
Pam
Old 07-05-2002, 11:51 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi there!! WELCOME!! WELCOME!!
Old 07-06-2002, 07:30 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Gosh you Pam you certainly know how to say it right. I love it when you come in on your horse!! welcome back!!! good to know you are out there with so much on your plate and still have time to drop you wonderful words in. Hope Mom is better, and we will be seeing more of you again!!
Old 07-06-2002, 08:04 PM   #13  
hot mom wanna be!

Welcome to the 100 pound club!
Feel free to check in daily or as often as you can. I do so much better when I do. I make goals and try hard to make them come true. I like how you are breaking your goal into smaller parts. It's less overwhelming that way. That is the same thing I do, too. Also, I used to not come here when I blew it with my eating, only reporting the good not the bad. I find it helps to report the bad stuff because we all can relate and nobody is perfect here!!
best wishes!!

lorelei
313 starting
263 current
258 July 30th goal!
Old 07-08-2002, 09:25 AM   #14  

Welcome to the friendliest boards around.

It's good to have you join us.

I don't see you as being weak - just needing a boost to get back up on your feet.

Sooo, let's all pull lyric back up by her bootstraps and onto the wagon.

one . . . . . two . . . . three . . . .

*********PUUUUULLLLLLL***************

annie
Old 07-08-2002, 11:14 AM   #15  

Welcome Aboard!! Make yourself comfy!!

Closed Thread